ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

206 180 vs Cup

RenaultSport clio 182 mk2
I had a race with a 206 180 in my clio 182 and dicked him there s**t slow think i was 3 up as well :D

Ziel Nurburgring
The Cup is either on its in lap and cooling the car down or driven by a blind vicar. I dont think ive ever seen one driven so badly

gr8 every 206 owner is gunna think they can take cup , id say itll strugle with a full fat .............:( lol

Ziel Nurburgring
Not such a bad thing Kully, just think of the smile on the GTI owners when they turn up at a trackday and get soundly dry humped everytime by the slower cup. Unless that blind, epileptic, one armed, vegetarian from above is driving.

blink172 said:
Not such a bad thing Kully, just think of the smile on the GTI owners when they turn up at a trackday and get soundly dry humped everytime by the slower cup. Unless that blind, epileptic, one armed, vegetarian from above is driving.

u av a point :cool: will b interesting :star:

Jaffa182 said:
I had a race with a 206 180 in my clio 182 and dicked him there sh*t slow think i was 3 up as well :D

There will be very little if anything in it between a 180 and a 182, if you were 3 up and he was trying he'd have ripped you.

Renault Clio 172 Ph2
its off a peugeot website that vid. great. there is squealing from the 206, no roll from the 172 (which they do roll a fair bit)

think its a muppet drive. the pegueot wouldnt ever keep up with two good drivers.

Last edited:
  182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Neil82cup said:
There will be very little if anything in it between a 180 and a 182, if you were 3 up and he was trying he'd have ripped you.

Erm....what?!! I had a 206 180 for 2 weeks before i got my 182 and it doesn't live with it at all,my mate has one aswell and we've had numerous drives now i have my 182,doesn't live with me in corners,and i pull 1-2 car lengths on acceleration between 30-60 etc.
A 180 will never rip a 182 full stop!!!

172 Cup
What a gay thread, it's completely obvious that the guy in the Cup is either taking it steady, or is a complete n00b.

Megane 225 Cup
Maybe he is new to track days or something, he clearly doesnt have a clue about driving, and after all the cars performace is like all down to the driver..

A4 Avant
I think theres some harsh comments about the clio! It could have been their first time out on a track! I'm sure everyone would rather them take it steady and drive within their limits, rather than going off at every corner and stopping the session!

I've never taken my car out on track, but when I do I'll be driving at my pace and if somone with more experience in a lesser car overtakes me then thats great for them!

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172
No i cant say id agree taking to account that BOTH cars were being driven so badly especially the cup but whats up with both their cornering, obviously have not got a clue on track racing!

Cam

182 Cup
Even if it was his first day he should know about racing lines. I've never drivin on a track day so my first time may be slow but i will be taking the racing line.

J

JACKO CUP 172!

i had a little play with a pug 180 and he was going 4 it. it was on a staight bit of road and was sat behind him blippin the throttle.(stupid speeds) could not get past coz of traffic coming the oppisite way.

Dubai182 said:
Erm....what?!! I had a 206 180 for 2 weeks before i got my 182 and it doesn't live with it at all,my mate has one aswell and we've had numerous drives now i have my 182,doesn't live with me in corners,and i pull 1-2 car lengths on acceleration between 30-60 etc.
A 180 will never rip a 182 full stop!!!

Not my experience of them, a 180 with a decent driver will be all over a 182/172/Cup/CTR.

cupctr180.jpg

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Neil82cup said:
Not my experience of them, a 180 with a decent driver will be all over a 182/172/Cup/CTR.

cupctr180.jpg

Can't agree with you,the 180 lacks the punch of the 182 and 9/10 i'll accelerate quicker than him in any gear. Yes a good driver good hang on by its coat tails but i've found that the 182 is better in every department.

Turbos.
Nige182 said:
I think theres some harsh comments about the clio! It could have been their first time out on a track! I'm sure everyone would rather them take it steady and drive within their limits, rather than going off at every corner and stopping the session!

I've never taken my car out on track, but when I do I'll be driving at my pace and if somone with more experience in a lesser car overtakes me then thats great for them!

He was almost blocking the Pug driver, there is no excuse for that IMO. He wasn't taken it steady either, you could see the understeer and even tyre smoke at some point! A prime example of why your first modification for trackdays should be yourself...

Clio 172mk2
the clio driver was crap , could have braked alot harder for the corners , and prolly took em faster