ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

20mm Hubcentric spacer - what shorter wheel bolt length?

Ph1
Anyone running the bolt to hub type 20mm wheel spacers - Just wondering if anyone had info to the size of bolt to use?

172 Track Car
Hmm, mine pokes out the back of the steel spacer insert but not out of the spacer

How much does it poke out?

Subtract that from the wheel bolt length and order some that size?

Your flamer looks sublime, never a fan of the colour till I say your avatar.

182cup & 172 racecar
I'm lost now.
​Do you mean the studs that keep the spacer to the disc, or the ones to keep the wheel to the spacer?

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member
I'm assuming wheel to spacer, if so are you running non oem wheel bolts? Aftermarket ones seem to be few mm longer from my experience. No issue normally but with spacers could be.

My standard Turinis and 2118's had less than 20mm exposed thread going into hub so there's no reason the bolts should be bottoming out against the hub when bolting wheels on unless theres something else wrong or the wheel bolts are bit longer.

​assuming you mean wheel to spacer bolts.

Ph1
The kit i have (h&r) you bolt the spacer to the hub and bolt the wheel to the spacer.
The problem is when bolting the wheel to the spacer, the bolts are too long so hit against the hub.
Needs shorter bolts by roughly 2mm. The bolts i'm using are OE ones.

I'll just get some shorter bolts but thought with spacers being popular folk might have known what size wheel bolts to use :)

182cup & 172 racecar
The kit i have (h&r) you bolt the spacer to the hub and bolt the wheel to the spacer.
The problem is when bolting the wheel to the spacer, the bolts are too long so hit against the hub.
Needs shorter bolts by roughly 2mm. The bolts i'm using are OE ones.

I'll just get some shorter bolts but thought with spacers being popular folk might have known what size wheel bolts to use :)

​This explains it so much better..