ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

205bhp, 182 video

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
Chill out fella sheesh lol

I never said yours was anything other than a 100+ terminal car ..it's the fastest cup around no doubt..no get down to pod this summer!;) :rasp:

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172
What id like to know is - Where did you go to get it rolling roaded to tell you it has 205bhp??

Neil, your all talk.

You would not hit sub 14 secs at santapod!

You've clung onto this 14.18 (So 14.2 in my books) for over a year now! Im sure you've tried and tried to beat it again over the last year but no luck!

Pod dont have a downhill section, nor does it have a hurricane of a tail wind and dodgy timing gear!

Stop playing silly girls at crail and come down to pod for a weekend! Crail is a mickey mouse strip. it is not taken serious by anyone that has an interest in drag racing! I guarantee you will not walk away with a sub 14sec run!

Your 14.2 @ crail is easily a 14.5 @ pod!

Keep dreaming on neil!

Last edited:
Chris, reference your video......

Pretty quick but i think the car suffers by revving out to 8000rpm! Im sure you'd gain time by shifting earlier! Its really struggling to make 100 where if you changed into 4th im sure 100 would come up sooner!

I dont think it suffers in the change from 2nd-3rd but i do think it suffers at the tail end of 3rd. 90-100 takes a day and age!

Just my observation!

yeah, agree with Neil on that one, it deffo wants to be changed earlier, but then the engine will still be tight at higher revs if it's anything like mine... which is still loosening up at 28k.

neil, can you get some speedo vids up, never seen one of your motor pal.

Mitchy said:
Neil, your all talk.

You've clung onto this 14.18 (So 14.2 in my books) for over a year now! Im sure you've tried and tried to beat it again over the last year but no luck!

Pod dont have a downhill section, nor does it have a hurricane of a tail wind and dodgy timing gear!

Stop playing silly girls at crail and come down to pod for a weekend! Crail is a mickey mouse strip. it is not taken serious by anyone that has an interest in drag racing! I guarantee you will not walk away with a sub 14sec run!

Keep dreaming on neil!

Thank f**k for that. Confirms what I thought.

TheJesus said:
yeah, agree with Neil on that one, it deffo wants to be changed earlier, but then the engine will still be tight at higher revs if it's anything like mine... which is still loosening up at 28k.

neil, can you get some speedo vids up, never seen one of your motor pal.

Agree with neil, come on jesus;)

Agree with the mitchmeister:D

long time no see mate, you kinda disappeared for a bit after your 1/4 mile thread from POD :S

oh, how do you think I did against a mates Ibizia turbo (newish one, 2002 model) with 238bhp ATF? How quick should these be?

Mark, neil always does this when another quick clio comes aboard!

Its like you are trying to steal his limelight!

Nothing is as quick as neils cup! Well in his eyes!

Nippy white cup
I agree with the gear change thing...although when it was running right it honestly didn`t slow untill 5th at 125mph...plus I was approaching a bend and didn`t want to take my hand of the wheel to change gear lol...Ill see what the RR comes up with and do another vid after I get it right (hopefully!)....With regards to the time differences I know quite a few people who got times similar or slower at York than the pod...the problem with the pod is if the track isn`t just right then you end up spinning halfway up the track which is probably why sometimes you get a slower time at the pod than else where imo of course

Chris

Managed to get down to a 13.92 with 103mph terminal jesus but still off my goal of 13.5 @ 105! When i reach that i'll give up lol! Managed to get down to a 2.4 60ft aswell which aint bad for a heavy old barge!

Ibiza turbo....Hmm?? I've heard of 250bhp ibizas running sub 14secs at pod but not sure if it were 1 of the old lighter versions! At 238bhp, it sounds like he is maxxing the ko3 turbo out which is not really a good thing! Too much boost, too much timing, too much heat and underperforming car can be an excuse! K03 turbo maxes out around 240bhp so if it performed poorly for a 238bhp car that may be the reason why?

Anyway long time no hear from you jesus. How've you been? You still causing havoc across on williams clio? lol :D

Mitchy said:
Agree with neil, come on jesus;)

Agree with the mitchmeister:D

lol, this is in reference to Chris' video, he sent me it last night and it looks rapid until right in the last couple of hundred revs... although, looking on his older speedo vids it pulls stronger there and all the way to 8k! :eek:

never been to crail, only seen the vids of Neil wasting various and numerous cars, it's deffo one of the quickest Cups in this club, no doubt, but I'd like to see it run at York or Pod... prolly York, as tbh I dont trust the timing gear at POD 100%, have seen some very dodgy one off times there... and it's not isolated instances either... maybe a 13.9, who knows, but it wont beat the nana on the road imo, no way. that and 2 lives (pre explosion!) cant be compared against in 5th, short gearing, cams and hitting the limiter in 5th in little over 30 seconds is not something I think any MK2 can do (fuel to fire ;))

Mitchy said:
Mark, neil always does this when another quick clio comes aboard!

Its like you are trying to steal his limelight!

Nothing is as quick as neils cup! Well in his eyes!

No worries mitch. I have seen posts up before by Neil and others about his car and how it somehow can defy the laws of physics.

I had never seen any proof though other then this single 1/4mile run time which you confirmed was at crail.

Mitchy said:
Managed to get down to a 13.92 with 103mph terminal jesus but still off my goal of 13.5 @ 105! When i reach that i'll give up lol! Managed to get down to a 2.4 60ft aswell which aint bad for a heavy old barge!

Ibiza turbo....Hmm?? I've heard of 250bhp ibizas running sub 14secs at pod but not sure if it were 1 of the old lighter versions! At 238bhp, it sounds like he is maxxing the ko3 turbo out which is not really a good thing! Too much boost, too much timing, too much heat and underperforming car can be an excuse! K03 turbo maxes out around 240bhp so if it performed poorly for a 238bhp car that may be the reason why?

Anyway long time no hear from you jesus. How've you been? You still causing havoc across on williams clio? lol :D

nice mate, from all the times I have seen the Leon's getting them off the line quick is next to imopssible, but that 60ft's impressive for a FWD anyway!

Ibizia has had loads of things done to it, but me mate said the next stage was IHI, but that was well expensive, so he's tuned it as far as the IC and turbo will go, Awesome GTI did the RR and map the other week, but we went for a play and it was pretty even. from standing it was level through 1st and 2nd, 3rd he pulls a car, then stays same until 4th, where he was constantly pulling inches and was 2 cars ahead by the time I needed 5th... into 5th and he was gone :eek:... I know it sounds like a lame excuse, but my rear callipers are actually locked half on at the moment and it just spins in 1st, so launching was very difficult, but we're having a rematch next Thursday so I'll get some vids up :D. I was on std limiter by the way, no chip in for the runs... might be on 7k limit for next time though lol :approve:

i have seen vids of neils car, external ones and speak to him on MSN and I do seriously think its one of the quickest cars here on std inlet. you can tell it moves the way he's battered Impreza's and the like. His brother also admits that from rolling starts he's level pegging his P1 Impreza until 80-90... not shy in other words! lol

would deffo like to see a speedo vid tho Neil if you can sort one out!

Not denying he has a quick cup jesus! It must be to get a 14.2 but would like him to try santapod or even york! Ive read too many stories regarding the strip at crail that i think anything achieved there is worthless!

There was no need for neil to hijack this thread, this was about a 205bhp clio 182, not about his car!

Ref ibiza.......You'll not get near him IHI. Those IHI ibizas are extremely quick. Ive read lots of threads about them with porsches/ferraris/TVR's etc but good going anyway as 240bhp through fwd is not to be sniffed at!!

Last edited:

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Very interesting read. Re-affirms my belief that there is absolutely no point trying to extract more power out of my 182.

Thousands of money spent = a not overly impressive increase to 205bhp

Note 1 to Dave: when i want something quicker, buy something faster (like another M3) & revel in the awesome handling of the clio until that point :D

this is why the F7R is a better engine, you can actually tune them. 172 & 182's come with 260 duration cams as std iirc, which most of us Williams boys have thrown in as aftermarket cams! so really we are only pushing ours to the same spec, yet they seem and indeed do perform better. put wilder cams on a 1*2 and then you have the problem with it behaving like a valver and being peaky, so to get so much low down grunt from the F4 is impressive to me, as I dont really rate the engine all that much, it's years ahead, yet light years behind at the same time. 205bhp is a good gain, but remember these engines rarely make quoted power, unless you have an enthusiastic RR operator. the real problem is their weight, these new Clio's deffo need to go on a diet!

Mitchy, thankfully he aint putting IHI on it, as that's an easy 330+bhp car then... more most likely! still, for his running 238bhp and me having decat and brake problems I was well chuffed, I think from launch I'd have pulled a few cars by the end of 4th, only for him to batter me in 5th again... I couln't believe how fast it was, it was basically no different to his or my 4th gear... unreal

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Mitchy said:
Neil, your all talk.

Keep dreaming on neil!

LOL...Ur a prat, Have you seen Crail!!!! It's more uphill that level! And bein bang on the east coast Always and i mean always has a Headwind! I've seen Neils's Cup and it's unreal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've got a vid of mine from 50-90 and then neils! Makes mine look like a 1.2

14.18s is very believeable considering that car ran 181 almost std! With the mods he had planned, i'd be shocked if he didn't run 13.5's?

Shame he's ugly! lol ;)

Ali

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Mark M on the video 30-110 was 18 secs - is that not slow....

Will Try this 30 to limiter in 4th (110), im sure the cup quicker than that.

BTW i have 205/45 tyres on so unless the 172 speedo is calibrated different then is should be a fare comparison.

EVOgone said:
Mark M on the video 30-110 was 18 secs - is that not slow....

Will Try this 30 to limiter in 4th (110), im sure the cup quicker than that.

BTW i have 205/45 tyres on so unless the 172 speedo is calibrated different then is should be a fare comparison.

The debate continues,lol.

Its 30 to 90 in third that you should try.

30-110 in 18secs is slow? I dont know compared to what? Have you got some comparison times with other cars between those speeds?

As I said before the third gear test with no gear changes and useing upto 7000rpm seems far. I just floored it as well which may not be the best method from low revs?

I invite some comparisons if people record speedo vids on standard cars it will be interesting for me to see the difference. I reckon my car has much better mid range compared to standard but maybe I am wrong. I dont know until people come up with some vids to compare.

I have checked the 20mph increment times 30-50 and 50-70 etc. in 3rd gear recorded for golf gti meg 225 and astra vxr in EVO magazine a few editions ago.

You would expect turbo cars to be faster at these speeds but I found my times very similar if not a little faster.

Its not an exact science I know but based on this I would say my car is certainly not slow.

Nippy white cup
I would say yours would beat a GTi m8. I had a load of goes with my m8...we did a 50+ in 3rd and I was surprised that I was pulling ever so slightly...I expected his turbo to batter me but mine is pretty torquey (never been there! lol) at 160ft/lb at last go

Chris

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Will try 2nd gear 30mph to 7k in 4th (110mph)...18secs as per vid.

Will post tomorrow.

EVOgone said:
Will try 2nd gear 30mph to 7k in 4th (110mph)...18secs as per vid.

Will post tomorrow.

I make it 16 seconds!

I am at gdi on Friday for a remap. Then I will spend all weekend recording 30-110 runs;)

I think with a few attempts I can do a 15 second run. Will post up after its been mapped at the weekend.

I will guarantee 2 seconds faster then any time you record.

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
I have to say I have never thought any of the 200+ bhp on stnd t/b mk2s on here have been as quick as you'd think...whether this due to the extra weight the mk2 carries or something else i don't know...

Mitchy said:
Neil, your all talk.

Keep dreaming on neil!

What a surprise the keyboard warrior is lurking about again... I would run the same times at Santa Pod maybe quicker on a hot day as its a better surface. Also I've only ever ran my car 3/4 times at Crail and haven't done in for AGES and since ive added Maxogen. Now go back and crawl under the Internet rock you hide under you co..!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mitchy said:

13.92@103 with 330 hp (using NOS) isn't it Mitchy? Please go on and tell everyone how much HP/Torque you have, PATHETIC time for power. :)

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
LOL ^^^

Mark M - I timed your 30-90 in 3rd video at around 10.4s - would you agree with that?

Counting in my head this lunch time I think my standard-ish (no back seats, R-sport ECU, ITG panel, 53k miles) 172 Cup pretty much matched that.

Will see if I can get some footage of it to run direct comparisons, but from what I saw when I looked at your video the first time...I did think where had all the extra bhp gone as it didn't seem that quick. But then it does seem that I got a good one straight from the factory :)

Mental note: must get to a strip sometime this year...

MarkCup said:
LOL ^^^

Mark M - I timed your 30-90 in 3rd video at around 10.4s - would you agree with that?

Counting in my head this lunch time I think my standard-ish (no back seats, R-sport ECU, ITG panel, 53k miles) 172 Cup pretty much matched that.

Will see if I can get some footage of it to run direct comparisons, but from what I saw when I looked at your video the first time...I did think where had all the extra bhp gone as it didn't seem that quick. But then it does seem that I got a good one straight from the factory :)

Mental note: must get to a strip sometime this year...

The cup owners are starting to line up!lol. why no standard 172/182 owners? Must be that owning a cup requires a certain type of person;)

MarkCup your car is probably getting on for 100kg lighter then mine? You would need a 14stone passenger to even it up a bit!

I am having my car remapped Friday and I will rerun the tests. To all the cup drivers get your vids up i havent seen any yet!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I posted a vid of mine. Much slower than ur's tho! For sum reason ur's won't play fast on putfile tho!!

Neil, unfortunately you are not grasping big fwd power with traction!

1/4 mile strips are not suited for big power fwd. Half mile/km duals or airfield days with 1.25mile runways are much better suited and its where it sorts the men from the boys!:approve:

My car does not have 330bhp on the strip. It has ''265bhp''

Because of traction nitrous is not available until 3rd gear and ive told you before about nitrous use! By the time i change from 2nd at 6700 rpm the revs are at 5000rpm in 3rd gear! By the time nitrous is activated on a controller with a delay im reaching for the next gear! Progressive nitrous systems are rubbish for high power fwd in drag racing events!

Torque is exactly the same, im probably only making 20-30lbft injecting at 5000+rpm. If i were to inject at 2700rpm the car would make over 420lbft in torque and the front wheels would probably light up!

Basically that means my nitrous use is very limited and not used until the last 1/8 mile of the strip! 3rd and 4th gear use only. 70-100ish under nitrous use. (THATS ALL)

Catch me on the road using 4th 5th 6th gear nitrous then you'll see what 330bhp fwd power is like! unfortunately piddly 1/4 mile strips and i cannot exploit this!

Still i'd love to see your car at santapod instead of mickey mouse crail! :rasp:

This thread is not about my car neil nor is it about your car! its a video of a tuned 182! Leave it at that! No-one wants to hear about your tin shed or my oil tanker so lets leave it at that!

Last edited:
Mitchy said:
Neil, unfortunately you are not grasping big fwd power with traction!

1/4 mile strips are not suited for big power fwd. Half mile/km duals or airfield days with 1.25mile runways are much better suited and its where it sorts the men from the boys!:approve:

My car does not have 330bhp on the strip. It has ''265bhp''

Because of traction nitrous is not available until 3rd gear and ive told you before about nitrous use! By the time i change from 2nd at 6700 rpm the revs are at 5000rpm in 3rd gear! By the time nitrous is activated on a controller with a delay im reaching for the next gear! Progressive nitrous systems are rubbish for high power fwd in drag racing events!

Torque is exactly the same, im probably only making 20-30lbft injecting at 5000+rpm. If i were to inject at 2700rpm the car would make over 420lbft in torque and the front wheels would probably light up!

Basically that means my nitrous use is very limited and not used until the last 1/8 mile of the strip! 3rd and 4th gear use only. 70-100ish under nitrous use. (THATS ALL)

Catch me on the road using 4th 5th 6th gear nitrous then you'll see what 330bhp fwd power is like! unfortunately piddly 1/4 mile strips and i cannot exploit this!

Still i'd love to see your car at santapod instead of mickey mouse crail! :rasp:

This thread is not about my car neil nor is it about your car! its a video of a tuned 182! Leave it at that! No-one wants to hear about your tin shed or my oil tanker so lets leave it at that!

You say catch me on road using 4th, 5th, 6th... I admit it will pull away at those speeds but id love to meet you down a back road. You would be in the nearest field within 5 corners. Anyway back on topic.