ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

360 price drop...

172 Cup
UK retailer play.com has dropped the price of the Xbox 360 Core system to £149.99 ($292.93US), undercutting the price of the Nintendo Wii at £179.99 ($351.57US). As far as I know, there has not been any official price drop by Microsoft. This could just be a tactic by play.com to reduce their stock of the core system..

But perhaps it’s a sign of things to come. If a rumored HDMI capable 360 is in the works, it wouldn’t be far-fetched to see Microsoft fazing out the Core system entirely. As anybody who’s watched tech companies can tell you, price cuts often are indicators of new models coming soon.

We’ve heard about coming price cuts before, but this is an actual massive (25%) drop, and from the looks of it, it is not simply a promotion. If more retailers follow this lead, Sony will find itself falling further back in this console race.

http://www.xboxtopic.com/2007/02/21/uk-retailer-brings-360-price-below-wii/

dk

911 GTS Cab
hmmm, so does this make the core + HDD + wireless controller, headset and hd cable cheaper than buying a premium kit?

hmmm, so does this make the core + HDD + wireless controller, headset and hd cable cheaper than buying a premium kit?

£150 + £80 + £30 = £260 (from memory) You'll have 2 controllers then aswel.

So yeh, I guess it does.

I think the core looks better with the white tray too.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
so a premium price drop may be on the cards going by dan's calculations.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member

£150 + £80 + £30 = £260 (from memory) You'll have 2 controllers then aswel.

So yeh, I guess it does.

I think the core looks better with the white tray too.

hmm not really, you can get the premium with 2 controllers and 2 games fro £270

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
true ^

Why do you need the hdd? are they not 70£ and you can just buy a memory card for naff all?

Lee

BMW M2C
Plus you lose lots of features without out. I've got Crackdown on my desk and that states there's no 2 player Co Op without it.

All the extra cars and stuff for PGR3 goes on the HD, levels packs for games. The extra levels for GRAW were pretty big. All the demos and movies go on there.

VW ....
why cares what the gf thinks ? :S they're not exactly aimed at lassies ... if u want one .... get one

f**k me Kenny ,she decide what clothes you wear also ? ;)

Lee

BMW M2C
why cares what the gf thinks ? :S .. if u want one .... get one

You tell him Scott.

Mine knows I have nights that I set aside for online gaming with the lads from work. Okay so it means I have to shout the odd meal from time to time, and it causes the odd argument, but this is Xbox 360 we're talking about, there's only one of those and I can always find another girlfriend. lol

An orange one
why cares what the gf thinks ? :S .. if u want one .... get one

You tell him Scott.

Mine knows I have nights that I set aside for online gaming with the lads from work. Okay so it means I have to shout the odd meal from time to time, and it causes the odd argument, but this is Xbox 360 we're talking about, there's only one of those and I can always find another girlfriend. lol

PMSL...best attitude!

VW ....
^amen to that Lee lol .... i'm actually surprised at the average age of guys online playing it .... even if your in a relationship you need to set aside "guy time"

VW ....
lol ,i'm struggling to see what u need a gf for then ,that's defo something that should be her job .

we need a wee chat Kenny ;)

Lee

BMW M2C
I went round to see my misses Tuesday night and all I got was "I thought you were gaming tonight" to which I replied "no I thought I'd come and see you", then I kept getting, "so you are gaming tomorrow then?" and "what's the real reason you have come round instead of playing Zelda?"

Suspicious minds women.

clio 200 F4Rt
got mine from HMV.

signed up for thier HMV card. Which gives you 10% off your first order.

so go Premium pack with Gears of War for 251 quid.

Pain in the butt having to sign uo to thier store card, but gives you 120 days interes free credit. so pay it off when times come and cancel it..... job done!!