ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

260bhp/tonne Clio

Faded trophy
that is absilutly stunning i dont know much about engines but the spec on that speaks for it self

Looks like a fair bit of wedge has gone into this car, shame your power curve can't match the low end of standard but obviously this is purely down to the cams.

Clio 172
ACL Race main/thrust bearings & King Race big end bearings ..., where can I buy these and would you have the part no. busy with my n/a and your set-up is great

b/g 182, meg tourer
that looks amazing! love the look of the bay without all of the clutter! great work and great results! well done :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Fantastic taste in cars mate and the clio is clearly a weapon!

Any vids of sheer acceleration?

I know this is a funny thing to say about a track car, but it's spotless!! Love it!! Detailers dream ;)

Clio 172
Well done Carl mate, looks lovely and the figures.....I can only imagine what they translate to when driving it

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
Drove the car back from Tour-De-Force this morning. Did 190 miles and averaged 36mpg :D

The car is running too warm so need to either get a new radiator or modify the current one as its not getting enough air.

Carl

Audi TT 225 Quattro
good bit of engineering work done by Craig (APD) there:D i was at the workshop on friday when you phoned about the timing.... looking at the 1st pic of the car you can see the flow to the rad is quite restricted with the cross member and oil cooler both covering it. is it possible to relocate the oil cooler to the left to free up some room ?

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
good bit of engineering work done by Craig (APD) there:D i was at the workshop on friday when you phoned about the timing.... looking at the 1st pic of the car you can see the flow to the rad is quite restricted with the cross member and oil cooler both covering it. is it possible to relocate the oil cooler to the left to free up some room ?

lol ive spoke to craig on many occasions recently.

Removed the radiator about 30 mins ago, sending it back to Serck to see if they can make me a new one with an extra 3 inches on top. Will fit well and should provide quite a bit more cooling.

Carl

Removed the radiator about 30 mins ago, sending it back to Serck to see if they can make me a new one with an extra 3 inches on top. Will fit well and should provide quite a bit more cooling.

Carl

if that doesn't work look at ducting and blocking off the gaps around the rad, air is lazy stuff, it'd much rather go around your radiator than through it. :)

A moody 182
Drove the car back from Tour-De-Force this morning. Did 190 miles and averaged 36mpg :D

The car is running too warm so need to either get a new radiator or modify the current one as its not getting enough air.

Carl

36mpg.... wow I wish mine did similar..... (234 bhp/182ftlb)

Pug 306 GTI6 & 205 GTI6
bloody good result :D

so it must weight around 885kg's?

any more weight to save?

i got my 205 down to 800kg's now and with 200bhp or just a touch under i'm up around 250/tonne :D

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes

any more weight to save?

i got my 205 down to 800kg's now and with 200bhp or just a touch under i'm up around 250/tonne :D

and I can still kick your welsh ass in my Clio... ;)

which with my fat ass in it has power to weight of roughly 2.3bhp/per tonne....

luckily I av da better driving skillz innit bruv ;)

Westfield by the way... 672bhp per tonne Spiky. Should go ok ;)

keep looking at the engine bay pics of this Clio...

LOVING it!!!! love it even MORE now I know its the F1 Renault colour scheme... thats soooooooooo cool! awesome work guys.

Last edited:
  Pug 306 GTI6 & 205 GTI6
lol at kicking my arse, i think i firmly handed you that on a plate :D

your driving skill is wayyyyyyy better init

westfield bhp per tonne is nuts...lol

even after next upgrade i'm still only looking at around 310 / tonne,

though should be a nice match for your vagclit

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

any more weight to save?

for the title i have said the clio weights 910kg but im not sure tbh. Once i get it all sorted ill get it properly weighted.

Nice work :D im sure your 205 is getting used more than my Clio :(

Pug 306 GTI6 & 205 GTI6
so your only 252/tonne :p so idential to my 205 :D

this year it's been quite, as i had so much on, only done 3 track days, hoping to blag one this weekend too, but it's full, but hoping to drive there and hope someone dont turn up

that clio should be a blast now, got any planned track days?

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes
VAGclit? That will spank your pugs ass ;)

You KNOW mart will stick a GT30 on it for me when he builds it!

Mission creep WILL occur as always hahah

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
so your only 252/tonne :p so idential to my 205 :D

this year it's been quite, as i had so much on, only done 3 track days, hoping to blag one this weekend too, but it's full, but hoping to drive there and hope someone dont turn up

that clio should be a blast now, got any planned track days?

I was using the lets torque bhp calculator to work out bhp/tonne (http://www.letstorquebhp.com/calculator.asp)

Power at Flywheel (BHP) : 232Weight without Driver (KG) : 910Power to Weight Ratio (BHP Per Ton) : 259.04

Ive only done two track days this year. Looking at doing rockingham when i get back from holiday. Then i move to london so then it will be a struggle to do any for a year.

Carl