ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

3 Times in less than a Year, Help!

Cooksport Fleet
Ok, well im starting to loose patients with the clio now!

The high pressure power steering pipe broke (where it bolts onto the front of the gearbox,) in around Feb. This was replaced by renault for £700 quid. I then came to the conclusion that the reason for this was the engine mounts were f**cked. I then replaced them with k-tecs group N engine mounts to prevent the pipe from fracturing again.

Then in may/june time, the pipe broke again in exactly the same place. This was replaced by renault under warranty as the part was under a year old. I assumed it was just a faulty pipe which had been put on the car (after all, the pipe had been sat on the shelf for 5 years at renault, (date stamped on pipe)).

Today, i have noticed a small amount of fluid leaking, from once again the same point on the pipe. I will try and get some pictures, but where the pipe goes vertically infront of the gearbox, there is a square of metal welded onto the pipe so it can be mounted. The crack is happening just around the top of that square where it is welded on.

Please, if anyone has got any ideas, would be appreciated.

Cooksport Fleet
The only mount i didnt change was the lower gearbox mount, that the gearbox rests on.

The engine is solid tho, doesnt move, but then again under hard acceleration... it may do.

I just cant seem to see anyone else getting this problem

Da

Less
Hmm yeah it's a strange one.

I was just thinking with the pipe passing close to the box, could come into contact under acceleration (I have no idea how close they are BTW).

BMW M135i
Bolts to it somewhere iirc, if the dogbone mounts knackered and it lets the engine/box rock backwards and forwards then theres a possibility its hitting/bending the pipe?

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
who has fitted these not us? i say some fitted it wrong and thats why ive done a few and they have never come back

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I like John. Nice bloke.

Just remove the pas josh. My old ph1 172 blew a pipe twice.

Cooksport Fleet
John is a really nice guy, i would like to remove my powersteering, but i want to keep the AC

know any ways of doing it?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I got rid of PAS and AC, i've no idea how you could keep the ac though.

pm fred, he'll know.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
2 weeks hopefully.

Got 2 solid days booked on it (me and my mechanic).

Got a lot to do but as his garage is closed, we should have no interruptions and actually be able to get on with it! :D

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Thanks mate! :)

Rad mounts, battery inside car, brake lines, full service, alternator belt and I think thats it.

Cooksport Fleet
What, u can get that done in an afternoon! What u playing at?

Cant wait till this is done, should be mental.

U got a project thread at all?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
No mate. I'm not really into pics and stuff.

We also need to go over the whole car as 90% of what we've done so far has been done in the pitch black using the light on my phone! lol.

Want to make sure my boy still has a dad after the first test drive!

Oh, also got to fit my Oil cooler, harnesses and figure out how i'm going to get the rev counter/oil pressure gague/oil temp gague to work.

Cooksport Fleet
Me neither, i still havent figured out how to upload a picture onto here.

Well, if i can help in anyway just let me know.

If u run out of light and shelter to finish it, then u can use my garage. Plenty of space to do it in there!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Have a hard job, its only got one seat. You can drive it though by all means.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Yeah. Still be road legal though (until I find a decent transit beavertail) so I can drive to trackdays.

But I've got the Audi for family stuff and the van for work.

Cooksport Fleet
What tracks u gonna be going to?

I just need bucket seats and mapping for mine then its ready for the track!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Combe mainly. I did one on the 5th december in the pissing rain. Wicked fun! lol.

Want to do brands a few more times as so far thats my favourite. I hated Oulton.

Cooksport Fleet
Donny is an amazing track to do.

Combe is pritty good, go to uni there!

I did a track day not long ago there in my mates ITB's trophy.

Driving on track in the wet is mental, the sideways action is quality.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Donny is an amazing track to do.

Combe is pritty good, go to uni there!

I did a track day not long ago there in my mates ITB's trophy.

Driving on track in the wet is mental, the sideways action is quality.

I had an off at Avon rise doing just shy of 90. I s**t my pants.

Cooksport Fleet
f**k that! In my saxo i ended up going over Avon Rise backwards in the wet. 4th lap out after a full respray!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
pmsl! I'm not designed to crash. The fear gets the better of me!

My mate who I went with came off 3 times in one lap. Was proper going for it and now thinks we should only do wet trackdays. idiot! lol.