ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2006 Budget Ouch for RS owners!

that true fact is he's using the environment as an excuse to hike the tax up, is he's that concern about it why doesnt he get taxi'd around in a 1.0 micra!!!! what a t**t

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
blink172 said:
So its £190 for the year on a 17/82? Meaning it'll be £97.50 for 6 months?

I think 6 months will be £104.50. Looking at all the other 6 month rates its half + 10 %

e.g up to now 12 months was 165.00, 6 months 90.75

165 / 2 x 1.1 = 90.75

190 / 2 x 1.1 = 104.50

Ziel Nurburgring
F*ckers wont let you pay by credit card either, only debit. Sucks when you dont get paid before the 1st

Yaris Hybrid
At the end of the day boys if I offered to PAY YOU £100 a year to drive a 1.2 16v instead of your 172's/182's would you take it?!?!

Nope thought not!

Not sure how it encourages people to buy cleaner cars! If you can afford to run an X5 or something you ain't gonna give a monkeys about £100 a year extra on tax.

Clio 172PH2
its a fuc*ing pis* take - fuel prices are set to go up AGAIN as from september 1st! So thats gonna make it dearer again to own the RS lol but i aint changing.

Thing thats most annoying is we pay all this tax etc and yet look at the state of the roads we drive on pot hole after friggin pot hole.

CLIOpatra, L22EE W™
roadrunner_182 said:
Thing thats most annoying is we pay all this tax etc and yet look at the state of the roads we drive on pot hole after friggin pot hole.

Bloody nightmare, isn't it?

Toypop said:
Not sure how it encourages people to buy cleaner cars! If you can afford to run an X5 or something you ain't gonna give a monkeys about £100 a year extra on tax.
If you look at the amount of disposable income against the cost of motoring then your statement is confirmed.

Budget%20Chart.jpg

Yaris Hybrid
They could make the tax a Daewoo Matiz free and charge £500 a year for the 182 and I'd still drive it!

Thats probably why he has done it. Lets face it there is no danger of us all saying sod it and buying little cars and Mr Brown losing all his tax revenue. He knows we would rather pay it than drive a small car.

Mercedes AMG GLE 53
What pisses me off is our cars have cats (well most) and are cleaner than these old rust buckets with small engines that chuck out smoke and all sorts of other s**t.
They get their tax cheap if not free if its over 25yrs old and we get screwed for having a decent car.
Rant over.

Dave

CLIOpatra, L22EE W™
daveclio172 said:
What pisses me off is our cars have cats (well most) and are cleaner than these old rust buckets with small engines that chuck out smoke and all sorts of other sh*t.
They get their tax cheap if not free if its over 25yrs old and we get screwed for having a decent car.
Rant over.

Dave

Fair point there.

fat 182
im gonna be paying 400 quid a year in car tax fo my two cars

bring back the torys they all drive 4x4s they lower tax

Audi TT 225
Thats it Im off to prospeed first thing in the morning for a de-cat!

If Im being screwed then the environment gets it! Im also gonna dump my old engine oil in scenic areas and let my dog poop everywhere.... and anything else I can think of... booo!

I wouldn't mind if I knew this money was doing some good, but where does it go? It sure as hell doesn't pay to improve the roads around here because there is "never enough money" to do it.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
oh joy im not affected, if my car was a tad newer (say 4 years lol) i would get £5 off...how come the old cars dont get changed?!

ant

yep.
well you all know what to do come election time.

actually scrub that......................they're all the f**king same :(

Ibiza Cupra TDI
ukaskew said:
I wouldn't mind if I knew this money was doing some good, but where does it go? It sure as hell doesn't pay to improve the roads around here because there is "never enough money" to do it.

Good point!! Is that why 4x4's are so popular these days, so you don't feel all the pot holes!! The roads are terrible!:mad:

fUbAr said:
erm... my V5 says 257G/km of carbon dioxide :eek:
Cue 30 minutes of chat on msn...

Both our cars are registered within 15 days of each other yet I will have to fork out an extra £20 over 12 months more then he does.

However he has paid more a year so far then I have had too lol!

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Vehicles registered on or after 23rd March 2006

BAND CO2 Diesel Car Petrol Car Alternative Fuel Car
G Over 225 £215.00 £210.00 £200.00

So is band G only for brand new stuff?

im more concerned about my V5 showing 257G/km of carbon than a raise of £20! :S

any ideas as to how i can prove this is wrong and get it changed?

Volvo S60 T5
b******s, the online site for re-taxing your car is still down.
Bet its all OK tommorow when the price changes happen.