ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2k rpm issue

Renault Clio 182
A friend of mine has a 182 and he is having trouble producing power around 2k it gets going after awhile just needs to keep the foot down to do it

Any ideas?

BMW M4; S1000 RR
It might not be a V8 but it's still a 2.0 engine in a 1000kg hatchback so it should move in any gear unless you're going uphill.

Any modifications on the car?

Does it make normal power in the rest of the rev range?

Renault Clio 182
No mods, and yh it goes as well as it should its just feels like its in a high gear between 2k-3k then it makes normal power. Its a strange one really I can't work it out I have suggested a quick air filter and spark plug service and to use 98Ron fuel for a bit to see what happens

Clio 172
Ive got the same issue, i had a loud rattling noise coming from my engine and the garage fixed the sound and told me it some something to do with the pulleys/timing belt...

Since then, the acceleration was not as responsive as it was before... not sure what the main problem is at the moment though.

Ive got the same issue, i had a loud rattling noise coming from my engine and the garage fixed the sound and told me it some something to do with the pulleys/timing belt...

Since then, the acceleration was not as responsive as it was before... not sure what the main problem is at the moment though.

Sounds like the garage have done your timing wrong if it's slower than before!