ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PS3 Price drop

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
£150 for a 360 core is good. I bet Play.com will be sold out at 00:05 though.

Merc Coupe V6 AMG
i just opened mine i bought on release day, its nothing special very dissapointed, 360 owns it in my opinion. thank god i got one for free hahaha

R

rich[182]

why would you BUY one on release day, then open it 2 wks later, why would you think it was gonna be special, what do you mean "owns" it
sounds to me you are talking rubbish and simply thread crashing to be argumentative

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
We are doing them at Whsmiths for £399.99 untill tuesday next week.

Merc Coupe V6 AMG
rich[182];2626766 said:
why would you BUY one on release day, then open it 2 wks later, why would you think it was gonna be special, what do you mean "owns" it
sounds to me you are talking rubbish and simply thread crashing to be argumentative

because i went to america, and thought i would wait and buy games there as its bump here. and im not thread crashing this is why the price is dropping. the ps3 online is lame, no headset etc. poor community. if you have the 360 you if you press the middle button it opens up a side window during anygame, this has many option the ps3 doesnt e.g. music, see whos online messages + more.no rumble feature. no achievements. few good things are free rechargeable wire and region free. graphics are the same imo o and its quiter. great hardware poor software.

dk

911 GTS Cab
rich[182];2626766 said:

because i went to america, and thought i would wait and buy games there as its bump here. and im not thread crashing this is why the price is dropping. the ps3 online is lame, no headset etc. poor community. if you have the 360 you if you press the middle button it opens up a side window during anygame, this has many option the ps3 doesnt e.g. music, see whos online messages + more.no rumble feature. no achievements. few good things are free rechargeable wire and region free. graphics are the same imo o and its quiter. great hardware poor software.
but you can see who is online of your friends and you can send messages and you will be able to use the @Home feature which looks like it will be really good when it launches later this year.

You have played one game thats the same as the 360 version and you are basing your mind on that, you should really give it a chance before basing your theory on nothing!

Oh and you can use a bluetooth headset i think and if not you will be able to soon.

ANd you say it doesn't have music, well yes it does, it pretty much does everything the 360 does plus allow you to install your own linux OS and play blray movies so maybe explore what it can do before pasing judgement!

S-Max
I'm gonna sell my PSP and PS2 and will eventually buy a PS3. 360 rocks, as I bet the PS3 does. Remember though....my c***s bigger than your c**k ;) (ie who gives a f**k really)

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
why would they release a console, then 2 weeks later drop the price? when not just release it at the lower price to start with. Certainly makes me think they are not selling as well as anticipated

BMW E46 330i Touring
If certain retailers are reducing the price of the 360 'for a limited time only', you can guarantee the permanent reduction is around the corner.

02 clio 1.2 Authentique
The PS3's sold 165'000 units in their opening weekend, which is more than the 360 or Wii, the reason its doesnt seem that way is because to thwarte all the people who bought to sell on EBay they released a million units across the whole of Europe, with 220'000 units available in the UK from day one.

Ad

MK2 FRS
The PS3's sold 165'000 units in their opening weekend, which is more than the 360 or Wii, the reason its doesnt seem that way is because to thwarte all the people who bought to sell on EBay they released a million units across the whole of Europe, with 220'000 units available in the UK from day one.

thats the key to why its sold so well in comaprison to the 360.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
£400 is a lot of money for a console yes BUT it's the cheapest Blue Ray if thats what you call it, i'm still getting one

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
well to anyone, even you ps3 fanboys, it's not exactly a positive thing price droppng in 2 weeks of release....never happened with the 360 now did it....

I would say, not being an expert, that a price drop so soon signals poor sales. That's not a negative comment, just a statement of perceived fact.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I think there is a very basic version available but it does not currently support the sound drivers etc for the 360. Another version required soldering the 360 motherboard so I do not think either version is really of much use. With the PS3 you get native support for a second OS and one which works far better with Linux.

http://www.free60.org/wiki/Main_Page

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
oh that, ye I know bout the free60 project, its not in a useable state IMO, and until they can properly open up the 360 I dont think it will be.

dk

911 GTS Cab
well to anyone, even you ps3 fanboys, it's not exactly a positive thing price droppng in 2 weeks of release....never happened with the 360 now did it....
no it didn't as it had no competition!!!!!

a price drop by a couple of retailers for easter is no big thing, the margins on them are probably quite good so they just wanted to boost sales over the easter period when most people would spend time at the shops browsing and might buy a ps3, play.com are just trying to get their custom at a lower price beforehand.

MS have not lowered the price of the 360 yet retailers are still selling them at a lower price than at launch, they charge rrp while they can and with no competition the retailers were laughing charging rrp for so long as they were so in demand etc.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
well i'm not sure about that, i had a nitemare getting it anywhere less than £280 and that was when the wii was around and people were saving for the infamous ps3.

fair play, we'll have to see, i was just making an observation that a lot of people will make after seeing it's price drop combined with a lot of negative word of mouth gossip...

If you look around you'll get it cheaper anyway. Last monday i think we could get it for £369 with a game or something like it....

Its not hard.you'll be able to get it for £350 with a game in a month or two.

mk2 ph1
I think they lowered the price of the ps3 as Sony supplied everyone with enough consoles to meet demand and now i think a few companies i.e play are worried they will be stuck with them for ages.