ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

255v6/sold what a heap

To be fair i think it was a friday afternoon car.Really disapointed waited 12months for it.Oh well such is life going shopping this weekend what to buy?

E55, KitCar & '85 Quattro

well to be honest there are better cars for the money...evos, scoobys, rs, type rs ect...

but u cant say their bad to us crapper clio owners- we aspire to the v6 owners!!!!!!

-phil-

Quote: Originally posted by S2 PTH on 24 March 2004

well to be honest there are better cars for the money...evos, scoobys, rs, type rs ect...

but u cant say their bad to us crapper clio owners- we aspire to the v6 owners!!!!!!

-phil-

Yes but what car turns the most heads? pluss I wouldnt say a CT-R is up there!

Revels Mum & Sister

Like you said a Friday afternoon car

Doesnt mean all of them are like it.

U should have rejected it and tried another one!

Mk2 Clio V6 / 996 C4S

Ive gone from a 330 BM, and so far even after only covering 300 miles in the V6 Ive had less problems. 330s lighting died almost instantly.

German attention to quality my arse.

You just got a bad one mate, unlucky:(

If it was that bad surely you would reject a car and not sell it - why should you take the loss, assuming you bought it new....?

Corsa 2.0 16v baby

ive heard the handeling aint all that apparently it feels a bit detached from the rest of the car; sorta like theyve only put the big engine in the back for a gimmick or harkin back to the old turbo 2 days. they obviously didnt spend enough on development :( the mk 2 was meant to be better but still not amazing (apart from looks).

erm the mk 2 is supposed to be much much better than the mk1

the bacl of the mk1 was the front subframe from a laguna welded iirc

Revels Mum & Sister

Most write ups Praise the V6

Dont think anyone is able to comment unless they have driven one

Quote: Originally posted by Liquid_ICE on 25 March 2004

agree - nobody should comment on the handling or feel of a car until they have driven it - comment on the looks, yes, but how can you know what a car is like to drive until you have driven it?!?!?!

Corsa 2.0 16v baby

Quote: Originally posted by specialK on 25 March 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Liquid_ICE on 25 March 2004

agree - nobody should comment on the handling or feel of a car until they have driven it - comment on the looks, yes, but how can you know what a car is like to drive until you have driven it?!?!?!

well u can comment if u have like myself had a detailed discussion with an owner who has told u whats wrong with it & why, the bloke i spoke to used to work with renault and had much knowledge and insight into the matter which i am passing on. but agreed in theory dont open your gob less something usefuls gonna come out! ;)

Rubbish. The MK2 has had loads of very good reviews and the handling has been complemented. Clarkson said there is more grip than you could ever need for the road.

Mk2 Clio V6 / 996 C4S

Quote: Originally posted by jabba the slut on 25 March 2004

ive heard the handeling aint all that apparently it feels a bit detached from the rest of the car; sorta like theyve only put the big engine in the back for a gimmick or harkin back to the old turbo 2 days. they obviously didnt spend enough on development :( the mk 2 was meant to be better but still not amazing (apart from looks).
?????????????????????

Unsure what you mean there?

Mine feels fantastic, every review Ive read, heard and seen has said the MK2s handling is amazing. Hence why I bought mine.

Really not sure what you mean there.

???????????????????????????????????????????????:???

?????????????????????????????????????????????????

?????????????????????????????

??????????????????????????

Mark 1 Clio V6

If you know how to drive properly the mk1 is not a problem either.

Any car pushed too hard at the hands of someone who has only just stepped behind the wheel is going to bite you.

I am used to my mk1 now and the only complaint I would have about the drive is the appalling turning circle. Other than that it is fantastic!!!!!!!!!!

Me thinks Keir V6 was either lying about owning a mk2 or had a terrible example or couldnt drive properly!

Titanium 182

yep

it tells me:

hes got far more important things to worry about than what the clio boys think!

Mk2 Clio V6 / 996 C4S

Quote: Originally posted by fUbAr on 25 March 2004

notice we havent heard back from keirv6.... does that tell u anythin...!!!
What are you trying to say mate;)

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner

If you bought the v6 new you must have a few quid.

Seen the new Subaru WR1 ? 30k - 0-60 4.2 secs.... no competition! unless you run into a super car and even then ????

Mk2 Clio V6 / 996 C4S

A few quid, or like me, needed to dipose of a few quid before the tax year was up.:eek:

Nobody from the tax office on here is there?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Quote: Originally posted by mauricewt on 26 March 2004

If you bought the v6 new you must have a few quid.

Seen the new Subaru WR1 ? 30k - 0-60 4.2 secs.... no competition! unless you run into a super car and even then ????
Caterham or westfield...£15-25k 0-62 in 3.8s

Quote: Originally posted by Simo on 26 March 2004

A few quid, or like me, needed to dipose of a few quid before the tax year was up.:eek:

Nobody from the tax office on here is there?
I like the thought of that - maybe ill do the same this time next year.

Why all the backchat?

The V6 isnt the be all end all mid engined cars.

I had the chance to drive a V6 daily, but i just hated the way it drove in std form. Sure, it can be sorted, but how many average buyers are prepared to go through the sort of effort that is required.

I did like the box though, and the noise. Except that moving the shifter on teh bottom of the H pattern needs more travel then the top half.

Mk2 Clio V6 / 996 C4S

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 26 March 2004

Why all the backchat?

The V6 isnt the be all end all mid engined cars.

I had the chance to drive a V6 daily, but i just hated the way it drove in std form. Sure, it can be sorted, but how many average buyers are prepared to go through the sort of effort that is required.

I did like the box though, and the noise. Except that moving the shifter on teh bottom of the H pattern needs more travel then the top half.
I see:confused: