ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PES 2011

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
IGN have given fifa 8.5 and evo 9 which is great news.

Ultimately both are solid game, i can easilly pick up fifa at my mates house as he can pro evo round mine. In the past pro let it slip and are now paying for it as it is core fans who are keeping them going. (Fifa out sold Pro 4-1). I personally am happy to change the names of the teams myself to have a better game.

Regarding the new one, It is quite hard. Getting around people is much much harder and as such there is far more build up play which I dont know if I like as much due to the fact that I liked the single runs you could make with players. ML is much much better however.

The IGN review doesn't tell the whole story, though. Fifa is averaging around 87%, while PES is on 76% or so. Both games have positives and negatives, I guess.

Sorry I mentioned it as its the first time I have seen evo reviewed higher which is a great step up for Konami

Sorry the one i clicked on was obviously the american one which has fifa is 8.5 and pro as 9. Any hoo both good games but pro evo is the best :)

Can i also state that i had a real gaming sesh yesterday, Pes 2011, Halo Reach and Bioshock2...was great :p

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Yeah, it's always good now because even if a game is sh*t or you're not doing too well, there's usually a fall back game.

Mine is Bad Company 2. Absolutely love it.

Megane Trophy
I decided to buy PES 2011, Always been a PES fan however last years game lacked a little for me.

To say I love 2011 is an understatement. With the add on pack with all the names, badges and strips sorted its awesome and offers so much more than FIFA.
The game is much harder than previously and I feel satisfied when I score after a string of passes or successful runs.
The biggest win I have had so far is 3-0 against stoke on master league.

I generally only play Master League and multiplayer with mates and this game is so amazing at this.
Its not the pick up and score 10 goals a game like FIFA is, this is a football simulation and they way players move and kick the ball is very realistic.
Apart from the championship teams, stadiums and commentry which FIFA wins on PRO is the way forward and always will be!! ;)

BMW E46 330i Touring
Its not the pick up and score 10 goals a game like FIFA is, this is a football simulation and they way players move and kick the ball is very realistic.

Have you played FIFA recently? The whole reason I gave up on Pro Evo was because FIFA became a way better simulation. Pro Evo was the choice to furious, arcadey footy.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
New DLC available for PES11 now. Updates squads, adds new kits and also 4 new boots.

The updated option file with teams, stats, stadiums and other stuff will be up in a few days.

Turbos.
Just bought a new Xbox to replace my busted one. Got Pro Evo at the same time.

Only played a few matches online, where i got dicked each time. It's certainly a lot harder. I hate it because of that at the moment, but it will grow on me i'm sure! Everything requires much more precision and forward planning. Passing and shooting require a real delicate touch. I've played about 6 games and only scored one goal LOL.

What diff cos i went from semi pro to regular. Theres far more goals from crosses.

Spurs 15 games unbeaten woop woop.

If i start with a s**t team like spurs, i play regular, win, win the good players over and go up a level :p If i start with a good team then go straight to pro

What people MUST do is download an Option File off the net where some anorak has edited each badge, team, kit, sponsor, premier league badges you name it, even done the Championship teams.

Just done mine, game is 100000x better. Don't even need all the stuff anymore if your on the Xbox 360, just a USB stick now.

15102010237.gif

About to start my Master League now, been practising friendlies all week. Playing on professional, hardly scoring, but when i do it's so bloody satisfying, really does require a footballing brain unlike previous Pro's.

Last edited:

H.Maxim

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FF
Got this today finally, onto Top Player and wide camera. Started off doing the World Cup with Spain and apart from spanking Ireland 4-0 only been winning by the odd goal mainly 1-0 or 2-1. Challenging.

Just started my master league with Arsenal for some reason (don't know if i made the right choice)

Drew 2-2 away to Wolves first game. Came from 2-0 down :eek: When Arshavin scored his second i went mad like England had won the world cup. So satisfying to score on this game.

182, 172 Track Shed
What people MUST do is download an Option File off the net where some anorak has edited each badge, team, kit, sponsor, premier league badges you name it, even done the Championship teams.

Any links to a reliable site for this option file?

Turbos.
Thanks for the link!

Had a weekend playing it now, mainly with a mate. Certainly more enjoyable playing someone equally crap!

Online is still hard. Started Online Master League and are getting whupped! Got a string of three wins, then played the same guy twice and lost 5-1 and 6-2..LOL.

RS4
How is everybody getting on with PES2011? I have found this game to be completely different from 2010. Gameplay its alot more life like and the passing is more controlled. Its also much harder to score from outside the box as you rarely get alot of time on the ball. Corners are absolutely terrible - i have probably only scored from a corner once!! Penalties are a pain in the arse as there is so no guide anywhere and you have to work them out for yourself. All in all though I think Konami have brought this game back from the dead. As the last one was shite!