ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2011 FCS Feedback

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Guys, after chatting to the FCS team for hours on Saturday night we get the distinct impression they aren't getting enough feedback from us as a club. So now is the chance to have your say.

What don't you like?

What do you like?

What do you want in the future?

Fire away, we are way way way the biggest club that attends FCS, so chances are if enough of you request something it may happen!
PS, don't suggest impossible s**t like "I'd like all future space shuttle launches to happen at FCS" or anything equally stupid.

ipodsandguns

ClioSport Club Member
  GW X200 CUP
I think if the music p\a was dropped into a lake many people would be chuffed.

Also CS's choice of orderves wasn't what it should be.

C3 Picasso Beast
In terms of this years show;

Didn't like; Poor surface area to park, could of been more trade stands/things to watch, lack of obvious places to look for times of events etc/programme and the annoying women on the mic who kept saying the same stuff over and over!

Liked; Parade Lap, free bumper cars, good choice of food stands, interesting things to watch (though a bit repetitive...)

For future; Not much just the same but bigger and better with more to see/do and better surfaces to drive/park on.

Don't like:
I agree with Dan on this. The music was terrible. Spice Girls at a car show?? Really?? And it was too loud imo. When standing near-ish to it, I was struggling to hear some people speak at times (although the wind didnt help with that).
Also agree with Shot_Corpse's opinions on things he doesnt like.
Tbh, there isnt alot that I like about the actual show itself. It seemed to be exactly the same as last year, which was a little disappointing. They need to mix it up a little. I dont know how, but change things round.

Like:
The club atmosphere. Everyone I met yesterday were really friendly and that made the day enjoyable imo. I know that isnt about the show specifically, but thats the main bit that I enjoyed about it.
Going on the parade lap. Was my first taste of going on track and, even though it was at slow speeds, I loved it.

Future:
Dunno. Totally rehaul the event. Think of new and exciting things to include and incorporate them into the day. Not much help with that comment, but I cant think right now of things to suggest.

We had a poor location this year. That's not a nice area to park on.

The wind is awful at Rockingham but new venue next year (Not revealing it yet, not sure if we're allowed) so that will improve a lot of things.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Wind pissed me off as it ruined/bent my door
I didn't like having to get up at 6am - Need's to be a bit later start time IMO

Other than that I enjoyed the show

ipodsandguns

ClioSport Club Member
  GW X200 CUP
We had a poor location this year. That's not a nice area to park on.

The wind is awful at Rockingham but new venue next year (Not revealing it yet, not sure if we're allowed) so that will improve a lot of things.

Wasnt it year before last the stand was in same area but rally car rides we right behind us coving the cars in s**t?

Im hoping for Donnington!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
i hear there is a new venue next year so this might sort things but imo most car shows ive been to are on a grass surfance, now obviously if it rains this can become a problem but if its a nice day like it usually is you can all sit about on the grass, bbq etc

i wasnt really into the japspeed lot drifting about, if i want to see drifting ill go to EDC and see much more action, most of us were there for the french cars and the japspeed lot drifting about on the track was just waisting time until the track time started, i went a walk until they were finished, although i go to a lot of jap shows/days so maby for some of the people that dont it was something different for them to see?

parade lap was a farce, should have been less cars, or even 2 laps, half the cars one lap half the cars the 2nd, and everyone sticking to a speed, we had cars stopping, doing launches and burnouts and flying about as if they were doing track time.

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Liked: Parade lap, variety of clubs, CS stand was organised well and everyone was polite

Didn't like: Skanky tarts, shite pop music, dust, the woman who was on the mic for the shows - chav,

Also walked around the stands a couple of times and never saw a PFC stand? I wanted my magazine!!

07 Campus Sport 1.2
Liked: Parade lap, variety of clubs, CS stand was organised well and everyone was polite

Didn't like: Skanky tarts, shite pop music, dust, the woman who was on the mic for the shows - chav,

Also walked around the stands a couple of times and never saw a PFC stand? I wanted my magazine!!

you didnt see the PFC stand? It was behind the Photographers little portacabin thing next to the Meg's top25 bit

Megane 225 F1
The PFC stand was next to the meguires top 25 stand lol.

Like: Meeting people. parade lap. taking pics of random birds( see dislike for show birds). Standing on the podium above the pit garages :cool:

Dislike: The amount of s**t cars. Meguires top 25 is basically the chaviest car. The show birds looked like the used to be fat and had lost a lot of weight. Only decent show bird was the red head and I didn't have my camera to take a picture.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I must say they put the drift cars ect in for the chav pikey's who attend in their Saxo's. Not every club is like CS. I say that lightly but we imo have a half decent respectful membership and assume that we're past the stage of getting an erection of a jap car drifting and banging sound systems.

Do they have an awards ceremony or anything for cars. The whole thing just doesn't look nice but then again the new venue will help that.

Really proud that CS is the biggest club there, that is some feat guys well played! Strong following. You never realise when you sign up or into here how many people are in the club ect... especially comparing with other clubs.

The Clio does have a big base and a wide selection of cars through the years I suppose. Not like they are making 106's anymore or Saxo's.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Don't Like:

The wind, after someone losing his door to the wind and it collecting my rear quarter in the process this wasn't a good thing. I say it every single year rockingham isn't a good place to host a car show due to the ammount of wind/dust that is there. I think the surface isn't great and often found myself nearly kicking stones towards peoples pride and joy, probably because I was too nackered to pick my feet up after having to leave the house at 4:30am.
I think the start time could be moved back slightly, I'm not sure if theres any sort of time limit to get your car on a stand by, I always thought there was so that's why the early start.
If the location was still to stay at rockingham I think the pedestrian tunnel should be re-opened. When the track action started I was looking for a seat and there were barely any available, thus not giving good viewing points that could be had in previous years from on top of the pits.
Also the wifey on the Mic annoyed me. I think a good interviewer for the next event would help, not some blondey with s**t crack

Things I liked:
The parade lap, Sun, meeting some new faces and the fact the French scene seems to be improving with some of the quality of cars. I did notice that some people had ruined some of there cars by adding bright colours to try and 'out-do' eachother in the different stakes but hopefully they will grow out of that little fad.

Things for the future:

I think a new location with a good track and viewing points would be great, can't quite decide whether a grass event would be good, It would work excellent if the weather was good but would really turn to s**t if it rained.
A track session with no loonys on it. I never really looked into taking the car out on track but after having the parade lap I wondered why I'd never driven my own car on track. I've decided I need to get myself to a few novice days and get some tuition in my own car and do some more work on the set-up. If this hadn't been on offer before I think it would be a great thing to introduce.

The best of show awards? Always going to be controversial, I think that the stage set-up I saw at edition 38 would be great, get your car on there, have a chat and see how the crowd respond. I think a voting system would actually work a lot better than some of the 'judges' opinions.
Somewhere with easy accessible water. I know silverstone have a few outside taps knocking around which do help.
Cliosport Club stand awards? I'm talking cars on the day that impress, not something that everyone arse licks on the forum and is a mate of the judges. A few spec sheets would help as well as there were plenty of closed bonnets but some had FMIC in them, I was very interested to see what was going on inside the bay but not many owners around to chat to.

I did enjoy the show this year though, got a new set of wheels for the cup. Never got to see much of the track action unfortunately but from what I did see there was still the usual suspects doing the rounds

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Dislike: The amount of s**t cars. Meguires top 25 is basically the chaviest car.
I did see a couple of cars that weren't, namely craig's s/c ph1 that I detailed earlier in the week, a mint R5 Gtt and a black c2 on schmidt modern lines, for the rest that I saw they weren't representing the french scene at all, a small minority do bodykits these days but going through the club stands I didn't see many bodykits at all. Thankfully that space invader white R5 wasn't there haha

Owen

ClioSport Admin
My 1st FCS, and I really enjoyed it.

Only negatives for me were the volume on the pa speakers and as previously said, the annoying people they give the microphones to. However, both were easily overcome by just not going near them.

I did like the trade stands and the choice of food seemed good. Oh and the fact they had proper toilets, not pikey portaloos.

SG9 Forester STi
Felt like our stand was in a wind tunnel this year! Didn't really get to meet many CS'ers this year due to not being at the car for the majority of the show.

Liked: Seeing all the other members cars, eeing the other club stands was good too. The clubs cars make the show for me (despite seeing some questionable cars on some of the stands lol). I really enjoyed watching the track which was why the weather was a pain, especially the CS parade lap (pops and bangs much? :p).

Disliked: Whilst the trade area was a lot better than last year it definitely could do with a bit more. What was with all the Jap stuff in the trade area? I think they definitely need something different in the show arena bit, that girls voice was annoying (again!) and it became very repetative. The area we got to park on was pants and far more out of the way, I believe the Saxo's got the spot we had last year? But with the new location next year that'll be solved. I reckon it should be at Santa pod, loads of tarmac to park on and some good racing to watch :approve:.

The woman talking in the action bit needs to go for next year.

The dodgems were a nice touch but there simply needs to be more things to do, when you're there at 7am it starts to get a little boring at 10am.

What about doing 0-60 runs or have a mobile RR trailer there? Maybe some simulators? (All ideas stolen from Trax...) Santa Pod is also a good shout

C3 Picasso Beast
The above reminds me that another thing I didn't like was that things advertised as being there on the FCS website weren't there i.e. the RR trailer the website said would be there...basically if it's not confirmed don't advertise!

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah not sure myself where it was but one of the 306 diesel boys went on it, apparently it left a lot of people with unhappy faces but what do they expect with a portable RR?

None :(
Ok, this was my 3rd FCS (09, 10, 11) and I must say if I hadn’t gone out on track, it would have been pants. Ditto what others have said, just same thing different year with less to see/do. Well that’s what it felt like.

This was my first ever time on track, and I thought the whole thing was organised very well, professional, the briefing was good, signing passengers on was easy, the whole experience you go through before you get on to the track was top notch, the miss’s thought the same. Following that safety car for two laps for me was a brilliant way to get to know the track before getting let loose.

The toilet facilities was up to a good standard I thought considering the type of place etc. They were all clean, the door lock worked, and there was toilet roll!!!!

Dis-likes:

I know this was mentioned before, but the ground where the cars are, twice I accidentally kicked a stone, luckily it didn’t hit a car, but I could easily see this happening.

Stores/shops. I swear the first time I went to FCS in 09, there was a LOT more stores to buy stuff from, like some decent stuff. I can remember seeing an OMP store, I came with money to buy a helmet, but I didn’t see anywhere selling them. Just thought for a car show there would have been a lot more stores/brands trying to promote or sell their new kit.

Games room. The last time I went, they made use of the downstairs bar area, there was arcade racing, general stuff for entertainment. It was all shut yesterday nothing was in there that I saw.

Women, need a lot lot more, even if they are just walking around with a smile on their faces. :approve:

Oh I also agree with what the others have said about the loud music from the speakers, eek! :dead:

Future ideas:

I generally feel they just need more things for people to see and do. If you just go for the show and not for track time, what does one do once they walked around the cars once, and watched some drifting? Have different entertainment not just drifting, get some monster trucks involved crushing and running over cars. Get some tanks in. Get a celebrity to come to the show to hand out an award or something, but they arrive via helicopter. Get a drag strip for companies to compete against each other, some people might like watching a few drag sessions. Have another mini show in the day with some guy doing handbrake turns into some crazy parking spots and stunts on two out of his four wheels. Get a mini go-kart track on site, so people can have a go at go-karting……just chucking ideas in the air here…..

Basically I feel the show should roughly consist of track time, club stands, and all day long entertainment, which is different all day, not the same sh1t over and over again, I’d want it so that there is so much for people to choose from, they might actually get stuck deciding what they want to watch, or should do first etc.

James

DB.

BMW 440i
I thought the best one was when all the trade area was in the paddock side tbh, not sure how that goes with track access though.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Do admin think there will be a few extra names at CSS due to the success of FCS from a club pov?

Sounds very positive from that aspect.

Liked: The demeanour that CS give off being better than everyone else there (because quite frankly we are), the company, the CS car stand, the events on track.

Disliked: The music on the PA, the location (and the dust/wind), the apparent time warp back to the 90's when max-power was cool, 50% of the cars in attendance, being ill all day lol :(

Suggestions: Over emphasis on arriving at stupid o'clock in the morning, as a result I was bored as soon as the parade lap was over. Trade stands were pretty bland and I like the idea above of maybe holding 0-60 runs or 0-100 runs on track etc... However this would then further encourage the chav crowds from other clubs to generally kn*b about.

Overall a good day and felt the CS stand was very well organised/marshalled

DB.

BMW 440i
One member said he felt unhappy with the way the club was at FCS. Can't remember the thread, something about someone taking the mickey as he asked for a membership pack he paid for 4 days ago.

Other than that, all positive.

I don't understand the emphasis on getting there so early, seems silly to me.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
One member said he felt unhappy with the way the club was at FCS. Can't remember the thread, something about someone taking the mickey as he asked for a membership pack he paid for 4 days ago.

Other than that, all positive.

I don't understand the emphasis on getting there so early, seems silly to me.

FYI Thats not FCS feedback.

The marshalls allowing people on for their tracktime was comical, sat and watched for half hour and every single car let out nearly collided with one coming round the bend, it was a joke.

The location is crap.

They wouldn't let me anywhere even half decent to take shots of track time, shooting through a fence is utter w*nk.

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Do admin think there will be a few extra names at CSS due to the success of FCS from a club pov?

Sounds very positive from that aspect.

Well, to prove this I'm coming to CSS because of how good I thought FCS was organised etc..

ITB'd MK1
The above reminds me that another thing I didn't like was that things advertised as being there on the FCS website weren't there i.e. the RR trailer the website said would be there...basically if it's not confirmed don't advertise!

agree. Apparently I had a trade stand..... They never even spoke to me about it until after it was published, and i had no intention of doing it.

Would have been an ok show if it was £10 to get in, however £20 took the piss, thats the same as a weekend ticket at pod/shakespeare. Think i'd seen everything i wanted to see by about 9.30 and ended up watching the very fast 106's make everyone else look like big girls blouses on track for most of the day.

Megane 225 F1
I managed to take a few pics from above the pit garages. Only because I managed to:

a) Stay after the parade lap
b) went back over with some mates with his KTR racing megane. Funnily enough, a quick flash of our orange wrist bands allowed us through the tunnel.

4th straight year for me and once again disappointed, I said after last year I would give it one more year and this was it.
I agree with all the obvious dislikes BUT they may become mute dependant on where it's moving too, I know times are hard but surely they can muster more trade stands, it seems pitiful.

I enjoyed the year with the Tunnel and Pit Garages, was it 3 or 4 years ago? but anyhow if it's not staying that's immaterial now.

Focus RS + S3
Liking the club awards idea

And maybe a programme with your ticket with a timetable of events in like they do at trax, so you know whats on and where