ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

3 Questions

1) Are Sony headunits that bad? I am looking in to getting one and I know that the Sony ones allow the stalk controls and display to work so they are a possibility, even though I would prefer a Pioneer or Alpine as I have heard they are better, is this also true?

2) Can any (if any), or all of the MP3 headunits on the market play MP3s written on to DVDs or is it only CDs? Also can you use CD-RWs?

3) Does anyone know if there is any update on the possibiltiy that there is an Alpine adaptor out at the mo that allows their headunits to work with both the stalk controls and display (It was mentioned in an earlier thread)?

Sorry for all the questions, but thanks to anyone that can help me with any of them

Alpine are better yes

You cant use DVDs mate, + there would be no point, it would take a week to load 4.7 GB of MP3s !! just not worth it, get an alpine unit and use WMAs if you want more songs on a CD

AFAIK only sony do adapters for the screen aswell as the controls, BUT the headunit has a screen, two screens is just greedy

Get an alpine unit and dont be silly

So you reckon that an Alpine CDA9833R would be better than a Pioneer DEHP8600MP?

I just prefer the look of the Pioneer. I take it I could get the Pioneer to work with the stalk controls too, think I read it in another thread?

Also, what do you mean load the MP3s? Sorry Im new to the stereo business!

Cheers

When you put a CD with MP3s into a headunit it reads all the info on the discto find out how many tracks there are and track names all sorts of info, if you had a DVD full it would be there all day.

My alpine unit takes half a second to load a full cd of MP3s coz its quite quick

In my opinion the alpine is the better unit, more features and better quality sound, i prefer this to the sparkly lights of sony and pioneer units.

yes the pioneer does have a stalk control adapter.

PS where abouts in brum are you from, im from solihull mate

i got a kenwood kdc-700 or sumit, i love it.. sound quality is good, looks sweet as and iv been told when i get the adapter the top screen with the clock SHOULD work and the stalk defo will.. not bothered bout the top scrn tho as i got one on the HU.

Very nice HU, id recommend it to anyone n a lot of my m8s spent more and got worse!

What model do you have cliosportcraig? Well, Im actually outside of Birmingham, nr a Place called Ashby de la Zouch. My mates called me Brummie when I went to Uni in the South (Exeter), cause as far as they were concerned everywhere up north was the same, and was all part of Birmingham! Cause southeners are like that!

Im going to get it fitted proffesionally anyway but want some backgroung knowledge myself so I can make an informed decision, but I have heard lots of good things about Alpine. How much you rekon for the adaptors?

And are Sony C**p?

Sony arent crap as such, just not as good as the alpine units, ive got the CDA 9813R which is the older version of the 9833R, quality unit with all of the features of the top spec unit. I live outside birmingham aswell, about 30 mins south of brum.

Dont get it installed, its too easy to Do it yourself mate, literally pull out old one, undo two plugs, plug in new one, push in, done !!

Is it really that easy? On another thread a guy has fitted a Pioneer and had to tke off the dash.

I need to go to a good Audio centre though as I want to have a look at them all as Ive only seen one of them in the flesh. Is there any good ones in Birmingham? Either in the city centre that I can get the train in to have a look at or on the outskirts that I can drive to?

What about the adaptors, where can I get them from and how much are they? Sorry for all the questions but I need to make full use of the time that I have talking to someone that knows what they are on about!

The reason that that guy had to take the dash off is for the connection to the top screen. You need to connect directly to it if you want the top screen to work.