ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

300+ BHP clio

clio v6
Am thinking of giving the Clio V6 a bit of a boost but am not keen to go by way of forced induction but would like to achieve over 300bhp maybe 320 if possible.

So I was wondering after cams, exhaust and induction and maybe fitting a motec ECU to run the engine management are there any ITBs available for the Vee and if so who sells them.

thanks for any help.

Lionel Richie
throtle bodies my good man, or if you want to go for the tried and tested route give SG motorsport a shout, he's done a few just over 300bhp with cams etc etc

not a cheap car to tune though!

thats a pish take tbh LOL..deffo limit a vee to suspenion mods max then!!!

ill keep with my 1.2 tbqff:D

clio v6
Ok thanks for the advice, if i did decide on a few mods the KWs would be first then have it set up to hopefully make best use of a set of R888s which the camber adjustment built into the KWs should allow.

plus have a few other subtle tweaks in mind to improve things further and finally look for a bit more power.

I take it then that only Yozzasport can supply a set of ITBs for the V6??? what about GDI as i have read on here they make everything first and all the others just copy.

or is that just a pack of lies.

GDI use Jenvey and/or AT Power ITB's. AT Power at the people that designed the ITB's that BenR pretended he'd designed for over a year before being 'exposed'... if that's what you are referring to Ms Nicks.

ValverInBits
255 supposedly on a ph2^^

Get throttle bodies.

Am I right in thinking that the megane euro trophy racers have bored Vee engines in???
Surely there must be tuning kit available from them, if not buy one of those engines?

ValverInBits
more like an exspensive fix, speak to MATT BLACK about V6 engines and NOS ;) lol

ITB's or forced induction, unless there's a more powerful Laguna engine that could be used
Point8 said:
Am I right in thinking that the megane euro trophy racers have bored Vee engines in???
Surely there must be tuning kit available from them, if not buy one of those engines?

clio v6
GDI use Jenvey and/or AT Power ITB's. AT Power at the people that designed the ITB's that BenR pretended he'd designed for over a year before being 'exposed'... if that's what you are referring to Ms Nicks.

i am not interested in the who done what when and why,, do GDI sell inlets and bodies for the V6, mr numb nuts.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Forget ITB's nobody's ducessfully done it yet. Until somebody shows me a workin TB'd Vee it simply doesn't interest me!

Spk to SG motorsport, only ones that have a proven track record. Not sure how much work YS or GDI do on Vee's!

Forget ITB's nobody's ducessfully done it yet. Until somebody shows me a workin TB'd Vee it simply doesn't interest me!

Spk to SG motorsport, only ones that have a proven track record. Not sure how much work YS or GDI do on Vee's!

Theres an old geezer round here that does & can be verified by Alexs on here I havn't actually seen it myself though.

I thought Fred had?

Clio v6
I believe Fred has working t/bs. Don't know about YS but as their mechanics are highly skilled and qualified, I shouldn't think there would be much problem.

GDI are quite conversant with all aspects of the v6 and all of their staff are fully qualified to undertake such work as fitting a few t/bs, fault diagnosis and test driving etc. Think I remember seeing loads of certificates on the office walls.

I expect AWT would also know how to throw a few shiny bits at an engine.

i am not interested in the who done what when and why,, do GDI sell inlets and bodies for the V6, mr numb nuts.

Spoke to Tim last week at Renault World Series (guy with the blue mk1 with Throttle bodies on it). He said Yozza aren't doing the throttle bodies anymore mate.

Lionel Richie

Spoke to Tim last week at Renault World Series (guy with the blue mk1 with Throttle bodies on it). He said Yozza aren't doing the throttle bodies anymore mate.

well he's wrong! ;) we had Jenvey develop them for us, they even have yozzasports name on them ;)
IMG_1120.jpg

IMG_1123.jpg

IMG_1118.jpg

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
So what! - a set of bodies! Get em working ya fagger!

Clio v6 bhp figure is as bench tested, it's impossible to get enough air in the vent on the rollers!

clio v6

I have to say I am a little surprised that you have not seen a vee on bodies Ali knowing your track connections.

I still go to watch the odd race meeting these days and I have seen a few rallycross V6s running throttle bodies very very successfully.

bit of vid and for the cynics who say oh the V6s are at the back again just bear in mind that these are the finals and the clios are the only 2wd cars in Europe to make the finals. All of the other cars here are 4wd turbocharged cars running about 700bhp including per eklunds Saab.
http://www.trackaction-online.co.uk/photopost/showphoto.php/photo/591/cat/500/ppuser/4

Fred and Yoz are the only ones to have a throttle body kit for the V6 on the market which is good work in my book,, would love to see / hear this car on track.

clio v6
saw this in the back of a clio V6 and a couple of others at croft all were going well and sound superb,, would look tasty too through the back window of a clio.

cliov6bodies.jpg

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

I have to say I am a little surprised that you have not seen a vee on bodies Ali knowing your track connections.

I still go to watch the odd race meeting these days and I have seen a few rallycross V6s running throttle bodies very very successfully.

bit of vid and for the cynics who say oh the V6s are at the back again just bear in mind that these are the finals and the clios are the only 2wd cars in Europe to make the finals. All of the other cars here are 4wd turbocharged cars running about 700bhp including per eklunds Saab.
http://www.trackaction-online.co.uk/photopost/showphoto.php/photo/591/cat/500/ppuser/4

Fred and Yoz are the only ones to have a throttle body kit for the V6 on the market which is good work in my book,, would love to see / hear this car on track.

Been away from the motorsport scene for yrs mate...But as far as a marketable set up goes...I see none! :S