ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2004 1.6i Dynamique Stalls when Cold

Hi all,

Posting on behalf of a friend, who has a 2004 1.6 16v Clio Dynamique. It's recently developed a problem whereby it will always stall when it's cold - start it in neutral, and engine will fire up, and then die again within a couple of seconds. If you keep revving it, it will settle down and then won't stall. When it's warmed up, it's fine, so i'm wondering if it could be an air-fuel ratio problem?

I've not worked on this engine before, aside from helping him change plugs, oil, etc, so i'm not sure how the idle is controlled on this car? Does it have an idle control valve? If so, are they cleanable on these cars, and more importantly, where is it!?

Give me a vauxhall and I can find most things, but on his Clio i'm a little bit lost!

Thanks for any advice/suggestions,

Rob :)

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
My 1.4 does this, Ive found that taking the throttle body off and cleaning it helps short term.
I think that the 2004 has the metal throttle body - mine has a plastic one and have been advised to replace it with a metal one costing roughly £120 for the TB plus booking it in to be programmed etc.

BMW F31
my girlfriends sisters 03 1.4 16v does this too, i'll the TB next time i'm over there see that helps