ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

350z Roadster GT Project

So after 12 months I thought it was about time I gave the Z a project thread of its own. It's a 2005 Roadster GT black. Tanned leather heated seats, CC, Bose audio etc.

I purchased it late 2013, few light mods had already been carried out which was nice, saved me time and money.
Anyway, I've not got many pictures of before and I've only recently been been working on her.
She came with bad paint, defects and swirls and also with the alloys in a shocking state.

The wheels are 19" 5zigen ZR+520, absolutely love them, they came in hyper silver from the factory and still have the stickers on the back. scuffed to hell though. Think they're 8.5 front and 9.5J rear. What I do know is the tyres are bloody expensive lol.

DSC00644.jpg

I finally got round to recently giving her a bit of love.
With help from kyle the bodywork got its much deserved attention with a full paint correction. It still isn't perfect but a hell of better than before. The japs aren't great with paint but at least the concentrate on the build, of which I prefer. It really fells and drives like a solid machine even after almost 10 years of being driven.
I also had the rear bumper removed for a respray.

I also cleaned and sealed the roof. Currently drying in this picture but this was post paint correction.

DSC02667.jpg

I also had my best mate powder coat the wheels. Saw a cooper black metallic powder which he got in specially for someone else but looked the nuts in powder form so opted for that.
Pictures really don't do justice to these wheel and you need a good ray of light to really see the metallic flakes.
These are only phone pictures, I'll get a few proper ones done when I can.

DSC02669.jpg

IMG_20150102_213059.jpg

IMG_20150124_122544.jpg

IMG_20150124_122737.jpg

IMG_20150124_122723.jpg

Finally a few shots of the interior.

DSC00651.jpg

DSC00652.jpg

and my only roof down shot I could find, so quite old, around the time I got her most likely.

IMG-20140313-WA0012.jpg

The current specs for anyone interested are;

Fujita airintake
Stillen Engine Damper
Motordyen Plenum Spacer
Yet to see what suspension it's got.

Exterior

06 tail lights
Nissan front and Rear splash guards
Celica aftermarket spoiler
19" 5zigen ZR+520
Scorpion Exhaust.

The first V6 3.5 I've owned and boy do it love it, sounds absolutely amazing.
I came from a VX220 before so quite a bit different but I think it's one of the best cars money can buy in it's area.

I just waiting my my centre caps back from my mates as he's powdercoating them the same colour. And next will be a front end spray.

I'll upload some decent pictures when I next get a chance. I'll also follow this up with a few pictures of the wheels while they were getting coated.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Wheels look amazing, love the colour of them!

Please spray that bumper mesh black or something though.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Like that a lot. What did the car cost out of curiosity

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Love these - but not as quick as the figures suggest they should be, probably down to the weight perhaps?

Love the wheels in the new colour, not a fan of the front grill though, it looks very 'halfords' imo.

Other than that - spot on!

Wheels look amazing, love the colour of them!

Please spray that bumper mesh black or something though.
Yeah I agree was never a fan of the grille, when the bumper comes off for a respray It'll go to my mate to be stripped and powdered in the same as the wheels.

Like that a lot. What did the car cost out of curiosity

I can't actually remember, paid in 2 sums when my 220 went. Got a good ish price though based on the wheels, exhaust that are worth a bit. 7K?

Great cars. The leather colour is called Alezan btw, I bought a coupe, black/alezan in '04, loved it so much I bought a Silver one in '06 :smile:

That's the one, saw it on the Z forum but couldn't remember. Yeah great cars. Love it.

Love these - but not as quick as the figures suggest they should be, probably down to the weight perhaps?

Love the wheels in the new colour, not a fan of the front grill though, it looks very 'halfords' imo.

Other than that - spot on!

Yeah they do weigh a bit which doesn't, wouldn't change the figures tho as weigh would be factored in.

Thanks, na me either, it's being powdercoated same colour as the wheels once I get the front bumper off

I like that a lot, the new colour :hearteyes: never seen anything like that before! i prefer the look of them with the roof down :smile:

Thanks, yeah same. too cold to put the roof down but Ill try and get a few snaps

Few pictures of the Wheels in refurb as everyone seams a fan.

Acid stripped back to bare metal, and curbing removed.
IMG_20141212_105739.jpg

Then i pretty much missed the pre-bake and primer. It was black primer though I remember. Back in the over then ready to go cooper

IMG_20141212_135322.jpg

IMG_20141212_135134.jpg

Then back in the oven, out again for lacquer back in again then out and cooled. Tyres on, balanced and fitted.

Few dodgy picture outside in the sun

IMG_20141213_115137.jpg

IMG_20141213_115123.jpg

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
The wheels are so so so nice! Got a paint code or anything? 😌

Good news on the bumper mesh too!

Other than the front bumper, it looks nice. I had a coupe a few years ago, not the quickest but they sound great!

I prefer the standard look on these. Rays alloys are best suited, imo.