ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2009 Megane RS

One thing's for certain, for at least 4 years there'll be people saying they prefer the looks of the old one, and how lardy and s**t the new one is...before buying one when they can afford it, and it's "grown on me".

I have no problem with LED running lights TBH, as long as they are well done. Move with the times people. In 3 years you'll all be w**king off over your LEDs in similar way to your flickering xenons ;)

MKIII 138
looks great as mentioned front is very sti. amazingly its lighter, yet even better built, with better interior and still gets the LSD as stock now which is a real plus.

should be mint.

Clio 182.
Whos going to buy one though with that paltry power output. The Focus RS is gonna piss all over it.

Broken Diesel Megane :(
Whos going to buy one though with that paltry power output. The Focus RS is gonna piss all over it.

who says it has paltry power? is anything confirmed? i for one am interested as it will be launched around when i am looking to buy a new car. but will reserve judgement until everything is official.

for now, the front end looks good imo.

Clio 182.
Someone else in the thread reckons it will be the R26 engine, which, lets face it, is likely. Renault like re-hashing the same engines over and over again.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS

It's not all about raw power though is it. It's how you use the power. Also, is the RS Megane even in the same class as the Focus RS? I wouldn't have said so.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Those daytime running lights are going to become law very soon on all new cars.

Shame for bikers though.

172 ph2
m3rsclaylignesauton3bax2.jpg

090218113745878088.jpg

Not sure about the Renault badge... It seems to high up on the bonnet?

Plus I think the number plate bumper strip should be painted.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
its going to be underpowered at 250hp as the focus is close to 300hp the golf is 270hp and no doubt a new vxr will be out at the same time

the current megane is off the pace as well with out and out bhp potential, more about handling.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Indeed.

The existing and as previously mentioned heavier* 230bhp Megane destroys its rivals. This car will be the beginning (Lower power output than forthcoming versions as per product cycle rules)

The FRS is obviously a rival, but its more of a niche product.

*Based on a comparison with launched versions of the 2009 model.

Better than yours. C*nt.
Indeed.

The existing and as previously mentioned heavier* 230bhp Megane destroys its rivals. This car will be the beginning (Lower power output than forthcoming versions as per product cycle rules)

The FRS is obviously a rival, but its more of a niche product.

*Based on a comparison with launched versions of the 2009 model.

Destroyed?! Roffle. Ok sunshine!

Lest we forget that the '230bhp' Golf GTI Ed30 actually rolls at around 250-260 from most owner's experiences... Has incredible feedback when you're driving on the limit (to the point where it can wiggle a wheel in the air) and also comes with a gearbox which is a stroke of genius for track driving...

Edit - and that's the outgoing model...

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Destroyed?! Roffle. Ok sunshine!

Lest we forget that the '230bhp' Golf GTI Ed30 actually rolls at around 250-260 from most owner's experiences... Has incredible feedback when you're driving on the limit (to the point where it can wiggle a wheel in the air) and also comes with a gearbox which is a stroke of genius for track driving...

Edit - and that's the outgoing model...
The R26 will pull away from an S3 (as noted by Autocar). As for the DSG? Can't stand it. Still automatically upchanges at the redline, which is pretty hideous for a track set-up.
Great cars, but not as good a drivers car as the R26.
(Not sure what links feedback and wiggling a wheel in the air?)

MKIII 138

stupid comment.

the focus ST (which R26`s wee`s all over) is of a higher output and handles much better / faster round track etc.. and cheaper.

the new meganesport will compete against the focus ST, golf GTi 210bhp hence it will have more power than those and weight less + have an LSD which neither of those two do.

the R26R is the competitor to the Focus RS if you want to look at it that way, both use a revo knuckle and LSD, the R26R went for 125kg weight strip, proper seats, cage, tyres, even poly windows and titainium exhaust.. the focus RS went for a Remap and a fancy bodykit over the R26`s already standard features

ultimatley i would imagine more fun in the R26R than the focus RS, but the childhood chavs in most men will love the looks of the Focus RS and the higher power output.

power to weight is simular on both.

given fords a massive company vs renault i dont think reno do too bad.

finally although i think 99% of people will think your comment was wrong and misjudged the price of the Focus RS over a discounted (and there are always discounts) meganesport will be substancial.

the interior on the new megane looks nicer than the focus, and the safety is on par if not better with it being a whole new 5star ncap renault design.

duhhh...

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
It's not all about power as people keep going on about.

I'm sure the new Megane will be 250ps and probably around 200kgs lighter than the Focus RS, so i'm sure the power/weight won't be far off.

Look at what the R26.R gets put up against with 230ps and still comes out on top on track, due to how it delivers the power and the handling of the chassis.

Definately worth waitng a year or so to see what other versions of the new RS Megane come out though.

Better than yours. C*nt.
The R26 will pull away from an S3 (as noted by Autocar). As for the DSG? Can't stand it. Still automatically upchanges at the redline, which is pretty hideous for a track set-up.
Great cars, but not as good a drivers car as the R26.
(Not sure what links feedback and wiggling a wheel in the air?)

My DSG changes when I hit the limiter, not at redline - which seems fine for me as if you bounce off the limiter you waste power. And I'm not entirely sure what S3 they raced, but my Pirelli pulls lengths on my mate's 230...

There's no knocking, the Megane is a brilliant bit of kit, but if you spend a bit more, you get a bit more IMHO. If it makes you feel better, the R26.R was on my list to choose from...

Turbo LY R27
Roffle! And people were sayin thr R26R will hold it's value! Me no think so.

I agree. I do like the r26r, but dont think it would be a very nice car to live with at all. No stereo, and its supposed to be really loud coz there is f**k all dampening. Over hyped and overrated imo. Standard r26 any day. cant wait for the new meg rs.

I agree. I do like the r26r, but dont think it would be a very nice car to live with at all. No stereo, and its supposed to be really loud coz there is f**k all dampening. Over hyped and overrated imo. Standard r26 any day. cant wait for the new meg rs.

its not meant to be amazing to live with its the height of the hothatch pyramid. it is like it is for a reason, not to be comfortable, etc.

as for hype... see focusRS

as for overrated... 8.17(12) around the ring.

play the game

Better than yours. C*nt.
its the height of the hothatch pyramid

Maybe getting out more is in order... Sorry, but I just think that's absolute rubbish.

A hot hatch still needs to be liveable - the R isn't, and as such is more a track car than a hot hatch...

172//Crap Micra//Bus
Evo
One of the stars of the Geneva motor show - for us, at least - will be the all-new Renaultsport Megane. Sadly the main picture is all we have to go on at the moment for what will be seen on the Swiss show floor.

Nevertheless, styling cues from the mad Megane Trophy can be seen in the grille and shapely bonnet line, the new Renaultsport hot hatch looking butcher and more aggressive than the three-door Megane Coupe it's based on.

The engine from the current Megane R26 (and eCoty hero Megane R26.R) is set to stay, although a power hike of around ten per cent is on the cards. The outgoing hot hatch boasts 227bhp, which is beginning to appear a bit limp against the impending Ford Focus RS (300bhp) and Alfa Romeo GTA (240bhp+). A rise to around 250bhp, should help remedy that. The hot Megane Mk3 will still be front-wheel drive with power transferred to the floor via a six-speed manual and a limited-slip diff.

Little else is known right now, with more definite details on March 3 when the car gets its Geneva unveil. Read the latest on the Geneva Motor Show and its highlights in the meantime...
TBH, I think they've missed out a couple of key issues there, but I guess we'll soon see. I can't wait... Looks good, sounds mint ;)

Clio 182.
stupid comment.

the focus ST (which R26`s wee`s all over) is of a higher output and handles much better / faster round track etc.. and cheaper.

the new meganesport will compete against the focus ST, golf GTi 210bhp hence it will have more power than those and weight less + have an LSD which neither of those two do.

the R26R is the competitor to the Focus RS if you want to look at it that way, both use a revo knuckle and LSD, the R26R went for 125kg weight strip, proper seats, cage, tyres, even poly windows and titainium exhaust.. the focus RS went for a Remap and a fancy bodykit over the R26`s already standard features

ultimatley i would imagine more fun in the R26R than the focus RS, but the childhood chavs in most men will love the looks of the Focus RS and the higher power output.

power to weight is simular on both.

given fords a massive company vs renault i dont think reno do too bad.

finally although i think 99% of people will think your comment was wrong and misjudged the price of the Focus RS over a discounted (and there are always discounts) meganesport will be substancial.

the interior on the new megane looks nicer than the focus, and the safety is on par if not better with it being a whole new 5star ncap renault design.

duhhh...

I think youre being a bit short sighted tbh. By the time this new RS megane comes out, there will probably be a faster Astra and Golf to compete with too - all hoping to take sales from the focus RS. You cant compare performance figures with outgoing models. You're also presuming that the new megane will be as good as the R26.

Dont get me wrong, i love the R26 and im not a fan of the ST at all, but i think renault are going to make the same mistake they did with the 197 and make it underpowered.

Also, not too keen on having my opinion stated as "stupid" by a person who cant even spell similar.

Better than yours. C*nt.
Also, not too keen on having my opinion stated as "stupid" by a person who cant even spell similar.

Looking over that one post, I don't think you need to worry. He can't spell much in it so I think it's fair to say he's hardly in any position to call someone stupid.

And Welsharab - nobody said that I thought it was rubbish, just that it's not a hot hatch - the idea of a hot hatch was to stick a big engine is a normal car, not to ruin the normal car.

Just my opinion, but it's one that quite a few people share. The R is a track car...