ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2ltr owners petrol consumption

don't

Hi,

just a quick question for people, basically im after any 2 litre owners

so 172 and 182 owners and any other 2 litres here,

I want to know how many miles you get out of either £20 , or £40s worth of petrol

ive just bought a 306 gti-6 and get 300 miles out of £40

just wondering if thats about average for a 2 litre or if its crap

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner

I get 350 from £35.... but never had a 2 litre as good as this on petrol.

Previous 2 litres 16v have been a GTE and was prob same as yours. Also had a 318 ti (1.9) which was about the same as yours aswell.

don't

350 from £35, thats pretty damn good

deciding whether 2 keep it or not at the moment as its not as fun as my old mk1 clio due to the size and weight difference and it drinking more petrol isnt too gd

id prob get 370 miles from £40 from my 1.8 8v rsi before

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner

that is nearly all motorway and normally dont get stuck in much traffic. avg is about 41 mpg per week.

You will get different answers depending on the way people drive. I do 52 miles a day averaging about 34 mpg and I have to put £20 in every 4 days.

My daily commute is a mixture of Motorway and A road with a bit of City driving thrown in.

i was getting 45mpg on the motorway at a steady 80 last night. whether me not having any rear seats and the heavy std front being replaced with buckets has anything to do with it im not sure, lol.

don't

hmm means im getting about 28mpg then, which isnt all that great but i think its average on my car

still not sure if i want to keep it as its more on insurance and petrol and doesnt really feel as fun to drive due to the size and weight compared to my small clio, hmmmmmmmmmm 106 gti would be too small though so im really limited

32mpg average on fully serviced Williams.

Was getting like 28/30mpg before I took it off the road.

I get about 100 miles per £10 I stick in - give or take 10 miles due to fluctuations in petrol pricing and the way I drive it.

Its been much the same with my 16V, Williams and 172.

106 GTi

The 6 is not the greatest car for fuel consumption, my 182 is alot better than my mates 6 which mostly seems to return 24-28 mpg.

Not a Clio

with £30 - £35 quid my trip reads 300+

If i do motorway every day I average 30mpg
If i do town every day then 18mpg

I used to do 60 miles a day (motorway) - 300 miles a week and needed to fill up once a week.

Ang

Pink/Blue 182

I can get 41mpg easily on the motorway...but averaging 34mpg at the mo......i do 80% motorway driving....but ive been using tescos rocket fuel and it drinks it like its going out of fashion....get much better mpg out of optimax.

*disclaimer....this is all based on my little french on board computer - which lies*

Ive drove my 172 around the doors carefully and managed to get 270Miles out of £35 (which filled the tank), average of 29Mpg.

don't

400 from £30

WTF how is that possible lol, i drive like a granny, revs between 2-4k most of the time and get 300 from £40

you are one lucky fooker

270 miles a tank for motorway driving (approx 33mpg)

220 miles a tank around town if im lucky (approx 26/27mpg)

My A/c is constantly on though.. so higher consumption.

Quote: Originally posted by DAVE_RSi on 03 June 2005

400 from £30

WTF how is that possible lol, i drive like a granny, revs between 2-4k most of the time and get 300 from £40

you are one lucky fooker
He drives a cup, dont forget they are far more superior to any other sport model ;) :sleep:

ex Clio 172 owner :(

Im lucky to get 32ish from my 1.6 16v VTS.

I do accelerate a bit but £33 usually fills up when I do it just before the reserve comes on.

Im lucky to get 290miles.

Ironically, Im looking forward to moving to a 2.0 from the 1.6 as Im hoping to get a few more mpg.

I know someone with a 3.2 V6 Alfa 156 GT and he gets a consistent 28!!

[Edited by Chris1.4RT on 03 June 2005 at 11:36am]

Peddled device

I just drive normally in traffic but beat 911s,evos,Skylines,F1s etc.
My Cup uses fumes and is one of the fastest cars ever ever made;)

LOTS!

A tank full (£40) a week usually does me. Reckon I get approx 350 miles from that.

Shes one thirsty bee-atch when pushed, but when driven carefully I get great MPG so it averages out quite nicely.

my average is 24-28 mpg as i mostly do town driving with the few motorway trips everynow and again. i get about 300 mile to £35. 350 when i use to do just motorway miles with an 35mpg

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by DAVE_RSi on 03 June 2005

so 172 and 182 owners and any other 2 litres here,

I want to know how many miles you get out of either £20 , or £40s worth of petrol

ive just bought a 306 gti-6 and get 300 miles out of £40
Dave, you cant compare the economy of a GTi-6 to a Clio 172/182 mate, they 306 is an older engine design, no VVT and the car is phsyically larger & heavier so it will never be as good.

However, 300 miles to £40 aint bad really, thats what I average and Ive had up to 37mpg on a long steady motorway run.

don't

not really comparing, just seeing what other larger engine cars are like for petrol

will have to get that new exhaust on and go out for a good drive

Quote: Originally posted by Day on 03 June 2005
Quote: Originally posted by DAVE_RSi on 03 June 2005400 from £30 WTF  how is that possible lol,  i drive like a granny, revs between 2-4k most of the time and get 300 from £40 you are one lucky fooker[/QUOTE]He drives a cup, dont forget they are far more superior to any other sport model ;) :sleep:

have averaged 43mpg over the last 1500 since resetting counter wrks out over 450 miles to a tank!!! , have kept check on petrol put in, money spent etc, mileometer etc... trip computer is c**k on... driving style is nippy rather than flat out... but i will claim cliosports award for best fuel economy of a 172!!!!!

Yaris Hybrid

43 is really pushing it. If I fill up, reset the counter and go up and down the ring road for an hour at about 50 just feathering the thottle I can just about scrape that. How you did it for 1500 miles is beyond me! I am pretty good at frugile driving too, I managed to get 65mpg over a whole tank on my 1.2!

Quote: Originally posted by Toypop on 03 June 2005
43 is really pushing it. If I fill up, reset the counter and go up and down the ring road for an hour at about 50 just feathering the thottle I can just about scrape that. How you did it for 1500 miles is beyond me! I am pretty good at frugile driving too, I managed to get 65mpg over a whole tank on my 1.2!

its actually not the best its ever done, ive had 44.5mpg over a 1000 period before, a lot of m/way drivng at 80mph does it no problem... i want the car to last so i dont rape it in every gear!