ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

3100 Miles, 4 days, 1 Trackday. The 991 GT3 Road trip of Win

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I don't know what i'm more jealous of, the car, the road trip or that rather impressive barnet you're sporting.

Either way, i'm jealous. :(

(The noise is fcuking hilarious!! AMAZING!)

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Amaze balls. What a truly fantastic car. In fact, you aren't too bad behind the wheel either! :p You should get yourself along to a few track days as I think you'd do alright...

:hail: Jealous much? Yes. I am.

I take it clive was his usual dry humoured self ..... its a nice track to have to yourself we have done so several times.

Lotus Elise
I take it clive was his usual dry humoured self ..... its a nice track to have to yourself we have done so several times.

Yeah he was on form. Up in his control tower ruler of all he sees :D

Amaze balls. What a truly fantastic car. In fact, you aren't too bad behind the wheel either! :p You should get yourself along to a few track days as I think you'd do alright...

:hail: Jealous much? Yes. I am.

I'll pop along to your next one ;)

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I'll pop along to your next one ;)
Well... you'd be more than welcome! As long as you bring the Porsche! :p Some 'guidance' of how to get around a track would also be nice... Admittedly it can be a bit uncomfortable taking advice from someone who is considerably younger and more talented than oneself, but you shouldn't feel that way as I'm more than happy to share what I have learnt with you. :rofl:

Lotus Elise
New engines all round. The old mans car is at Porsche. He's not requested it back under sales of goods act.

Such a shame the car is f**king unreal, shame they are plagued by this issue and Porsche have treated the customers like mugs. Lots going on in the background regarding their customer service.

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
Big shame, I hope it hasn't left a sour taste in his mouth. At least you got to enjoy some special memories, even if they are somewhat tainted?

Lotus Elise
Massively so. It's the customer management that is the issue, Aston, McLaren and Ferrari really looked after their customers with their recall Porsche have been so poor.

Big shame, the car was sublime and I genuinely believe that this cars engine is fine. Both failures were sub 250km my old mans has done 4500miles and a trackday.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Such a shame... and an epic car. I popped over to James (ti22) on Friday and we were talking about this very car. At least you've had some fun in it! :)

Tangoed Works
The sound is awesome. Must get the old ticker up to speed when your on it. Shame about all the recall problems. Read so many bad stories about porsche customer service... It puts you right off.

n2x

e60/f10
Fuaark, that car. And that driving lol

aleMzyT.gif

Missed this the first time round, vid in the OP is envy-inducing. You can't half peddle a car too!

Lotus Elise
He's made noises about McLarens but looking like the Metzger engine will now go in the White Cayman with bespoke wiring etc.

Z4
That's savage. Utterly savage mate, awesome!

Sick driving skills too Harry Styles.

Hows the boxster s? I'm considering chopping the z4 in for an 987 but I'm not sure I'll be gaining much?