ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

205/45/16's on Cup Turinis with rear spacers

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Hi,

Had a search but cannot find the answer to my exact question.

My 172 came with Cup Turinis and 195/45/16's fitted, however the tyres are shite to say the least. I'm looking at replacing them in the new year and im tempted to look at a slightly wider profile with Hankook v12's. However im running 5mm rear spacers at present and my tyres are already really close to the rear arch. I did previously had 15mm rear spacers fitted and they rubbed like mad! I assume with the 205 tyres being 10mm wider plus my 5mm spacers this is in theory the same as running 195 tyres with 15mm spacers and hence ill get major rubbing again?!

So in essence my question is, is my blabber above total horse s**t or am I talking sense and secondly is anyone running Cup Turinis with 5mm rear spacers and 205 tyres?

Dan

306 Rallye
My 172 Cup came with 205's and they didn't catch. Although no spacers tho...quiter close but no probs at all.

ph1 172
Even if they do catch, just remove the spacers as I cannot wait to change back to a 205 from a 195. I feel there is quite abit of difference.

I will go back to running Michelin.