ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2021 Black Friday TV Deals Thread

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Alright folks!

I am on the hunt for a new TV. Know absolutely nothing about them other than they usually have to be plugged in and come with a remote.

I figured with the Black Friday Bonanza upcoming, I would rely on some of the more tech savvy of you to assist me in my TV purchase. All the while, we can help anyone else looking to pick up a bargain!

Spot any good deals on a TV? Post them below!

Personally im looking out for a big b*****d tv. Ideally 75 inch, 4K but I get a bit lost on the screens. Budget of about £750 (if 0%, we can up that budget ;) )

Cheers folks :)

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Gotta be a savvy buyer to pick the genuine good stuff from the s**t they're trying to offload cos no-one wants it.
1000% mate. I should have said that BF is usually a crock of s**t. Hoping someone on here is way more savvy than me at price hunting.

Just looking on Amazon now and the pricing is bonkers. Most of it isnt a deal whatsoever.

340i
I'll be looking for a new TV, if any 'good' deals pop-up... Since moving house, my 3yr old Samsung 55", 4K randomly blacks out for 3-4 seconds.

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
At that price point for a massive TV you're getting a low end TV, they'll all be much of a muchness.

Go to John Lewis/Richer Sounds and choose the one you like the look of (especially stand wise) and an OS you like imo.
Ain't that the truth. Bought my 46" tv from Richer Sounds about 8 years ago now. Only 1080p but everybody who comes to the house thinks it's a 4K. At the time a typical 1080p tv would set you back £599 but i paid them about £900.

I still don't understand the technology but something to do with Hz or refresh rate. Football or Wildlife programming looks unreal still and it's the reason i've never felt the need to change it.

As people have said above, the s**t getting sold in BF deals will be just that.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I'll be looking for a new TV, if any 'good' deals pop-up... Since moving house, my 3yr old Samsung 55", 4K randomly blacks out for 3-4 seconds.
HDMI lead/ port.
Mine used to do it loads. Changed the lead and it was fine for a bit. Didn't tell the wife though, just bought a new TV 😂

340i
HDMI lead/ port.
Mine used to do it loads. Changed the lead and it was fine for a bit. Didn't tell the wife though, just bought a new TV 😂

Good shout, I am still using the original HDMI leads / ports. Will swap them over, see if that makes a difference!

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
If your buying a tv and plan to game on it at any point, read the reviews or check the specs, when i bought mine, i never really give it a second thought, TV is really good, but the lag is f*cking terrible when trying to game.
I sent back a TV for that exact reason a few years ago. Tried playing COD and it felt like by the time my trigger press registered we were already queuing for the next match 😂

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
I sent back a TV for that exact reason a few years ago. Tried playing COD and it felt like by the time my trigger press registered we were already queuing for the next match 😂
This, i was all made up, put Forza on, first corner i came to i was in the wall before the wheels actually turned.. :ROFLMAO:

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
need a decent refresh rate then.
c2c7Qq74.gif

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Just looking at new TV's, once the kitchen is done my current 49" Sony android slow as he'll thing will go down the bottom of kitchen/dining area and will need a new TV for living room.

The Mrs wants bigger (typical woman)
I was thinking of 55" but don't feel I'd notice the difference that much over the current 49" so started looking at the next size up on Curry's website which is 65"

Came across this one. It's over budget but can stretch to it if needed. I also get 7% off curry's so price will drop a touch(better than nothing)

I'm way out of touch with TV and specs though. So question is, will this be good for movies and sports and gaming? I'm not a massive gamer but do use the PS4 occasionally and kind of want to future proof in case I get a PS5 next year.

I was looking at Samsungs because both my dad and brother have one and have always found the picture quality really good.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Just looking at new TV's, once the kitchen is done my current 49" Sony android slow as he'll thing will go down the bottom of kitchen/dining area and will need a new TV for living room.

The Mrs wants bigger (typical woman)
I was thinking of 55" but don't feel I'd notice the difference that much over the current 49" so started looking at the next size up on Curry's website which is 65"

Came across this one. It's over budget but can stretch to it if needed. I also get 7% off curry's so price will drop a touch(better than nothing)

I'm way out of touch with TV and specs though. So question is, will this be good for movies and sports and gaming? I'm not a massive gamer but do use the PS4 occasionally and kind of want to future proof in case I get a PS5 next year.

I was looking at Samsungs because both my dad and brother have one and have always found the picture quality really good.

Go OLED. Anything else is subpar at that price point. I wouldn’t have anything else in my house now.

There have been some decent deals this week on them too which still might be going.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Go OLED. Anything else is subpar at that price point. I wouldn’t have anything else in my house now.

There have been some decent deals this week on them too which still might be going.
Am I right in saying this is OLED?
Isn't QLED samsungs version of OLED or am I off the mark?

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Am I right in saying this is OLED?
Isn't QLED samsungs version of OLED or am I off the mark?
QLED is just their higher end normal panel, OLED is its own thing. For what it's worth, LG currently make OLED panels for literally everyone else, so if you're looking for an OLED then don't worry too much about brand name, because it will have an LG panel in it. The differences occur in image processing, CPU power, and operating systems.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
QLED is just their higher end normal panel, OLED is its own thing. For what it's worth, LG currently make OLED panels for literally everyone else, so if you're looking for an OLED then don't worry too much about brand name, because it will have an LG panel in it. The differences occur in image processing, CPU power, and operating systems.
Just had a quick Google between the 2. Samsung don't offer OLED tv's, seems the QLED is their equivalent. I will have a look at the LG stuff as well though

Do I need to look at anything specific for gaming spec wise?

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
If you're looking for PS5 then you'll want 120hz and HDMI 2.1 for when the developers make full use of the PS5 capabilities.

The LG CX series will have these. The 55" is a good shout.
That Samsung one I posted has both I believe?

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
Sorry to hijack, but maybe relevant. I'm currently considering a LG OLED TV for the living room to replace a Hisense 55 inch we bought about 5 years ago, when we moved. Looking to go 65", but don't know which version to go for. The A16 @ £1250, or the B16 at £1500, or maybe last year's model?

Will I notice much different watching stuff like Netflix, etc. Not sure what the benefits of the more expensive TV is?

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member

This is a bargain and Richer Sounds should price match too. I paid £1850 about 3 months ago so I wish I didn't look at the black Friday prices. But that's how it goes with TV's. The CX is also an excellent option and I'm pretty sure there will be excellent deals if there's still stock about. C1 is a particularly good choice if you intend on using it for gaming.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
That Samsung one I posted has both I believe?

Yes it does on that size you posted. Not available on 50" for that model (if anyone else was looking at them)

Ultra-smooth 4K gaming, ready for your next-gen console*​

Motion Xcelerator Turbo Plus*
Upgrade your next-gen gaming set-up with immersive, game-changing 4K detail on the big screen. Experience ultra-smooth, lightning quick 4K TV gameplay, with ultra-high 120Hz refresh rates and an ultra-low input lag that’ll bring the best out of your next-gen console*.

*Not available with 50"

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Yes it does on that size you posted. Not available on 50" for that model (if anyone else was looking at them)
Nice one cheers
I'll keep an eye on this model, will probs be looking to buy in January.