ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

200's Undersealed YES or NO?

P

Philpott

Had my 200 for couple off months now, before winter kicks in needa get this done if nt already done, so can anyone tell me for DEF if they comeundersealed alredy and if so how long it last for?

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Well all new cars have it to an extent.

Most are galvonised these days so the need for undersealing went out of the window.

clio 200 /08 subaru
Had my 200 for couple off months now, before winter kicks in needa get this done if nt already done, so can anyone tell me for DEF if they comeundersealed alredy and if so how long it last for?

dont know what bits are galvi
but i always wax my cars with mercedes underbody wax ,all drive shafts suspension legs,
floor, brake pipes, fuel lines in fact anything thats metal fookin gets it, at least 3 coats .
except brake discs .:nono::lolup::lolup::lolup:
i just got a new legacy estate in metalic white , second day i put car on ramp removed wheels cleaned calipers and hubs ,then sprayed them red with halfords cans
then spent 5 hours waxing the full car underneath .
i know it works as i did my seat in 2001 and i still service it and mot it every year for the woman that got it from me ,the car is perfect underneath
the mot guy says every year it amazing how good it is for its age
it works stops the dreaded salt eating at the shell and suspension
going to do my clio 200 next
geo:race:

Da

Less
Surely it's a bit OTT though, unless you're preserving a car as a future classic? :S

clio 200 /08 subaru
Surely it's a bit OTT though, unless you're preserving a car as a future classic? :S

no i just do all my cars ,to keep them good
have done since 1996 .some day i might have to keep a car for along time . its too late 5 years down the line after the rust bug has a hold of her
+ i dont like changing brake pipes ,they piss me off some what
this may be the car i keep
DSCF3249.jpg