ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

27" iMac's

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
contact an apple store mate and kick up a fuss, as quoted from the above link:

For the first time, however, an internal tech support document has been uncovered that shows it is aware of the problem, and offering a refund to customers who complain loudly enough about it.

Mondeo ST TDci
worth a go! although its less than a week old so still within the 14 day returns period. doubtful if they give me the extra!

Rusty Cup
worth a go! although its less than a week old so still within the 14 day returns period. doubtful if they give me the extra!

Its worth sorting out as it will be a logic board issue, would cost over £500 to fix outside of warranty :S (get applecare lol)

Its within 14 days that you have the most power over Apple. Seriously dont sit on this for too long if you have a problem.

Do you have the quad core or dual core? if its the quad you are likely to be looking at a fairly lengthy replacement period as production actually stopped at one point recently. If you do have the quad i would push for the replacement to be the faster dual version of 27" as they have had far fewer know issuse.

Outside of the 14 days they will offer a repair, but being Apple you still have a good chance of getting your way through voicing your disappointment.

If you are over 14 days by now, Western computer will be able to offer a faster repair turnaround than Apple but wont be able to swap the unit for anything else.

Pm me if needs be, i work at Western computers so can do good price on applecare if needs be :)

Mondeo ST TDci
already got applecare mate :).
had quite a discussion with apple over this, one tech guy saw it and agreed it had a problem, but the managers didnt.
It passed all their diagnositc's despite it having the 'tinge'. So with it still being within the 14 days i asked for another replacement and for it to be tested before leaving the store.

They wouldn't give me any cashback (despite being a very unhappy customer)for the trouble but the best they could do was to was to give me 'mobile me' for free. (60quid)

But this new one is fine :)

Mondeo ST TDci
Ive ordered a cable off ebay to see how well it copes with the xbox360 plugged into this... i shall let u konw.
oh and ive still got 14days to try this new mac out :)