ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2004 DCi Clio - Horn Problems (yes...another one!)

Hi there everyone.

I know this is my first post and it's extremely rude to ask a question first time, however MOT time is fast approaching and my intermittent horn on my 2004 DCi just isn't going to hack it.

Long story short - it's the rotary switch (clockspring...whatever you want to call it).

The usual issue - red and grey wires from steering wheel to switch have sheared (At the switch end) and although I've repaired them by solder three times now there's not much left to solder onto and it's getting kind of futile.

I was wondering if anybody on here could tell me where these wires go after they enter the rotary switch? My intention is to "splice" into these cables and wire in a push-switch on the dash so I can get through my MOT without issue - I really don't want to have to replace the whole rotary switch, however this may be a last resort.

Can anybody tell me the route the horn wires take so I can intercept the buggars!??

Many thanks,

Sgdw.

Mk3 clio 1.5
I made a guide on here on how to fix this, but the mods didnt approve it, so was never posted up :/

But you can just replace the indicator stalk if the damage is to the barrel, got mine from the scrappy for a tenner.

thanks for reply.

i'm guessing the horn runs through the indicator stalk and then into the large connector which connects to that? I have looked at the wiring diagrams and it seems they all run together (horn, headlights, indicators etc).

Don't suppose you still have access to that guide you made? would be great to have a step-by-step if possible.

Thanks again,

sgdw

Mk3 clio 1.5
thanks for reply.

i'm guessing the horn runs through the indicator stalk and then into the large connector which connects to that? I have looked at the wiring diagrams and it seems they all run together (horn, headlights, indicators etc).

Don't suppose you still have access to that guide you made? would be great to have a step-by-step if possible.

Thanks again,

sgdw

that would be correct mate, there are 2 wires, (red, black) which run out of the stalk and into the connecter block, thee normally snap off on the stalk itself.

I will re-make the guide again, and link ya probly later today or tmoz.