ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

206 - tw*tted!

206 GTi (no, not the 180) off a big roundabout on the A217 (near kingswood) rolling start in second - I held back just a little to see if hed bite and he did, I floored it and he gave chase. Could he catch me? No he couldnt. Was I pulling away? Yes I was. Touching a shade under a ton when we got to the speed camera near the Burgh Heath Shell garage (mucho braking ensues, with a drop to 3rd)

Mwahaha! That, my peugeot driving chum is what a fast french car is all about! Not bad for a 10 year old motor, eh!

All together now:
"Dun Dun Dun, Another one bites the dust!"

LOL bless, bet it was one of those brake for dear life put your feet through the bulkhead and get the back wheels off the ground efforts at the speed camera

It wasnt too bad because I know that road very well, came a bit close tho! :D
Think I need to upgrade my brakes - maybe some soft compound pads and some grooved or drilled disks or summin...

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

But the normal 206 GTi is a bit limp anyway...

I was not impressed when I drove one.

Not all cameras are placed at accident black spots.

Most are placed on straight open roads, where the coppers know they will get maximun revenue.

Speed cameras can only be placed in a spot for a reason, they cant be put anywhere, so its usually a blackspot.

Alfa Mito 155TB

If cameras are only placed in accident black spots then please explain why the A1 thru Northumberland to Edinburgh has cameras every 2 miles?

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

had to do the same tonight seeing off a punto gt, Iknew the camera was there only trouble is I didnt realise they had also dropped the speed limit from 50 to 40 so went through a bit quick.......didnt see a flash though.......so touch wood en all that

ps. camaras r not always placed in blackspots they r also placed were they will make the most money.........so they can buy more bloody cameras!

silver valver/hybrid

i remember there was an interview with a top copper once, and he was spouting off about cameras being placed only in accident black spots but he came unstuck when the interviewer asked him about a new duel carriageway that was having cameras installed even though it hadnt been opened yet!! lol!

yeh the a1s full of them from berwick to edinburgh but i was followin a audi a4 and the driver knew which were dummies and sped past so i just followed him!

no way are they put in black spots!!

theyve put up six (3 sets) near me lately and none of them anywhere in my 21 yrs of living here has ever had an accident where they are! but they are, just after corners on dual carriage ways.. perfect for revenue getting!!

Autocar managed to get an astonishing set of performance figures out of their 206 GTi (their 1991 Valver stats were a smidge better all round):

0-60 in 7.8 secs

0-100 in 21.6 secs

30-70 in 7.2 secs

and top whack of 130mph

But the word on the street - and evidence, courtesy of Phil - is that theyre slower than that. Weird eh?:confused: