ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2011 MBP keeps overheating

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Hi fellow Apple fan bois.

My early 2011 MBP keeps overheating & burning my leg. The fan keeps coming on and going mad. Is there something I'm missing here?

Cheers.

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
Could be dusty inside. I had mine open a few months back to clean the dust out and replace the thermal paste, dropped the CPU and GPU temps 10 degrees each.

YMMV.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
have u installed lion?? if so open activity monitor, make sure its showing all processes and look down the list for "usb print and storage centre" then end the process... 10 seconds later your mac will cool down and stop revving the fan up and down... also look to see if there is anything else running that is using a lot of power... anything over 100 that you aren't using close... (don't try and close a kernel process though)

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
have u installed lion?? if so open activity monitor, make sure its showing all processes and look down the list for "usb print and storage centre" then end the process... 10 seconds later your mac will cool down and stop revving the fan up and down... also look to see if there is anything else running that is using a lot of power... anything over 100 that you aren't using close... (don't try and close a kernel process though)

Sorry for being stupid. Over 100 what? MB?

RB One Eight Two
Mine is doing exactly the same. Had it 4 months now and its only just started doing it..

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
mine started doing it soon as i installed lion... by stopping processes that are using a lot of cpu percentage it stops the over heating...

RB One Eight Two
mine started doing it soon as i installed lion... by stopping processes that are using a lot of cpu percentage it stops the over heating...

I will look into it. Cheers