ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2k rmp idle, revs jumping up and down, SERV+ESP+PREHEATER lights on----FIXED!!

clio 172
ok, just wanted to let you guys know. I had this issue with my clio where the revs would would be jumping from 1k to 2k constantly. The car would sometimes stick to 2k rpm on idle. Now and then, it would pop the pp120 MIL code and go into limp mode and emissions light would come on. The fault was intermitent, so a couple of days later the emissions light (MIL) would turn itself off. Now and then (when hitting a bump or something), the SERV, ESP, and preheater (heartbeat thing) lights would turn on and i would lose the accelerator pedal completely.

At some point it was going into limp mode every time I hit a bump or drove in an irregular road, which led me to believe it might be a faulty connection somewhere.

I followed the loom from the pedal to the nearest connector.. only to find that there was a lot of play in the connector. Re-seated the connector and voila. Car has been ok for the last 2 weeks.

pp120 tells you that the fault is either throttle body or throtte pedal, but dont forget to check your wiring.:cool:

192'd BG 182 FF
Thank you so much! Just had exactly the same today, trying to figure it out and i just took out, cleaned and pushed that connection in properly and all is well, fingers crossed it stays working :)