ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

205/45/R16 Tyres on 172FF Rims

My tyres on my 172FF are due for replacement soon and i was wandering if theres any advantage to replacing my standard 195/45R16 tyres with 205/45 R16's ??

I know the 205's would be slightly more expensive but are they worth the money ?

Anyone ???

Breaking A 172 Replica
Slightly more grip.

I think you will be suprised at the price difference. Very little in it at all.

Sam

Breaking A 172 Replica
I have some Toyos for sale if you are interested mate.

They are 205/45/16 and are the better T1-r not the T1-s type.

Looking for 220.

Thanks

Sam

182 inside
tramlining with 205/45/16? So why do they fit that size to the 182 then? Think that's a little wrong. i'm going to 205/45/16 when i wear these hankook tyres out. Michelin Exalto Pe2's mate. that's what you want on there.

VaVa
The 182 has a different suspension set up don't forget......

I had 205's on my 172 for a while, although they were A539's :dead:

182 inside
182 suspension is almost exactly the 172 suspension + or - a few mm.

Koni adjustable suspension kit for the 172 is the same for 182.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Only the non cup 182.

The 182 with the cup suspension runs a totally new setup.
But both use 205/45/R16's

Megane Trophy, Golf
tramlining with 205/45/16? So why do they fit that size to the 182 then? Think that's a little wrong. i'm going to 205/45/16 when i wear these hankook tyres out. Michelin Exalto Pe2's mate. that's what you want on there.

Ive had 205's on the car and gone back to 195's so how can i be wrong? have you tried both size tyres. No i didnt think so. So before you go dissing stuff people tell you make sure you have experience on the subject or else you will look a fool. :)

182 inside
going back to 195's that is your personal choice, I have tried the 205's. borrowed my friends 182 set of track wheels with 205's on them. i think our differences are that yours is the cup with stiffer suspension.

Megane Trophy, Golf
going back to 195's that is your personal choice, I have tried the 205's. borrowed my friends 182 set of track wheels with 205's on them. i think our differences are that yours is the cup with stiffer suspension.

Sound, could be! But you should notice it tramlining a bit more with 205's! ;)

Turbos.
You would get keener turn in, but less feel. Basically it's trading fun for more grip. I preffered mine with the skinnier tyres. They're also much cheaper!