ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

200bhp LAD 182’s

right, im told this is what I had a quick play with on Sunday, but whats the crack with these things? do they actually tune them, or just add a load of tacky stickers that say race me, I have 200bhp and stickers that make the car look ard? It had aftermarket wheels, looked like 17s and the driver did put her foot down but obviously wasnt too familiar with those gear things. It looked pretty quick though to be fair, she put her foot down and started leaving me and I was impressed until I did the same and just ate it up... Id even be confident to say had it been in 4th id have still pissed on it by staying in 5th. Looking at the LAD cars I think they would be good if they were brought out from Reno and were 2 insurance groups lower due to being de-tuned as this was a joke TBH... I was 2 up as well, driver on own...

has anyone seen or had any direct comparisons or run ins with these cars? isnt there someone else that does a 200bhp style package for the Clio as well, anyone had any encounters with those?

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

Mine has "CUP" stickers, it didnt have one in, just the CUP holders!!!! ;)

so the answer is they well and truely suck? thought so, ive only heard bad things and seeing it with my own eyes confirms it... hope the poor lass didnt pay a premium for them taking bits off her engine and replacing with duplo parts...

they do have a terrible reputation, i cant understand how they are still in business! I wanna know who it was too, comeone, own up, who has a LAD tuned car... defend yourselves! hehe

Full Fat 182 - Was..

sorry i missed all of this, but whats a LAD conversion? whos it done by and why do they do it if its so sh*t? not that im gonna buy one, im going to keep my 182 till it falls apart (not long now) then go and buy something sensible... like the new MERC SL 55 AMG

We offered lad the chance to come and show us what their car could do at a RR day.In fact we even said we would pay for their run. Instead of jumping at the chance and thinking what an opportunity it would be and a big audience of potential customers they effectively declined. We (Tom IIRC) had an email back effectively saying we need £700 in expenses to appear for fuel, an overnight stay in a decent hotel, loose women a night on the beer and full english in the morning. Complete jokers.

Ziel Nurburgring

LAD Motorsport: Left Asking Didyoudoanything Motorsport.

Claim 200+bhp on a 172 with a few breathing mods and peco back boxes. Nothing else touched and claim your warranty isnt void.

Take into account, people spending £3k+ only made about 210bhp with serious mods

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

P]Some of those emails were stupid, it was £900 to trailer a customers car and put him and his team of monkeys up for the night and pay for food. (oh and pay for his RR runs)In fairness i did say "any" expenses, but does the dude want customers?And he cant write emails.

RS4

Quote: Originally posted by TheJesus on 06 September 2005

right, im told this is what I had a quick play with on Sunday, but whats the crack with these things? do they actually tune them, or just add a load of tacky stickers that say race me, I have 200bhp and stickers that make the car look ard? It had aftermarket wheels, looked like 17s and the driver did put her foot down but obviously wasnt too familiar with those gear things. It looked pretty quick though to be fair, she put her foot down and started leaving me and I was impressed until I did the same and just ate it up... Id even be confident to say had it been in 4th id have still pissed on it by staying in 5th. Looking at the LAD cars I think they would be good if they were brought out from Reno and were 2 insurance groups lower due to being de-tuned as this was a joke TBH... I was 2 up as well, driver on own...

has anyone seen or had any direct comparisons or run ins with these cars? isnt there someone else that does a 200bhp style package for the Clio as well, anyone had any encounters with those?
you raced a woman?? you wuss:devilish:

clio007, of course not, racing is illegal... I merely happened to put my foot down, cooincidentally just after she had... :devilish:

TheJesus - what were you driving?

your williams ?

yes, I was in the 182 killer ;)

hehe, yeah, nodded off at the wheel actually and thought to myself "wouldnt it be nice to have a LAD tuned 200bhp 182 Clio?" :p

hopefully I will see it again, those stickers were mint too... love the way they covered almost the entire door on the drivers side (didnt see the other side, you dont when you moving them over from the fast lane tho)

erm, well I dunno about that mate, tbh I couldnt really tell, but if im in 5th say at 3700rpm on the motorway I know this is 3rd or 4th gear in a 1*2 varient and Im pretty sure the driver didnt drop it a cog as I caught up FAR too easily. The only reason I know she was gunning it was down to the awful cat smell (no jokes please... oh go, just a couple then...) and the license losing speeds...

i wouldnt buy one tho... lets put it that way... theres only one place I would take a 182 if I had it (back to the dealer! :p).

Smokey - its funny because its true by the sounds of it mate! This is the first time I have actually seen one on the road... lol

Quote: Originally posted by .Griff. on 06 September 2005

All praise the mighty Jesus. Is there a day that goes by where you dont sl*g off 172s/182s and instead "big up" your infallible Williams?? - only the days where i dont see one... so no, not really... :p

Your monotone rambling stories are boring after weve been told for the 15th time this week "I owned a 172".. Who gives a toss frankly? - a wise man once said "give a f**k? dont read it then pleb" ;)

Do I post as many as 15 times a week?? :eek:

172 Cup

Quote: Do I post as many as 15 times a week??

04 December 2003
3124 Posts

The maths would suggest so yes actually.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

he is only having a joke with us to get a bit of a rise. chill pill time me thinks people

and look, he has!! lol

172 Cup

Quote: Originally posted by leeds_182 on 06 September 2005 Handbags.

Ill get out my "AWT Louis Viton Killer" Prada then..

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

lol^^^^^^^^ good darts! jesus? any response? ;)

i love a good handbag session.

Quote: Do I post as many as 15 times a week??

04 December 2003
3124 Posts

The maths would suggest so yes actually.
sorry, from your posts I assumed you skipped school (maybe i mis read it though, it could have said skipped to school?... i forget...)

technically, from the information you provided you could only find the average amount of posts a day/week, so yes, it would only go as far to "suggest so" well done :p

172 Cup

Quote: Originally posted by seb182 on 06 September 2005
lol^^^^^^^^ good darts! jesus? any response? ;)i love a good handbag session.

I think hes still pondering my maths puzzle ;)

Quote: Originally posted by leeds_182 on 06 September 2005 Handbags.

Ill get out my "AWT Louis Viton Killer" Prada then..
as long as you dont get out the other thing... you know what will happen too... people will only laugh, you will cry then well have to have that whole size doesnt matter talk again ;)... anyway, someone mentioned something about cars... i think?

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 06 September 2005

Quote: Originally posted by seb182 on 06 September 2005

lol^^^^^^^^ good darts! jesus? any response? ;)

i love a good teabagging session.

filthy!
you up for it?! what is it with Cs and gay undertones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All praise the mighty Jesus. Is there a day that goes by where you dont sl*g off 172s/182s and instead "big up" your infallible Williams??

Your monotone rambling stories are boring after weve been told for the 15th time this week "I owned a 172".. Who gives a toss frankly?

You by the sounds of it in your inferior CUP roflmao

[Edited by Smokey on 06 September 2005 at 3:25pm]

Quote: Originally posted by Smokey on 06 September 2005

All praise the mighty Jesus. Is there a day that goes by where you dont sl*g off 172s/182s and instead "big up" your infallible Williams??

Your monotone rambling stories are boring after weve been told for the 15th time this week "I owned a 172".. Who gives a toss frankly?

You by the sounds of it in your inferior CUP roflmao

[Edited by Smokey on 06 September 2005 at 3:25pm]
PMSL, 10 pages anyone? hehe :devilish: