ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

3 years and counting.. A clios long journey.

renault clio 1.4 si 2000
finally today the skirts have gone on! and they look ace :cool:! still got tiger seal all over my hands tho as the cheap skirts had no clips lol! but still, sooo pleased now! :D
P1010010.jpg

P1010008.jpg

renault clio 1.4 si 2000
lol, i need it to keep my shirts smart! no, really, i love the spoiler. i know it's not every1's cuppa, but i want it to be different. at least a bit anyways!

renault clio 1.4 si 2000
cheers m8! yea, that was bad times lol! it's nice i could rescue my first car and do what i wanted in the end, i just can't wait for the next student loan instalment! hopefully if i sell the focus soon i can track down the 172 engine. i know ppl often say it's not worth it, but i can do it myself and i'd much rather know it's all well put together to the last detail than buy some1 else's.

renault clio 1.4 si 2000
ok, it's been ages since i've done anything to my neglected car, i've spent all my student loan now lol, and i've not even cleaned it. a few weeks ago i found time to fit my decat, which turned into a total nightmare. one stud sheared and a nut rounded, meaning i ended up having to angle grind and hacksaw off the poor cat (which was dead anyway), and then remove the manifold and drill out the studs. it took 9 hours from start to finish, but feels great and doesn't rattle like a spray can anymore! there's not much point in posting a photo, it's not much to look at, but here's some of the dead cat, and the manifold mid drilling. enjoy! :)
P1010019.jpg

flange end of cat:
P1010018.jpg

the manifold:
P1010017.jpg

BMW F31
Nice one fella :D

hopefully with all your help and advice mine should be easy to fit!

fingers crossed!! :D

did you plug the lambda sensor in on the decat?

renault clio 1.4 si 2000
no, it came with a blanking plug. from what i've read and understand the first sensor in the manifold is the important one, the second compensates and alters fuelling if it receives an unusual reading, which it will without a cat, and it's better to receive no signal than a dodgy one! it'll just operate as normal off the first sensor. unless some1 else with more knowledge can tell me different?

renault clio 1.4 si 2000
I've not posted on here for ages, busy busy xmas, 50 odd hour weeks, plus all kinds of uni assignments, but i've managed to finally get time to do some modding and scrape together cash for some wheels!! :D

i guess the first post should be of my new rims! 16" OZ Titans, cost 180 squid on the bay, plus a midnight run to blackpool for collection. one tyre needed replacing, and they could do with a refurb, but it's just minor scratches to the face on two wheels, no problem! rather pleased with these :)
Photo0100.jpg

Photo0099.jpg

Photo0096.jpg

Photo0095.jpg

renault clio 1.4 si 2000
i've also colour coded my rear bumper, wanted a 172 ph2 one but funds are stretched! for those eagle eyed, i've removed the rear wiper, and made a blanking plate, but i'm leaving it off till i finish the tailgate. i'm welding up the holes on the rear next week, and colour coding the boot release while painting the smoothed holes. in these shots, the bullets are off for painting too!
Photo0093.jpg

plus, new club sticker :D
Photo0094.jpg

renault clio 1.4 si 2000
finally, some justmatz, picked up off a fella on here, apologies for how dirty they are, just realised while taking photos i never posted about these!

Photo0101.jpg

Photo0102.jpg

renault clio 1.4 si 2000
thankee! hopefully i'll have enough loan left for the ph2 bumper in april. the ariel does look a little like my car is remote control doesn't it?? never really thought about it lol!