ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

220 trophy induction kit

Clio 220 trophy
I recently purchased the scorpion cat back exhaust system from ktec racing, hoping to get it fitted in the next few weeks, but I'm also planning to get an induction kit as well. My question is, is it worth it, and if I got the induction kit will I need a remap or will the car run fine without it. All I can seem to find regarding re maps on ktecs site is one for the 200 model, do they offer one for the 220? I live in greater manchester and don't really know of anywhere nearby that I can take the car for a re map, so I'm hoping that fitting an induction kit and leaving the map as it is will be fine?

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
You need it mapped to see it's worth otherwise it's wasted.

If you're in Manchester then RS tuning in Leeds is a no brainer.

I immediately sold the itg I tried on mine as it sounded s**t fyi.

Depends on your age I guess but I was embarrassed! 😂

Clio 220 trophy
I figured as much, although I was hoping to avoid it, how much does a remap cost roughly? Can you elaborate on how bad it sounded 😂 I'm 37 but I feel 18 haha

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
So I was 39 when it went on and it lasted 2 roads. 😂

Remaps around £400?

To be honest you should forget the itg and the exhaust and just do the map, there's nothing you could do that would be more value for money than that.

Clio 220 trophy
Well the exhuast is to replace the damaged standard one (non akrapovic), the bloody speed humps near where I live are rediculously high and they hit every time the car goes over the centre of them, so now I go over half and half. But tbh I've never been happy with the sound the car makes from the front or the rear, so that was the main reason for the mods, the exhaust should improve the rear and I wanted the induction kit to improve the front. The KTR one was the one I was looking to buy, you may have put me off a little bit but I'm not sure if I might enjoy it sounding more fruity after years of bland engine noise. I suppose I can remove it if I find it awful like you did, 2 roads was a fast decision though 🤣

So yeah I'm not too bothered about the performance increasing aspect of the exhaust and KTR kit for now as I'm genuinely happy with how the car pulls as it is, but I didn't want to add these parts and lose performance due to them. I was hoping I could add them purely for the sound for now and get a remap later down the line, although to me 400ish isn't a bad price for a remap tbh. I just don't like messing with airflow and stuff and risk causing issues without checking with someone who knows what they're talking about first.

2014 Clio 200t edc
@Dameo220 fwiw I fitted an open cone on and like the poster above, removed it after about 5 miles. It was fun for about a minute but the induction noise was so loud and it was embarrassing! I’ve had my exhaust modded by D7R fabrication in Telford who are amazing and that is all for now. To be honest if your exhaust has been damaged by speed bumps, then surely your new one will be too? Depending on where you are I’d of looked into a ghost mod or res delete instead of a whole exhaust, as that is what I did and I’m over the moon with it. Cheaper than a whole exhaust too!
I want a remap next but my insurance won’t allow me to, so I’ll change insurers before I do that, and it’s not a priority for me right now.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
I don't find my ITG that noisy at all? In fact, I was quite disappointed with it when I first fitted it. Main difference is you can hear the standard recirc valve when you let off the throttle

Clio 220 trophy
Yeah the new exhuast may suffer the same fate if I randomly forget to avoid going over the middle of the humps, or my mrs drives it, but if that happens I can fix it easily enough, been a fabricator for over 20 years so welding a split is no issue, I don't want to fix the one that's on because I genuinely hate how it sounds so don't want to spend the effort on it. I almost bought the res delete option but I read somewhere that it can cause flat spots, maybe it was nonsense but it put me off and I just figured I'd get a new system and see how it works. I also do plan to get a re map now, after watching some youtube videos it defo seems like something I want, just not urgently, I also don't know what risks to the engine and other parts there are from a remap which is why in my original post I was trying to avoid having to do one, since I'm just after sound improvement for now I'm putting the remap to a later date.

Clio 220 trophy
I don't find my ITG that noisy at all? In fact, I was quite disappointed with it when I first fitted it. Main difference is you can hear the standard recirc valve when you let off the throttle
I'll let you know what I think if I do fit one, hopefully I don't think its too loud and embarrassing, but we will see 😂

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
I fitted an ITG about a month ago and I love it, however with the car yet to be mapped it's just noise really at the moment. I'm still toying about whether to go exhaust then map, or just go straight to mapping as I really can't decide on exhaust options.

Clio 220 trophy
Maybe an age thing for me but I hate the noise induction kits make on modern turbo cars!
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you can buy a diverter valve for around £110 to reduce the effect of the new air filter if you don't like the noise initially, I think I saw it from one of the youtube videos from 'version one'. I may have misunderstood what that valve does though as I was watching while trying to occupy my 18 month old.

Clio 220 trophy
I fitted an ITG about a month ago and I love it, however with the car yet to be mapped it's just noise really at the moment. I'm still toying about whether to go exhaust then map, or just go straight to mapping as I really can't decide on exhaust options.
Im hoping to get my scorpion exhuast fitted this week, I've just had a surgery that means I can't do it myself this time but if it would help you decide I can post a video of the car once it's fitted? I plan to get a remap probably in the next few months but I'm struggling to find a descent insurance price. I just renewed and with the exhuast and air filter mods the price goes up by over £300. I dread to think how much it will cost after the remap!

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
I'm sure I've read a couple of times that the Scorpion system is fairly quiet at first, just FYI. Apparently it needs a good 1000miles of use to allow carbon buildup and the true noise to come through.

I could also be talking absolute b****cks.

Clio 220 trophy
I'm sure I've read a couple of times that the Scorpion system is fairly quiet at first, just FYI. Apparently it needs a good 1000miles of use to allow carbon buildup and the true noise to come through.

I could also be talking absolute b****cks.
Tbh the volume isn't what I'm after, more the tone of the car, as it is it's a little dull. Wish the guy who originally spec'd the car had gone with the akropvic as they sound pretty good. But the fact I've damaged the one that's on it I figured I may as well upgrade and try it out.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Akropovic exhausts are underwhelming on sound imo. After straight piping one of the boxes on the 200, in Sport mode it crackled nicely on overun and popped on the gear changes. Akra tips for the look, and that's it.

I think I have an Inoxline system with sports cat at a slightly bigger diameter than OE, it sounds lovely on idle with a nice burble and again in Sports Mode it pops like DSG when going through the gears.

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

ClioSport Trader
  Renault 5
@Dameo220 fwiw I fitted an open cone on and like the poster above, removed it after about 5 miles. It was fun for about a minute but the induction noise was so loud and it was embarrassing! I’ve had my exhaust modded by D7R fabrication in Telford who are amazing and that is all for now. To be honest if your exhaust has been damaged by speed bumps, then surely your new one will be too? Depending on where you are I’d of looked into a ghost mod or res delete instead of a whole exhaust, as that is what I did and I’m over the moon with it. Cheaper than a whole exhaust too!
I want a remap next but my insurance won’t allow me to, so I’ll change insurers before I do that, and it’s not a priority for me right now.
Hi.
If you need any help with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.

2014 Clio 200t edc
Hi.
If you need any help with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.
Thank you, I’ll definately bear you in mind. I’ve not long renewed my insurance to be honest as I couldn’t be doing with the hassle of calling insurers but if I choose to remap I might have to!

Clio 220 trophy
So the local garage want £150 to fit the exhuast and can't do it until the 16th at the earliest. Seems to be a bit expensive, but I dunno, I'm considering just fitting it myself when I'm healed from my eye surgery, but I should be able to fit the induction kit if it gets delivered mid week as promised. Hopefully I will enjoy how it sounds and not hate it with every acceleration

Clio 220 trophy
I've had the ITG kit fitted for a while now and surprisingly I do like the sound it produces, I thought it might get annoying hearing the wooshing sound every time I lift off the throttle but so far I've been ok with it I do have a quick question tho, should I have oiled it when I fitted it? It's only recently I saw a video that mentioned using a spray oil on filters but not sure about the ITG needing it?

As for the exhuast, it still isn't fitted yet, family issues have set me back with that, but I'm hoping to get it done soon so I can let you guys know how it sounds, I'll post a before and after video too.