ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

3/4 front number plates

Clio 182 with cup kits
I noticed a few of you have the 3/4 size front number plates and think they look good. Are they road legal or just for shows? As I understand, the font is still road legal height, it's just the surround that's reduced?
Cheers.

Rather than going for a 3/4 plate with reduced size font, get standard size letters cut down to an 11mm border round the edge. This is the minimum border required by law but is also noticeably smaller than standard. They may get shitty if you haven't got the BS number and the postcode of the place they were made on them, but then they were on the car when I got it, officer ;)

Fancyplates may help you.

Renault Clio
Rather than going for a 3/4 plate with reduced size font, get standard size letters cut down to an 11mm border round the edge. This is the minimum border required by law but is also noticeably smaller than standard. They may get s**tty if you haven't got the BS number and the postcode of the place they were made on them, but then they were on the car when I got it, officer ;)

Fancyplates may help you.

Do you have any pics of what that looks like? :)

I'm sure I've posted them previously if you have a search for my posts and 'number plate' or something lol

I would look on photobucket but work have blocked it :rolleyes: