ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

205 Tyres and Lowering Springs.... Issues

Ash J

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1 172
205 Tyres and Lowering Springs on 172 Cup.... Issues?

Hi all

I am looking to replace all the shocks on my 172 Cup soon, and also fit a set of Cooksport or Eibach Sportline springs (leaning more towards the Eibachs).

I know the standard tyres for Turini's on the Cup is 195/45/16, and this doesn't cause any issues (scrubbing etc) when running either of the above lowering springs.

However, the particular set of tyres I want to purchase soon are Yokohama AD08Rs and the nearest size to original is 205/45/16.

I have read that 205 tyres fit Turini wheels just fine.

My question is, will I have any issues running these tyres with either Cooksport or Eibach lowering springs, such as scrubbing etc? Bearing in mind I do like to drive my cars pretty hard, and whilst I like my car to look aesthetically pleasing having it lowered slightly, function will always come first for me before style.

Cheers for any help.

Last edited:
I had 205 and eibach's with no issues on my 182.

Many 182's are also running 16" 205's and cooksports also with no issues.

I would imagine it should be fine.

Ash J

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1 172
Yeah I guess it should be ok considering 182s came with 205s as standard and many people run lowering springs.

Edging more towards Eibach Sportlines as it appears the Cooksports give more of a drop than the Eibachs, and so they would be more likely to scrub. Read good reviews on both Cooksport and Eibach springs though.

clio 172
Re: 205 Tyres and Lowering Springs on 172 Cup.... Issues?

My 172 ran 205/45 16 on coil overs very low and is fine
For the track I use 888 195/50 16 and they rub slightly under heavy cornering

clio 172
I'm on 205/45/16s not a problem running apax springs 35mm drop on stander shocks it bumps and bags a bit no rubing