ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

200T VS 220 Trophy

Clio 200t
I'm insane obviously but then again maybe are you the insane one. If you don't like it then fine. Don't know why you are commenting on a Renault forum seeing that you own a Fiesta anyway.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
the gearbox is quicker than I could change gear in a 197 or 200 so you must be some form of bionic person to be able to change gears quicker?.

Compared to a manual, yes. But nobody compares it to a manual because it's not a manual gearbox.

Don't know why you are commenting on a Renault forum seeing that you own a Fiesta anyway.

So when people buy new cars they're supposed to stop talking to the friends they made when they had the old car and log off forever? CS is more than just a Clio owner's club - it'd be hella boring if it was.

Still want to try out a 220 trophy. Had a look round Autosport International yesterday for one. Biggest automotive show in the UK and as far as I can see, there wasn't one. (there was a 200t cup racer, but no road models). Ended up sitting in a Fiesta M-Sport instead.

Clio 200t
Point taken. I don't his car history or how he has been a member of this site either. I'll keep quite on the matter.

Clio 200t
Just to clarify @Metalmad I've owned (off the top of my head) five Renaultsport Clios over the years. I therefore feel entitled to comment on the new one. Seen as though its the only one that interests me not one iota.

Very decent reason to have an opinion on the new one, but what got his and others backs up is how rude you are about it. And getting your point across, it's very clear you don't like the car - fair enough, don't insult people who own them though.

OT: Personally love mine, glad I've got something a bit different, but they are a bit love and hate. If I were buying now rather than a year ago, id go for the trophy, but finding one in your ideal spec will be hard unless you get a brand new one

Clio 200t
Exactly my thoughts Chris. Being called insane to have bought one is a bit over the top. I had a megane 225 before this and personally prefer the Clio. Of course that is just my opinion. And sorry Matthew no offence was mean't to you. I realised after my comment that you probably had owned Renault's before.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I'm going to get you all a slot on Jeremy Kyle. Work out the issues in between paternity tests. I'll be in the corner of one of the sofas, whimpering over shift times.

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
I have drove both the 200t and 220 trophy at Oulton Park and the Trophy is a massive improvement over the 200t but neither were as much fun or as quick as my 182, BUT this is on a track I would like to have a go with them on the road because I think they would be a nice car to drive also you can get a 200t with a couple of thousand miles and a few months old for £15k that is a bit of a bargain and you will still have over 3 years warranty left.
TBH the Kia is a nice car as well and if you are planning on keeping it it is well worth considering with the 7 year warranty.

Clio 4 RS cup
Faster in the real world, yes, where a good seam of torque will always be better than a rev-nutter. The 200 was never the darling, let's be honest. Well maintained (as in, stock-for-stock in comparison) 182s will at the very least hold a 197/200 on a normal road, if not leave them trailing as the same engine tries to pull an extra lump of weight along the road.
But cheaper to run? A 182 will do 40mpg on a long run and there's significantly less electrics to go full-Renault. For instance I wouldn't trust that gearbox to change a bin bag, let alone manage full-bore upshifts without running off to Madame with a fault code and several lumps of metal stuck to the inspection magnet.

Still, I'd rather have a C'eed GT :wink:
If the gearbox in full auto mode and you let it do it's thing then it's "ok" if you are in auto and use the paddles then it can be caught out. Sport mode in manual I think is OK.

Clio RS 200 Gordini
This thread is exactly what CS is.

Arguing and bitching.

All shut up and stop putting each other down.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Prime example of my point fella :smile:
60163302.jpg