ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

306 GTi6

Are they supposed to be fast, casue it didnt seem to pose as much trouble as i thought it would, off the mark up to about 60 - 70 ish.

Up to 60 - 70, not that quick - Parkers have them at about 8.5seconds to 60.

Id imagine they are prety quick after that though! 137 top speed - 167bhp! Oh, and 6 gears!

They handle quite well too apparently!

Daz.

Yea, I think 8.5 is pretty high to be honest.. but parkers does seem to be a good source usually..

Daz.

I think the Rallye (to the GTI-6 what the Cup is to the 172) is about 7 to 60, so add a bit on to that, and its a GTI-6. I always thought they were about 7.5 ish.

They are quick.. 167bhp tells you that much. Dunno what they weigh though!

I like the look of them though - especially when they are slammed on the standard alloys!

Daz.

I had one before the Clio. It was pretty quick in both a straight line and round the bends but not as fast as the 172.

they are loaded with trick bits so thats why they weigh a load and are slow to 60 but hey are good cars wouldnt say no if was offored one.

Different sources claim different 0-60s for GTI-6 ranging from 6.9-8.5. Personally i think they are somewhere between there, maybe 7.5.

I test drove 1 for my old dear as she was looking at one and seemed pretty much similar to the valver (maybe a touch faster). They are very fast over 100mph though!!

A standard gti6 is about the same in a straight line as a standard 106 gti but the 106 is lighter so will benefit more from any mods, the 106 also handles better.