ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

200T gearbox map/update?

Clio RS 200T
Anybody with a 200T been able to get the Trophy gearbox update or know of a good aftermarket gearbox map?

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
No and their isn't one.

The actual box speed is hardly any different on the 220, it's the actual paddles and the speed that makes the difference.

Nothing wrong with the 200.

Clio RS 200T
No and their isn't one.

The actual box speed is hardly any different on the 220, it's the actual paddles and the speed that makes the difference.

Nothing wrong with the 200.

There is definitely 200T owners out there who purchased the Trophy update from Renault dealerships in the past. Nothing wrong with the 200 gearbox is subjective but I agree for the most part. It would be a better car with a few little tweaks to the mapping, however.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
There is no Trophy update for the 200, there is only AN update that improves changes in auto mode.

If you're looking to make a 200 feel like a 220 you've no chance.

Clio RS 200T
There is no Trophy update for the 200, there is only AN update that improves changes in auto mode.

If you're looking to make a 200 feel like a 220 you've no chance.

Don't know where you got that idea from? AN update to improve gear change logic/ratios in Auto would be great as this is one of the little issues I have with the 200T compared to the Trophy. Where is this available?

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Ah fantastic. How did you go about getting it done? Ring my closer dealer?

Speak to the service department about the software upgrade to book it in, there are some nominated Renaultsport branches throughout England amongst the regular ones. Some dealers won't be aware of it

Clio RS 200T
Speak to the service department about the software upgrade to book it in, there are some nominated Renaultsport branches throughout England amongst the regular ones. Some dealers won't be aware of it

Awesome, will get on to them soon. Thanks for the help.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
The map doesn't make it trophy quick, I don't understand where people are getting this from, it improves auto mode.

The changes are the same speed it's the actual paddles that make the changes quicker in a trophy.

Clio RS 200T
Yes its a software update to the box. Makes changes a bit quicker as per the trophy thats they only thing they changed really.
I'm in a dealer in Bristol if you want it done

I’m up in Leeds so would probably go to a dealer nearer if possible. If you have an idea of the price and if I can get it done without the service that would be appreciated. Cheers.

Clio RS 200T
Check with Paul at RST - I think he can load the update

Yeah as Daz has said Paul can only raise torque limiters. Don't think he's fully cracked the DSG software (or doesn't care to). Would have been ideal as i'm going there for a stage 1 in a few months.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
The map doesn't make it trophy quick, I don't understand where people are getting this from, it improves auto mode.

The changes are the same speed it's the actual paddles that make the changes quicker in a trophy.
this is not the case, The box software was re calibrated to make it shift gear 50% faster, the paddle change was all about feel, not shift speed.

2014 Clio 200t edc
Has anyone managed to get this done recently? @lemonnobby has been really helpful but my local dealers don’t know anything about it and he’s a way away from me. Although might take a road trip for it!

clio rs mk4
my renault said if you need an update they send a letter out. all euro 6 200t have same engine and gearbox software as the trophy but engine map is different ive tried to see if i can get the 220t rev limit and overboost functions put on a 200t euro 6 especially with have same turbo as the trophy. think all euro6 clio rs have the trophy paddles and gear change software. i know you can get the clutch set point recalibrated which can make the clutch respond better as that is what ive had done to my 200t.

2014 Clio 200t edc
my renault said if you need an update they send a letter out. all euro 6 200t have same engine and gearbox software as the trophy but engine map is different ive tried to see if i can get the 220t rev limit and overboost functions put on a 200t euro 6 especially with have same turbo as the trophy. think all euro6 clio rs have the trophy paddles and gear change software. i know you can get the clutch set point recalibrated which can make the clutch respond better as that is what ive had done to my 200t.
Is yours a euro5 as well? What did you say to the dealer to get the clutch set point recalibrated? I’m guessing that’s what people mean when they say an update.

clio rs mk4
mine is luckily a euro 6. i have ddt4all so could do it myself as when i spoke to my dealer they said its per hour for diagnostic and that it might need a new clutch which is not cheap. the update is to the software which does not recalibrate the clutch just updated when to listen to paddles and how fast to change gear as euro5 without update is i believe 150ms gear change in race mode and euro 6 and trophy is 75ms gear change in race mode

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
We can look on R-Net to see if a car has a transmission software update available and if so, apply it. Sadly, it only seems to appear on vehicles 2014 or older. Later cars all had it as standard. As above, the clutch pack and shift drums will also need calibration afterwards.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Yeah, we can take a look in to it for you if you like Daz? Renault seems to have caved a little now and are letting some Independents with legit CLIP and ASOS access perform updates. They pulled it from us (I know Kev at Armstrongs was another effected), along with some other services, without any warning or justification.

2014 Clio 200t edc
Had mine done today, a software update and recalibration. What a difference. Changes are a lot smoother and seem faster. It’s quicker to change up the gears as you move off as opposed to before when it hung onto the gears like mad.
well worth persevering with. I had to travel to a dealer miles away as my local ones wouldn’t help.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Yeah, we can take a look in to it for you if you like Daz? Renault seems to have caved a little now and are letting some Independents with legit CLIP and ASOS access perform updates. They pulled it from us (I know Kev at Armstrongs was another effected), along with some other services, without any warning or justification.

I'll think of a decent reason to come down... Not clutch decent mind! :eek::p