ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2002 Clio Immobiliser flashing & won't turn over

2002 Clio 1.2
I have the common problem with my Clio where the immobiliser light is flashing fast and the car won't turn over :-( I can get the car to start by squeezing the fob when turning the key but it's only a temporary measure.
I have tracked the fault to three possible problems,key,decoder ring or immobiliser itself. Apparently they are located in the roof and can get wet? How do I get to them? I want to have a look and dry it off it it's got wet to see if it makes a difference.

The other thing is, have any of you tried these: http://www.remotekey.co.uk/renault/renault-clio-immobiliser-bypass/
I'm not worried about the immobiliser actaully working, as long as my car will run!

Thanks

PH2 RS172
the philips transponder chip is fixed to the remote board and can come loose on the solder joints. if youre squuezing it and its working id almost definitely put it down to this. we get this all the time at my work and resolve it by coding a new chip, placing it in the key and the decommisioning the old one so it doesnt confuse the immobiliser if it decides to start working

2002 Clio 1.2
Okay, i can get the key tested, but I'm only squeezing the key to temporarily bypass the immobiliser, as I found on a YouTube video

PH2 RS172
possibly pal depends on whether its a sealed chip (resin around the copper conductor on the chip) or unsealed. resin ones are better to solder

..Jack..

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
If not possible to re solder then I'm sure a mobile key cutter would be able to sort it