ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

24/27” Gaming Monitor. Who’s got which...

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Curious as maybe looking to change mine. Only play FPS games so high refresh rate etc. Can see me getting a ps5 but not anytime soon.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Out of the millions to pick from, what made you choose that one mate?

move only ever had budget monitors. Seem fine. Anyone gone from one to say the one linked and noticed a nice upgrade?..

the benq I have had served me well, nothing wrong with it.

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
Ive got this as my Main FPS monitor

Quality is brilliant but i was coming from playing on TV's and projectors etc so was a huge jump for me, still play with mates who are on TVs etc and ill be calling stuff out to them in the distance they cant even remotely see on TVs etc

what Monitor do you currently use?

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member
Out of the millions to pick from, what made you choose that one mate?

move only ever had budget monitors. Seem fine. Anyone gone from one to say the one linked and noticed a nice upgrade?..

the benq I have had served me well, nothing wrong with it.

Friend was selling it cheap, cant help with the difference between cheap monitors as I've only ever played on TV's.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Quality is brilliant but i was coming from playing on TV's and projectors etc so was a huge jump for me, still play with mates who are on TVs etc and ill be calling stuff out to them in the distance they cant even remotely see on TVs etc

I've got the VA27WQ which is the curved version.

Great screen.

I went from a Samsung 1080P 24" monitor to the Asus 1440P 27" monitor and the 27 is much better.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Curious as maybe looking to change mine. Only play FPS games so high refresh rate etc. Can see me getting a ps5 but not anytime soon.
If your going to use it with PS5 it might be worth looking at screens that can do 4K at a decent refresh rate. Unless Sony enable 1440P.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
True. I don’t really want to spend loads as it’s a Christmas present and we have set a budget lol. Do you prefer 27?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member

Have the Benq rl2455hm.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I have this one past few years. Asus PB277Q 27" 1440p.

I use this for my pc aswell as for my PlayStation as i don't play on a TV. My previuos screen was a 23" Dell nothing special, had that for a lot of years and decided to go for a bigger screen to the 27" It was quit a jump and took a little while to get use to it. I think 27" is a perfect size for gaming.

I've been looking at different brands and there's not much that i like also at the price range. I hope that Sony wil include 1440p on their update if so that'll do me for quit some time, maybe another year or two till upgrade to 4K til more options come out as this one is still mint.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
For gaming it probably doesn't matter too much what type of panel it is. As long as it's a got a good refresh rate, response time and colour rating like DCI-P3 and 10bit colour.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
As you said it’s got 1ms and 144h which is really what you want and I’d like too. It’s got the hdmi and display port. If your looking to keep it for a while it’s still 1080p though, will that do for your needs?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Think so mate, would with the ps4. Future proofing for the ps5 would mean 1440?. But 1440 wouldn’t be great with the PS4?

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
If your future proofing I’d not got for this one. As I said I have a 1440p and yes it’s still 1080p on the PS4 and soon PS5. Hoping for native 1440p on the PS5.

What I’ve noticed which is baffling I watched Broken Machine’s YT channel and he has a 1440p BenQ monitor high refresh rate monitor and he says live on stream he’s playing at 4K even though he’s on 1440p monitor. I’m not sure how’s this works up scaling and all that.

I know the PS5 has a Performance Mode and can’t remember what the other Mode does.Can someone explain what they are and how it works?

If you can’t wait could go for a low to medium spec monitor and use the 1440p if Sony release 1440p or wait till the right monitor comes out with 1ms 144hz, 24” or 27” screen, upgraded with newer version HDMI and DP with 4K.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I'm in your shoes too, I was after a one ideally the exact same spec with all the features but with 4K, higher refresh rate and updated HDMI and DP but nothing I'm after. Just have to bite the bullet and wait.

Just been watching Broken's videos, i believe he has the 1440p as his main screen and a 4K next to that and a 3rd screen going vertical for his chat most likely.

I think this is the one he's using currently as his main screen

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Would love to game on that, must be so much better/easier.

Think I will wait and ask Santa for something else lol

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Also....
On my monitor it has the option

rgb 0-255 and 16-235

I assume using 0-255 and on the PS4 rgb full would be the best set up?. As apposed 16-235 and on the PS4 rgb either limited or automatic.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Also....
On my monitor it has the option

rgb 0-255 and 16-235

I assume using 0-255 and on the PS4 rgb full would be the best set up?. As apposed 16-235 and on the PS4 rgb either limited or automatic.
I’ve never had an RGB or anything, couldn’t tell you what they means or does.

Also I doubt my next screen will have any RGB or lighting, it might distract me it does look nice though. My desk top is right next to my monitor so I’m also not sure whether to get done RGB too.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
The pic quality has always been okay, never wow but then it’s a cheaper tn panel that was made 6 years ago. So after a while trying to mess with the rts/gamer settings I spotted a post from someone who wasn’t a fan of any tn panel and if you have got a Ben q try the standard setting and tweak a couple of bits. In this setting you can adjust a couple of bits more including the gamma.

Anyway. It’s now looking spot on :)

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I've got the previous gen to this one - running at a mere '144hz', lol. https://rog.asus.com/Monitors/27-to-31-5-Inches/ROG-SWIFT-PG279Q-Model/

I could never not have a technology like G-Sync with gaming now. I've been fortunate enough to have had this monitor for over 4 years and I'm still impressed with the smoothness of it.

The only issue I see moving forward is if the latest ATi gfx cards prove to be a worthy alternative to the 30x0 series and render my nVidia-friendly only monitor redundant. I believe that there are dual G-Sync & Freesync monitors out there - but they carry a hefty premium to cover both bases.

Edition 30
23.5" @ 144hz - 1ms (Is a great combo).

Just bought one in the sales, very impressed.

Edition 30
£150 on AO, not bad. I didn't see the reviews on there.

"A little reviewed 144Hz Monitor which has Freesync and is also listed on Nvidias website as being Gsync compatible. It has a 1ms response time when you crank it onto extreme. It was only released the back end of 2019. The colours are good, the angles are good. I have an Acer XF240H, also a TN panel. This has a better colour palette, it looks more like an IPS panel. Gaming is great no display lag, with GSync on it works flawlessly. Some people said it has large bezels, but i'm only using it as a single monitor and it looks nice to me. Its also got a 3 year Lenovo warranty on it. It was a bit of a punt as there are so few reviews of it anywhere, but I was really impressed, especially for the price."

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Just been browsing on the Lenovo and it is a good spec for the price and size, but it's still 1080p though. Long term me personally I'd wait get a 4k with similar spec or if you want something now short term I'd go for it.

Just had a look on Asus, This is something I'd go but this is 43" at 144hz and 1ms with the latest HDMI v2.0 and Display Port 1.4 for future proofing, and hope they do one down the line in a 27" or 28" screen at around £400 area I'd grab one.