ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2003 1.2 16v failed to start & emissions light on

Clio mk4 1.5dci
The dam thing refused to start when I was trying to get home from work last night, the engine was turning over but it just wouldn`t start. I made sure that no connectors had come loose & I also checked the plug leads but it refused to start.

Luckily I was parked on a hill so I let it roll a bit & then bump started it & it spluttered into life & the emissions warning light came on & it stayed on all way home & it didn`t feel as nippy as usual & when I got home I switched off & started it backup again & the emissions warning light came on again. Went to it this morning & it started up fine & the emissions light went off as soon as it started. Was it the car protesting against being driven or could it be the lambda sensor playing up?

Ta
Rich

Clio 1.2 16v Expression
i had a simular problem, the emissions light only comes on now and again with me thou, as the thing happens alot am my immobiliser is fucked. if its turning over but wouldnt start, could be the crank sensor. replaced mine and now all is ok

Clio mk4 1.5dci
Once again, it seems to have fixed itself & i`ll keep driving it until summat else goes wrong. It`s already had a new coil pack & leads & some pricey NGK plugs fitted, I wonder what I`ll have to replace next! The throttle is slow to respond & the clutch is biting at the top, so it`ll either be a new a throttle body or clutch.

If it`s my immobiliser that stopped it from starting with the key, then surely I shouldn`t have been able to bump start it, so i`m clueless to what caused it & i`ve also noticed a bit of white smoke as well so maybe it`s a fuel problem.

Ta
Rich