ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2118's

172 RaceCar, VW-T5
I actually contacted speedline today regarding a set of new 2118's.

With cs discount they came in at £125.80 each, so on that basis I think £500 is fairly steep.

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Or brand spankers for the same price? I'd rather get them from Speedline TBF.

Get some different wheels other than 2118s and turinis < nearly every clio on here has them:p

But as above just get new from speedline

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
There is a reason for that Martin.

2118's are utterly sexual.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I sold mine not long back for £550 with hankook v12s all round with about 2000 miles on them.

Lionel Richie
1.2's and 172's do, cup racers ran the ET38 2118 to replace the OZ F1's they originally used (bendy bendy wheels)

Lionel Richie
172 cup = ET38.5 off the top of my head

182's scrub with that offset though hence the ET43 option (palmersport wheels)

330Ci cab
Get some different wheels other than 2118s and turinis < nearly every clio on here has them:p

But as above just get new from speedline

There is a reason for that Martin.

2118's are utterly sexual.

fact. plus today i have looked at other wheels, covering many manufacturers, and imo there are only a select few that suit. i really would like ultraleggeras, but im not paying that price £909 just for wheels. i dont want to be a sheep either and go pauper 15" spec when i would really prefer 16 or 17"s. but i do see advantages of 15's, so it may be a reality

I sold mine not long back for £550 with hankook v12s all round with about 2000 miles on them.
damnit! ah well.

Carbonraider

ClioSport Club Member
  Raider, 172, the van
I believe European cup racers ran 48.5 these are also Identified as have speed line course stamped into the wheel rather than stickers..

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
LOL @ 15" Pauper spec.

i can't afford bigger so I went for 15", comical!!

330Ci cab
LOL @ 15" Pauper spec.

i can't afford bigger so I went for 15", comical!!

did you skip reading at school? i said "i dont want to be a sheep either" and i dont want to pay 909 for ultra's and they dont look right. not a case of can't afford, 'tard

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
'Tard, yes clever arnt you.
'tard, looking in a mirror when you wrote that, child!?

I didn't skip reading, ive actually quoted what you wrote, or did you forget you wrote that comment.
i agree not copying or being a sheep if its not what you want to do, but it doesn't mean it's a pauper spec.

as said, child!
somebody's tired, best get some sleep, you've got school in the morning!

330Ci cab
'Tard, yes clever arnt you.
'tard, looking in a mirror when you wrote that, child!?

I didn't skip reading, ive actually quoted what you wrote, or did you forget you wrote that comment.
i agree no copying of being a sheep if its not what you want to do, but it doesn't mean it's a pauper spec.

as said, child!
somebody's tired, best get some sleep, you've got school in the morning!

at what point did i state i cant afford bigger? i said in not so many words that i'd begrudge paying £909 for wheels that may not look 'right', or did you skip over that bit?

people like you make me lol. a lot. im no child either, kiddo

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
I didn't say you couldn't afford bigger, where have I stated that as a comment at you?
your comment about them being pauper spec tickled me, so i referred the comment to myself as my clio is on 15" wheels, so if they are pauper spec i obviously couldn't afford bigger going by your other reference to 16" & 17" wheels.

Kiddo indeed, I must be, but if my true age reflects me as a kiddo then you must still be in nursery.
never mind, mummy will tidy your nappy later!

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
at what point did i state i cant afford bigger? i said in not so many words that i'd begrudge paying £909 for wheels that may not look 'right', or did you skip over that bit?

people like you make me lol. a lot. im no child either, kiddo

I didn't say you couldn't afford bigger, where have I stated that as a comment at you?
your comment about them being pauper spec tickled me, so i referred the comment to myself as my clio is on 15" wheels, so if they are pauper spec i obviously couldn't afford bigger going by your other reference to 16" & 17" wheels.

Kiddo indeed, I must be, but if my true age reflects me as a kiddo then you must still be in nursery.

DFLBpdI.gif

Last edited:
  330Ci cab

i was pointing out there's a few that have 15"s.
i apologise if i misinterpreted what you wrote, im not here for slanging and keyboard bashing, just a bit of advice and help now and again.

i need to do a bit more pricing and shopping about, as it seems the original question is answered, they aint the right price considering price direct from the manufacturer is almost identical.

thanks for your input!

330Ci cab
^^ haha!! heez, thats shite! but thanks for your reply earlier, ive e-mailed them so see what they say tomorrow. could do with pics of standard(ish) heights with 15"s to make my mind up

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Massive arch gap bro. Need at least Cooksport springs.