ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2002 172 ff and alarms

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Dicky I know my cars an import, i work for renault and with in the first 2 secs of viewing the car i knew as mine had no locking wheel nuts, no window things and no alarm. Dicky if you PM me your VIN and reg number ill shall tell you if its an import. Also one of the books in the book pack is in dutch.

Rae1 if you read the above posts check to see if you have the LED by the gearstick and alarm sensors by the windscreen.

Dicky I know my cars an import, i work for renault and with in the first 2 secs of viewing the car i knew as mine had no locking wheel nuts, no window things and no alarm. Dicky if you PM me your VIN and reg number ill shall tell you if its an import. Also one of the books in the book pack is in dutch.

Rae1 if you read the above posts check to see if you have the LED by the gearstick and alarm sensors by the windscreen.

LemonNobby,

P.M'D YOU MY DETAILS

172 MKII FF

Lemonnobby1, would you mind checking if mine is definately an import?

Just thinking may be nothing.

But my car has door locks on both front doors And i've noticed some 172's only have one on left door :dapprove: .

Whys this ?

Is it something to do with imports ?

Or is it cos the left side of the cars is the french drivers side ?

172 MKII FF
I've noticed this on mine, except the car has the plastic shape of the door locks. The plastic that is on the door looks as though it has cut outs for the locks.

172 MKII FF
Matt if you just leave the door open it will not set proberly, the alarm is telling you this when it beeps continuley (sp) the best thing to do is arm it with the plip then open the car using the key to the barrel after 1 min. Theres normally a LED in front of the gearstick and 2 ultra sonics sensors by the windscreen on driver and passenger side. Dicky yours looks like mine inside it has no LED by the gearstick you didnt show the a trims next to the windscreen though.

Hi, I tried this earlier and nothing happened. I remotely locked the car, then opened it using the key it basically did the same beep as when leaving the door open - any ideas?

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Matt if you just leave the door open it will not set proberly, the alarm is telling you this when it beeps continuley (sp) the best thing to do is arm it with the plip then open the car using the key to the barrel after 1 min. Theres normally a LED in front of the gearstick and 2 ultra sonics sensors by the windscreen on driver and passenger side. Dicky yours looks like mine inside it has no LED by the gearstick you didnt show the a trims next to the windscreen though.

Hi, I tried this earlier and nothing happened. I remotely locked the car, then opened it using the key it basically did the same beep as when leaving the door open - any ideas?

Leave it for a minute to set then open the door. PM me your details and i will check if its an import and if it has an alarm, if anyone else would like this done PM me

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Just thinking may be nothing.

But my car has door locks on both front doors And i've noticed some 172's only have one on left door :dapprove: .

Whys this ?

Is it something to do with imports ?

Or is it cos the left side of the cars is the french drivers side ?

They changed this in 2003 i think it was both front door then only the passenger side had a lock.

172 MKII FF

Leave it for a minute to set then open the door. PM me your details and i will check if its an import and if it has an alarm, if anyone else would like this done PM me

Hi, what details do you need in order to check?

172 MKII FF
Ok, managed to get the alarm to siren. I came out this morning and just used the key to open the door, this initiated the alarm. Would anyone be able to find out if the car is an import though? I can get a reduction on my insurance if it isn't.

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Matt PM me with your VIN and REG numbers you wont get a reduction because i expect they think its a normal one, and it sounds like you have got a non import.

Mountune Tractor
Lemon - can you tell me if mine is an import? It has an alarm, locking wheel nuts but not sure about the windows. Handbooks apart from service is dutch.

172 MKII FF
Matt PM me with your VIN and REG numbers you wont get a reduction because i expect they think its a normal one, and it sounds like you have got a non import.

Will do, thanks. I am with elephant and when I change my details online to a non-import I get a £50 discount. Takes the piss because when I first got the insurance a month or so ago I tried a normal 172 and the price was good, then I did the import and it went up by £150 or so. Why could they not just give me back the original difference? Arghhhh insurance companies :mad: .

PM done - thanks again.