ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2011 Clio Bumpers

Clio 2.0 16v 172
Hi all, new here but I have just got a cheap run around and fancy messing about with it a bit. I've spotted a bodykit I quite like, although I am aware that bodykits are not well liked around here by the sounds of the threads I've seen.

I spotted this one on www.nicedeals.co.uk which I have never dealt with or heard of, is there anywhere else to get this kit as I can't seem to fine the same one anywhere else. I have many plans for the little girl when I pick her up, such as lowering etc.

It is an imusic 1.2 16v probably the smallest engine I have had in over 10 years lol but she is what she is and it suits for running about.

imagejpg1.jpg

imagejpg2.jpg

SQ5
It's the smallest engine car you've had in ten years.

So that means you are 27+, and you seriously think this is the best way to spend your money?

Wouldn't you rather sell this and put the £1500 towards a 197?

Clio 2.0 16v 172
It's the smallest engine car you've had in ten years.

So that means you are 27+, and you seriously think this is the best way to spend your money?

Wouldn't you rather sell this and put the £1500 towards a 197?

Well as I earn it, I can spend it as I please.....so yes I do. Not Everyone is purely into high litre engines and speed ALL of the time. As stated in my post this is a RUNAROUND.

And yes I am 32 and have been driving since I was 16 and a half as I was in the army. Why it matters how old I am I have no clue?

As for satisfying my need for power and speed I am currently looking for a decent BMW M3, not to replace the Clio but as a weekend car, I've had many BMWs over the years so I love them.
cheers for he reply.

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
Why would I want a 182? And is that saving me money?
to be polite theres a 182s around that money now - i understand the attraction to the body kit but if anything buy a sport kit from the same model otherwise you will ruin a 1.2

Clio 2.0 16v 172
to be polite theres a 182s around that money now - i understand the attraction to the body kit but if anything buy a sport kit from the same model otherwise you will ruin a 1.2

Thanks, I've been trying to see what sports kits are and where from etc etc but couldn't find a lot of info on it, any advice?

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
Thanks, I've been trying to see what sports kits are and where from etc etc but couldn't find a lot of info on it, any advice?
tbh .. i wouldnt put a body kit on it, best thing to do is but 197 kit or 200 kit depending on what car you have.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Some different wheels and a spot of lowering should make a run around look half decent before diving into bodykits.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
To fit a 197/200 kit you'll need

Front bumper
Wings
Skirts (which won't sit right as the rear of a 197/200 is wider)
Rear bumper (which won't sit right as the rear of a 197/200 is wider)
Diffuser
Custom exhaust.

If it was me, I'd buy a £1500-£2000 182 as a cheap run around instead of buying body parts.

It'll look the part and do 35mpg.

Clio 2.0 16v 172
Some different wheels and a spot of lowering should make a run around look half decent before diving into bodykits.

Thanks, probably what I am doing first

If it's just a run-around, why waste money on making it look shite?

That's your opinion....and because I have the money too. Nice to know people here are friendly.

To fit a 197/200 kit you'll need

Front bumper
Wings
Skirts (which won't sit right as the rear of a 197/200 is wider)
Rear bumper (which won't sit right as the rear of a 197/200 is wider)
Diffuser
Custom exhaust.

If it was me, I'd buy a £1500-£2000 182 as a cheap run around instead of buying body parts.

It'll look the part and do 35mpg.

Fair point, but I already have the car and no point getting three cars lol, I'll probably just keep it as is, other than lowered and a few subtle mods. Cheers to this who actually put in some helpful infor for me.

Suzuki Jimny
Not trying to be mean, I apologise if I came across that way.
It's just we get so many 17/18 year olds on here asking about fitting body kits and spending thousands of pounds when they can hardly afford the insurance.

Clio 2.0 16v 172
Not trying to be mean, I apologise if I came across that way.
It's just we get so many 17/18 year olds on here asking about fitting body kits and spending thousands of pounds when they can hardly afford the insurance.
I realise that, and no problem, I am 32 married with a 14 year old and a 2 year old, we both work, I am in the forces and we have no issues with money.

So as you can see no problem there, I may be a little old school with my approach to cars but that's just me, it's been a while since I've modded any car as I have a
Had mainly BMWs last few years and as any BM drivers will know you usually drive them as is.

As for this little one I'll be lowering probs only on springs as anything else seems too low for where I am, probs exhaust and a few little bits here and there. It is only a little hobby car that's all I haven't got it for speed or anything else.

I just have no idea about what wheel size I can get away with what drop I should go for or spacers etc its been a while and I dont know these cars as my ones were the mk2 facelift 03 regs.