ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

200bhp and better build quality

Im a sad guy that has spent far too much money in my near 40 years on McDonalds, Currys and High Fat Lager. The time has also been spent enjoying a lot of cars inc an E46 M3, RS4 and lots of Scoobies. Im always after a car that gives you a smile whilst you drive and when you get home, sit down, you get up again for another drive for the sheer fun of it. I cant be bothered running two cars, i.e. elise for those sunny days and a sensible car for the other.

I guess I have had 50 odd cars in the last 20 years and the 182 is one of the best Ive had. With a small turbo(200bhp) and £500 quid spent on better build quality, Im sure this could be the ultimate hot hatch. Will Renault deliver this, current or future Clio????

Jonathan

Clio 197

Newer models look better built - yet theyve been using the same fastening clips and manufacturing techniques for years!

I doubt theyll ever change, unless they have to (ie: people sopt buying their cars).

That said, my 182 Kicks A55!

They dont need and wont go for a turbo for the next one.
Renault always have so much potential in there cars if only they could sort out a few things theyd lead the say in terms of sales. Then agin why should they bother there doing Ok of the poorly built new cars anyway.

Volvo S60 T5

you get what you pay for, nothing can touch a 182 in the price range so a few rattles and stuff..live with it or spend another 4 or 5 grand.

look at mercs, spend stupid money it breaks down!, renos aint that bad really are they!

Im happy with my car, few silly rattles but upgrade the ICE and you wont notice;)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by Chins on 21 April 2005

With a small turbo(200bhp) and £500 quid spent on better build quality, Im sure this could be the ultimate hot hatch. Will Renault deliver this, current or future Clio????

Jonathan

Yes and no.

No it wont have a turbo but yes it will be better built and have 200bhp*

*roughly

Ziel Nurburgring

Turbo= Higher Insurance Group

Where the 182 is sat at the moment is just right, affordable insurance and low running costs. If renault start getting into serious tuning in such a small car youll increase premiums and daily running costs making it to expensive for younger drivers.

I have no problem with the build quality of my 182. I do have a problem with the sh*tty, lazy, couldnt care less attitude of the dealers.

id have to agree with blink , 182 is about the best out there pound for pound , all manufacturers build quality isnt perfect you will find faults in any car , renault have made the car more responsive with the extra 10 bhp having owned ph1& ph2 172s , ok everybody at one time feels their cars need that little bit extra but not everybody can afford this , im more than happy with me little 182 :D

brian

225 & Audi S4

when l picked up my new Laguna yesterday sales manager told me next renault sport clio will be 205 bhp in the end of 2006 start o save some money now