ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2002 1.2 16v MPG Readings

Hi there,

My MPG readings on the trip computer of my 2002 1.216v Clio seem to be s***. Just wondering if anyone else with this car can let me know what theres are like??

Rik

How many miles have you done? Mine took a bit of running in before getting good results, i also use a optimax. Mine gets exactly the same as what Chris has put, got up to 38 on a motorway run.

What RPM do you change? Being a little peaky engine its easy to give in to thrashin the nuts of it but changing early will bring MPG up to around 35.5

i get around 29.5 sometimes 30 nipping about town, being naughty here and there, although have got it to bout 48 on motorway, but only when doing 70! but mines a 2.0!

Cool, i was interested to see what the 2.0s are like, wonder how the 172 compares to yours? Do you mean 38 cos i cant get 48 in mine!

nah 48, allthough that is really drivin like a gran and resettin it as im drivin, its norm between 40-45 on the motorway below 80

scroll to the mpg disp then push the stick like button under the digi display!

Hmmmm sounds real technical lol!

H22A7 Accord Type R

well, i went to Scotland at the weekend, averaged 40 mpg on the trip, mostly motorway. And that was making progress If i take it easy, i have pulled 47 mpg out of it on the 230 mile Scotland trip! Best around town is normally 42, but thats babying it!

Just had a little race with a young guy in a 1.2 Dynamique, passed him (maybe his gf is heavier than my amp and sub lol) and then had to brake hard for the roundabout, bit harder than i thought lol!!! OOps! But the ABS etc helped me out and i was off! I dont think he was too impressed tho, as he proceeded to follow me right round the roundabout (the way we had both just came). I flashes my hazards etc but no complementary falsh back......ah well, lol!! My Clio is safely put away in the drive now! Enough on-the-limit fun for one day lol

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

if you hold it down and then insert the key and start it it goes through the rather funny test mode

H22A7 Accord Type R

Rob............Ive already smoked One Extreme today!!! LOL! Nah mate, i drive for my own enjoyment, not to show other ppl how well you can put a clio through a hedge, backwards! Today was one of those once-in-a-blue-moon type things for me. (Yeah his was an extreme, not a dynam as i said above)

LOL I get 30 mpg with my 1.2 16v...... thats using optimax too... i think the problem is its too slow for me and i need to rag it 24/7

H22A7 Accord Type R

Steve u r a NED!! lol! I use optimax and i do find it gives better mpg! i can get high 40s when im pottering around! Even when i kick it i never get less than 38ish on average!

H22A7 Accord Type R

Ned, ned boy, erm, how could u describe it............dunno, anyone else kno how to descibe the descriptive word of NED lol

lol screw you!! I still have never heard that expression. Whats wrong with getting 30mpg? Its only since i got the exhaust and induction. I can get more MPG if i wanted to but thats boring

H22A7 Accord Type R

NED isnt an insult u arse lol! Must be a Scottish word! lol! Its more of a friendly way of saying u are an enthusiastic driver! Hmmmm, cant wait to get my exhaust! Just wonder what Renault Insurance will say bout it once ive renewed! Should be getting some SPAX springs soon :) I hear they are better than APEX?!

I used to regularly average 40-45 in mine, but could reduce that drastically if I was really going for it cross country. The V6 4-mtn averages about 26-30mpg, but drops below 7mpg when you really hammer it (real time).

My birds scottish, a ned is like a pikey lol

Now ive realised how to reset the computer (doh!) Im getting upto 48mpg in town driving very well, including free wheeling down hill! lol. Its now about 42mpg.

So a Ned could be a chav too... Well the Chavs where I live anyway with their stupid caps at a really pikey angle. I feel like running all the sheep down.

H22A7 Accord Type R

you get very excited when ur display hits 50mpg ;) lol, but then u have to go up a hill and it totals it!

I did 2 actually, but then i realised how gay i was being going 30mph! I was changing gears all well below 2000rpm, ive never done that b4! Kinda reveals that its a lowly 1.2 when you do that!