ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Prospective Clio Owner

Chevrolet Corvette
I can testify to this as I've almost finished my 182 RB restoration - have a read if you've got a few spare hours. https://cliosport.net/threads/resto...rt-in-racing-blue.840322/page-5#post-12380859

Sold my other 2 182's last year, partly because I couldn't get the parts I needed to do a full resto. So the plan was to just focus on the 1 and then run it as a daily. Or I may sell it if the price is right.
Will do...weekend reading for me. Always find that kind of thread interesting.

Chevrolet Corvette
Off the top of my head you can't get the following genuine parts and as you say many 3rd party makers no longer do them:

Arch-liners
182 Cup Springs - front and rear
Xenon headlamp levelling sensor - sits on the rear subframe
OSF Wishbone
NSR ABS Sensor - although i think the aftermarket version is still available
Airbox and pipes
Sump covers
Bonnet and bulkhead sound deadening
Boot mat
High-level brake lights
Fuse box under bonnet
Starter motors (only refurbished ones) and heat shield
Rear heat shield (above back box)
Tons of bolts, screws, grommets, interior trims
Seat belts and that little bracket and cover that the inertia belt goes through
Plastic cam belt cover
Battery bracket
Gearknob
Cabasse stereo updated
Steering angle sensors
Seats
Driveshafts - 3rd party still available

Probably loads more I can't think of. Mine is original (genuine parts) other than the springs and exhaust, but not many, if any, are in original condition.
Interesting! Thanks for posting.

Chevrolet Corvette
Off the top of my head you can't get the following genuine parts and as you say many 3rd party makers no longer do them:

Arch-liners
182 Cup Springs - front and rear
Xenon headlamp levelling sensor - sits on the rear subframe
OSF Wishbone
NSR ABS Sensor - although i think the aftermarket version is still available
Airbox and pipes
Sump covers
Bonnet and bulkhead sound deadening
Boot mat
High-level brake lights
Fuse box under bonnet
Starter motors (only refurbished ones) and heat shield
Rear heat shield (above back box)
Tons of bolts, screws, grommets, interior trims
Seat belts and that little bracket and cover that the inertia belt goes through
Plastic cam belt cover
Battery bracket
Gearknob
Cabasse stereo updated
Steering angle sensors
Seats
Driveshafts - 3rd party still available

Probably loads more I can't think of. Mine is original (genuine parts) other than the springs and exhaust, but not many, if any, are in original condition.
Interesting! Thanks for
57,000 miles, 182 RB with White Stripes - On Autotrader
I emailed the seller and now have his number. I really like this one.

I just need to sell my Corvette first! If anyone on here finds me a buyer, £150 is yours! I don't imagine this is the most obvious site for Corvette buyers lol

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Interesting! Thanks for

I emailed the seller and now have his number. I really like this one.

I just need to sell my Corvette first! If anyone on here finds me a buyer, £150 is yours! I don't imagine this is the most obvious site for Corvette buyers lol
You'd be surprised what people sell on here, become a paid member and you can list it here. Worth a go.

Hilux

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Cup F1
1675022942070.png

Love the wheels - what are they??

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I will do 👍🏼

Yeah, it was a great car but hit a pothole and you were almost guaranteed a puncture...as I found out one winter on several occasions. You were dodging one and hitting another, the roads in Glasgow were so bad!

Curiously enough i had an Up GTi in 2019 new also - was a fantastic car, re the pot holes, the standard tyre size was a joke, i swapped mine to 205/40 and it made a hell of a difference (and with keeping the thing in check at 150bhp!)

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Interesting!

I've just sold the Corvette so I'm now very much in the market for a 172/182!

I meant to say, that low mileage titanium 182 i was tagged in is sold buddy - don’t limit your search locally, best giving yourself the best chance of venturing wherever need be for the best example you can find👌🏽

Chevrolet Corvette
I meant to say, that low mileage titanium 182 i was tagged in is sold buddy - don’t limit your search locally, best giving yourself the best chance of venturing wherever need be for the best example you can find👌🏽
I've travelled down to Portsmouth for a new Abarth so more than happy to travel lol

I've just posted up to ask for thoughts on a 172 I like that's in Swansea of all places!