ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

200BHP TARGET

i have the willy engine in my megane and would want 200bhp out of it

wot wud i need and how much?

not doin it yet so dont need phone numbers etc etc

cheers

THrottle bodies, cams, headwork, DECENT exhaust, standalone ECU, rolling road time, up the CR, up the safe rpm limit.

CR = compression ratio

and to safely up the rpm limit you need to balance the bottom end successfully. Not just up the limiter.

2005 Nissan Navara

CR=compression ratio.

do that lot (wot Ben said) correctly (flat out tuning) and u would easily get over 200BHP.

need to consider lightweight valve gear etc to get decent RPM

could do but i dont kno of many renault engines that have that

would a 182 engine plus couple of mods do?

can u get TBs for the 182? cos id want that mod

cheers

Dunno if 182 engine goes in a megane tho!

The problem is with Engines.. either people spend lots on them.. and keep them, or sell them with the car..

200bhp for about £4k isnt too bad.. is it? Turbo conversion is what, 7k ish? but then, thats something silly like 250bhp (on thr 1.8 16v!).

DO we really have to go over this all again.

The 172/182 same engine, same things apply.

Megane engine is a willy engine with a slightly better cast block, crank and different head/inlet manifold. The port shape is better for non-full racing applcations.

A search will reveal all.

I didnt think the 172/182 engine in a megane had been discussed!

Hehe.. people have talked about 172/182 in a 16v tho.. so Im, guessing same applies..

Boyracer, speak to a tuning garage. I suggest andi GDI (place brun got GT clio done) he will be able to do it for less than £5k.

I can get my 206 gti (137) Tbd chipd, and all the work mentioned for £3.5k ish and will achieve over 200bhp.

Quote: Originally posted by Clio_novice on 07 April 2004

Boyracer, speak to a tuning garage. I suggest andi GDI (place brun got GT clio done) he will be able to do it for less than £5k.

I can get my 206 gti (137) Tbd chipd, and all the work mentioned for £3.5k ish and will achieve over 200bhp.
Hmmm yeah and did you see that tbd 206gti180 in Pgti not so long back? it still made TERRIBLE times :( LoL

dont really wana turbo

ive had an idea...is the megane 225 engine a turbo? if not wot u recon costs would b for one of those?

if not wud a 172 engine with a couple of mods b beta than a willy engine and more mods? even tho willy is older is it a better engine

i snigger at this ^^^^^
you wont get over 200 on TBs alone.

And TBs on a nice rebuilt F7 engine for 200 bhp will cost circa 5K. Its not just parts you need.

Yup the F4R engine is a good starting block defo, and when youve got that silly tb/inlet system off it the unit is quite a bit shorter lol

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

its all about customising your own car.... supprising the people that did buy a 200 bhp car becuase they did not know where or how to get 200 bhp!!!!

wolf in sheeps clothing and all that...

p.s. GDI seemed to get mentioned in this thread.... we did not do that Pug BTW!!!!!

200 bhp is quite possible.... like Ben says... but to do it PROPERALLY, to make it reliable and drivable is the key thing... PROPPER engineering and a well built engine is the important thing.... just throwing parts on is not the way to do it..

Rebuild with:

Ben R Gasflowing work

Custom cams

Vernier Pullies

Increased Compression Ratio

Full engine balance (inc pistons / rods / crank-flywheel-clutch cover)

Throttle bodies

Stand Alone engine managment (the only way to correctly fuel and time at this level)

A REAL!!!! 200 bhp in a small car is great fun and point to point will be faster than most on the road.... dont be conned into believeing outragous power claims in certain places... its not that easy to get that kind of power...

also do not forget that bhp is not the only thing.... TORQUE will feel totally different and tuned engine such as above will give you a real PULL

I am sure Roamer will give testiment to this with his modded 172.... (which I understand has much more to come!!)

Andy

GDI

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

Exactly, wolf in sheeps clothing is better than owning something everyone expects to be rapid imo! unless its an evo 5 or somethin! :)

I had a williams I a few years back and got it to 198bhp (rolling roaded by prima racing) with the following mods...

Induction kit

Full exhaust/decat/ with 3" tailpipe

ECU re-map

Magnecor ignition leads and some dodgy spark plugs (cant remember which)

I was expecting about 175bhp, but when they stuck it on the rollers it was 198bhp

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

rollers were prob a tad high, seems a bit too much for those mods mate!

did u get a second opinion on another RR???

a fair few people have them mods on here with a williams and arent seeing them figures. even ones with cams, headwork, etc arent seeing that high!:confused:

Quote: Originally posted by paulous2k on 08 April 2004

I had a williams I a few years back and got it to 198bhp (rolling roaded by prima racing) with the following mods...

Induction kit

Full exhaust/decat/ with 3" tailpipe

ECU re-map

Magnecor ignition leads and some dodgy spark plugs (cant remember which)

I was expecting about 175bhp, but when they stuck it on the rollers it was 198bhp
There is no way that 198 BHP came from those mods, dodgy rollers

350z & 16v Maxi

no way, im sory if you thought you had 198bhp and im not having a go, but with those mods i wouldnt expect much more than 160, if that.

Fitted an induction kit to my car and LOST power!!!

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 07 April 2004

i snigger at this ^^^^^
you wont get over 200 on TBs alone.

And TBs on a nice rebuilt F7 engine for 200 bhp will cost circa 5K. Its not just parts you need.
Ben, think he meant turbod?

Not that Im challenging your vast knowledge!