ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

3 unlocking bag o' w**k

trying to get the e71 unlocked they are wanting £200 cancelation fee+ 15 unlock fee there T&C state if you want to unlock within the minimum terms and want to leave then you pay the cancelation fee, thats fine but if you want to stay you only pay the unlocking fee and thats fine

their customer service people say no you have to pay the cancelation fee + the unlocking fee + pay the line rental for the rest of the contract !!!!

but when i argue and read them their T&C they dont understand them :S

basically these are their t&c
Cancellation and unlock fees
If you ask us to unlock your
handset or modem within the
first 12 months of your contract,
and you also want to cancel
before the end of your Minimum
Term, you’ll be asked to pay;
n an Unlock admin fee and
n a Cancellation fee (less any
Unlock fee you have already
paid or are required to pay).
For more information call
3 Customer Services.

saying if i unlock and want to cancel they charge me a cancelation fee

but if i dont want to cancel then i should just be charged 15 for unlocking

Never above 25mpg
But in their eyes the only reason you'd need to unlock would be to not used their services anymore and use another network.
They did have an "unlock after your contract has ended" policy but that was years ago so things mustve changed since!

BMW 320ci
If you want it unlocked but staying on the same contract why not just get it unlocked at 1 of them shops :S?

Re: 3 unlocking bag o' w**k

But in their eyes the only reason you'd need to unlock would be to not used their services anymore and use another network.
They did have an "unlock after your contract has ended" policy but that was years ago so things mustve changed since!

but why if im not cancelling? they are getting the line rental for the next 18 months so it doesnt matter what i do as they are getting the money they were always going to get. their T&C only say you have to pay a cancellation fee in you want to leave and unlock the phone there is no mention of staying and having to pay it so therefore you only need to pay the unlocking fee.

the fact is by unlocking the phone they arnt loosing out on anything

its what you need to take it to the ofcom people it when they basically say sorry nowt we can do but you still want justice

BMW 330ci Clubsport
I hope you didnt write the letter like how you write on the forums. Why dont you just take it to your local market are get someone to unlock it there? Would probably only cost £10 as well