ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

360 on a normal tv?

6/468 17poo
Are the graphics much affected when used on a normal 28" widescreen tv?as i was thinkin of gettin one!i presume it wont be as sharp?

1.8 Civic EX
should be fine...mine is a 36 LCD but it's not HD and I think it looks great....how old is the TV tho? it will need to support 60hz instead of the "normal" 50hz ...... as my bro found out ...new tv for him! (if he decides to get a 360 that is) haha

6/468 17poo
coolio cheers people now where to get one and what games!which is the better quailty system for the money?and whats the difference between the 2 packages?

The Bus and MRT
McBunny said:
yes not as sharp or as much detail in theory it should be faster tho :)

Nope wont be any fast mate, pretty sure it doesn't work like that even though it's higher resolution. I bought my 360 when I still had a normal 24" CRTV and it was still great, definately worth a purcahse for PGR3 alone. A little bit of advice though, don't go looking at it on a HDTV until you can afford one cause there is a noticable improvement, I couldn't go back to using it on a normal TV now but was more than happy when I first got it.

looks great on a normal telly, looks unbelievable in 1080 HD though... too good in fact!

dunno about HD running slower, I played FNR3 at my mates and it seemed to play slower than on my HDTV, but he may have only been using 50hz...

only let down is normal TV picture suck ass, and even spending £70+ on scart cables makes NO difference, it still looks blocky on most chanels (apart from BBC, and the proper Sky chanels), further made worse by the size of the fucker... lol

i said theory lol

just like in a pc what runs faster a game at 800x600 or one at 1600x1200 ;)
but as i said theory not saying it will actually be any faster :)

1.8 Civic EX
TheJesus said:
dunno about HD running slower, I played FNR3 at my mates and it seemed to play slower than on my HDTV, but he may have only been using 50hz...

can't play fight night at 50hz....comes up with a message at the beginning saying you have to change it to 60hz for the game to work....at least thats what it said on mine anyway...

The Bus and MRT
McBunny said:
i said theory lol

IIRC thought the 360's graphics chip always outputs stuff at the games native resolution (1280x720) then there's a seperate scaler in the 360 which scales it to the specified resolution, ie lowering the res for a normal TV (640x480) or uping the res for 1080 HD sets.

Could be wrong but pretty sure I'm right ;)

McBunny said:
i said theory lol

yeah got ya. resolution makes no odds on the 360 whatsoever thankfully! (good job or Oblivion would be a struggle! hehe)

Rhino, I got the TV at the same time, as my old TV wouldn't do 60hz for some reason (would do 100hz though :S wtf???) so bought it all as one... it seemed like a good excuse to get a new TV, console and DTS kit though :evil:

Jo3y said:
IIRC thought the 360's graphics chip always outputs stuff at the games native resolution (1280x720) then there's a seperate scaler in the 360 which scales it to the specified resolution, ie lowering the res for a normal TV (640x480) or uping the res for 1080 HD sets.

Could be wrong but pretty sure I'm right ;)

that would makes sense yeah, as I've not seen the resolutions make any difference even when the games are pushing the console. All hail MS, the console kings :D

6/468 17poo
so although my tvs not hd it will still look better than ps2 yeah?also i presume you can save music on the harddrive and can you record off tv and plays made up dvds??

as u may realise ive never had a xbox always had sony but theres looks like a ripp off!!!

Citroen DS3 DSport
I don't bother saving music onto the HDD, I plug my mp3 player into the console (usb port) and stream my music from that for use within games.

1.8 Civic EX
yeah you can rip cd's on to the hdd but use the media link to your pc...thats what I've done....thousands of tunes and no hdd space used at all!! nice...

The Bus and MRT
beatjunkie said:
so although my tvs not hd it will still look better than ps2 yeah?also i presume you can save music on the harddrive and can you record off tv and plays made up dvds??

as u may realise ive never had a xbox always had sony but theres looks like a ripp off!!!

Much, much better than a PS2 mate. PS3 does look like a rip off and will look pretty similar to the 360 graphics wise so bit of a waste, especially when they'll far more games available for the 360 when it's released due to the years head start it's had. I'm a sucker for new consoles though so I'll probably get one anyway :eek:

6/468 17poo
sweet so just link it up with pc and move stuff over, sweet does it take ages to turn on to get to the media part?and does playing through the net cost anything?as ive already got a wireless set up do u have to buy a transmitter thingy?

Cheers for all the help guys, Ryan

Citroen DS3 DSport
To use your wireless connection you will need to buy the wireless device discussed in another topic here today. You can buy a yearly Gold account subscription for £40 (£32.99 from Amazon) or pay £4.99 monthly, this will allow you to play Live enabled games online. Xbox Live also allows you to download demos and other media, it is excellent.

Console startup time is fairly quick

Ive always played my on my HD telly so when I went round to my mates when he first got his (normal telly) I was shocked at how much worse it looked

sure you can tell its still a next gen console but on HD its faaaaar superior

1.8 Civic EX
media connect is easy...it doesn't transfer anything it's "shares" the files....your halfway there if you already have a wireless network....piece of p*ss

dk

911 GTS Cab
i started 360 life on a standard tv and it was ok, couldn't read the text on ghost recon though, ruined the game at first as i had no idea what to do as i couldn't read the instructions on screen but then i moved to an LCD and OMG, what an amazing difference, like going from vhs to dvd.