ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2003 Clios

Silver Fabia vRS

Its not strictly a V6 kit but is the Super 1600 raly car....1.6i 16v engine pushing out 220 bhp! Looks sweet I reckon!

Im pretty certain that the top two images is a bodykit sold by a company in Germany. I cant remember the URL, I think it was posted on this forum a few months ago.

Clio 197

Ill take the Super 1600. What do they sell for? About €90,000? Must look up the details.

Clio 197

<A name=spec>SUPER 1600 Category - Car Specification

TYPE OF CAR
Group A VK -S1600 kit variant; front wheel drive.
HOMOLOGATION
Family: 25000 units in 12 months
Model: 2500 units in 12 months

Kit: 20 sets of:
Cylinder head cover
Intake & exhaust manifolds
Flywheel (2600 g min)
Pistons (310 g min)
Connecting rods (405 g min)
Crankshaft (8570g min)
Front strut mounts
Front bumper
Rear wing
Fenders
Wheel arch modifications
And 1 of:
Cylinder block if re-bored
Bonnet if modified

DIMENSIONS 3600&lt;length&lt;4000mm. Increase width by 140mm up to 1805mm maximum

WEIGHT 950 kg min no crew & fuel; 1100 kg with crew.

MATERIALS No titanium or magnesium unless used on production car. Carbon fibre: single layer on visible surfaces only

CHASSIS Main roll-hoop: steel Ø45 x 2.5mm thick; 500 N/mm2 min. Rest of roll-cage can be CFS3BK

BODYWORK Fenders can be plastic or GFRP but doors & bonnet remain steel

AERODYNAMICS Rear wing: 170 x 170 x 1100mm long max. GFRP only

ENGINE 1600cc 4 cylinders. Max compression 13:1 9000 RPM max

CLUTCH Ø184 minimum; no carbon; single plate

INLET Single series production throttle body Ø 60. 4 injectors max. <A style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #ffffff; FONT-FAMILY: Arial" href= "http://www.rallycodriver.co.uk/prepcompanies/technical/techspec.htmBR

Facts

Every car has:
front wheel drive only
maximum engine size of 1600cc
minimum weight of 950 kg
air intake restrictors
maximum dimensions
Each team can have no more than three mechanics per car plus the driver and navigator on events.

The FIA Super 1600 championship consists of six of the World Rally Championship events for 2001:

Catalunya
Acropolis
Finland
Sanremo
Corsica
Great Britain
Drivers must be registered for the series with the FIA.
Drivers must contest all events to be eligible for points.
Only one homologation for the entire life of the model.
Maximum price of car ready for competition on tarmac: US $100,000 before taxes.
Entry fee to the FIA S1600 championship = £23,000.

There are also national championships for Super 1600 cars, such as the UK Formula Rally series

The top kit is available from some dealers on the continent, but not over here. Though all renault tuners supply it over here. Ktec are hoping to do a rally kit thought to be honest fitting huge steel add ons doesnt appeal to me. I havent seen any kits for the new clios which look good.

Clio 197

Ben H,

The rules state only that:

"Maximum price of car ready for competition on tarmac: US $100,000 before taxes."

Check with your local dealer...

I dont see the point, unless you spent loads on engine mods to compensate for the extra weight and drag you d still get beaten by a 172 cup or V6 which would make the effort seemingly not worthwile?

Rob, if your referring to the S1600 or the silver and yellow clio.....ill asure you it will bet both teh 172 and V6.

Its not just a body kit, its far more, in fact you cant buy the body kit alone. The entire kit is fibreglass and light....so dont worry about weight.

And when you buy the kit for US$100k, it comes in plastic bags all labeled up and ready to be built.....only thing it shared with the cporudction clios is the shell.

with ya, but any of the actual kis available will add about 10kg max, and not too niticeable, apart from their ghastly looks.....ergh.

Probably steel add on arches too. Personally i think the new clios are pretty cars, and are different so they dont need bodykits anyway. My mate has a nova with all fibreglass add ons, so its like a TVR, stinks when warm, double ergh!

Theres some photos of a blue S1600 in the current Renault mag (yes Im sad enough for Renault to post each issue to me!!) £83,260!!!!;)

Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 06 January 2003

Probably steel add on arches too. Personally i think the new clios are pretty cars, and are different so they dont need bodykits anyway. My mate has a nova with all fibreglass add ons, so its like a TVR, stinks when warm, double ergh!

Nope, fibre glass arches and bumper.....seen the in the beginning pics.

but mind you, if done wrong, fibre glass canbe heavier than steel ones, BUT i doubt that Renault sport would get that wrong....LOL

Clio 197

£83,260 equates to US$133,923.22! Must be the after tax price then.

Not a great bargain in the greater scheme of things either way...

Still I wouldnt mind one if somebody else was paying the bills!