ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PES 2011

SLK 350
Aye 1682mb and it's going through about 1mb every 4 seconds :(

FIFA demo is also on PSN. May just sack it off until tonight, I wanna play some BFBC2!

H.Maxim

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FF
Downloaded it in around 45 minutes on the 360. The PS3 has been on since 4 and it's still only on 73%:dead:

First impressions are it's a lot better than last year, only played two games so far as Barca, lost the first 0-1 and won the second 1-0 both against Bayern. Big difference is the through balls, been able to pick out some great passes with Xavi. Passing seems crisper, doesn't automatically go to a player on team, accuracy and power both play a bigger part.

SLK 350
Only played a couple of games, but I don't like it... even the menu's pish me off! PES 09 is still a nicer experience TBH.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Just out of interest, the full retail game is apparently much better than the demo. Take a look at this vid. If FIFA had this level of authenticity in it's pre-match build up's, it would be superb. I know a lot of guys simply skip the anti-climax, but check this out, anyway. Looks superb. The graphics, but of replays and close up's, are superb, at times :

Still an undecided from me as to whether I'll buy the full game, though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Remember I said when pes09 came out. They overtook Fifas realism/graphics but they ended up with an average game.

I need to try fifa this year as pes10 was very poor.

Golf R/Leon FR
Looks very well presented, and gameplay looks good too, think ill rent this and FIFA and see which I like

BMW E46 330i Touring
That vid above makes it look fantastic but you can already see that every game would be absolutely manic, end-to-end stuff.

182 RB FF
Thing is they won right to the champions league bits didn't they? If that is the case then I think the Premiership games would just be standard rubbish intros. But like Scutch says I skip through these anyway...

PES 'ball' sound effects always make me lol, sound like they are hitting someone over the head with a plastic bottle every time they kick/head the ball!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Metacritic still has Fifa winning overall scores. Eurogamer gave PES11 a 7/10 and Edge a 6/10. It's scoring well elsewhere, mind.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Full game is much, much better than the demo.

10/20 games in and it's a proper grower. It's definitely the best in a long, long time and getting close to matching the PS2 days. Much more freedom than FIFA, IMO. Ok, the animations aren't as good, but graphically -certainly facially - it's better.

ftk2g0.png

j7d94z.png

Decent option file, add in your own chant files and create or import stadiums, and you're away.

RS Clio 182
Got the game today,absolutely loving it,the passing, weighted through balls & graphics are spot on,could well be the best footy game ive played since the early PS2 days with the Pro Evo series...Also,the Online Master League mode is so damn addictive!!

here is a goal i scored in the Copa Liberatos ::
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
  UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
^ Like I said mate, if you like it now, you'll absolutely love it when you're proper into it.

It's 10,000 x better than PES 10.

RS Clio 182
^ Like I said mate, if you like it now, you'll absolutely love it when you're proper into it.

It's 10,000 x better than PES 10.

Yeah i agree,im really happy cos its much better than i even expected after being slightly disappointed with demo - i dont agree on the animations though,i think PES's are much better,espeically when you watch the replays,they are a joy to behold sometimes - Fifa's animation doesnt look right on the players to me,some have a 'gorilla' look about them,i dont know, i just think the body proportion and actual movement is better handled in PES - imo,its the best looking football game ever.

I think its all down to people preferences in the end,i was really impressed with FIFA 10 and even more the South Africa WC game - but i just enjoy playing PES a lot more - the feeling i get when i score a goal in PES,isnt there in FIFA.

BMW E46 330i Touring
I'm tempted to try it again, but that goal above just looked so easy. Passes straight to feet regardless of direction, distance, speed, etc...

RS Clio 182
I'm tempted to try it again, but that goal above just looked so easy. Passes straight to feet regardless of direction, distance, speed, etc...

I tell you what,that was a tough match - i came back from 1-0 down to win 3-2 in the last minute with an average team in corinthians,the only decent players are veterans Ronaldo & R.carlos hehe - that goal you see is everything coming together at the right time,the passing,the movement and finish - you rarely do moves like that and pull it off - thats the beauty of PES.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

Master League is a tough cookie. The AI is also far better than Fifa's.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Oooooooooooooooooooo!

Scutch I take your opinion over any mag mate as you have clearly experience at both and I wasn't even going to try Pes this year but it looks like a must!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
The few negatives seem to be about the laggy online (which will be sorted out, and it appears to be EU and not the UK at the moment, although not confirmed), the lack of a decent release Option File because WENB used the wrong code for the UK version of the game - so that one will be another week or so, and a few niggly bugs which should be sorted in next weeks patch.

Few positive quotes to take in :

I tested my copy PES 2011 and i can say full PS3 ver is much better than demo. The game is much solid. More varied of animations are there and game is more fluid. I played 3 games online and in this moment is not very good. I really like this game. The game have oldschool feeling When I will patch this game with kits,stadiums and chants this game will look AMAZING! Definitely PES IS BACK!

I've played well over 100 games by now and I really cannot understand the complaints I am reading about the graphics. PS3. Obviously there are missing frames here and there and I am sure they will upgrade the animations next year but this game doesn't even look like the same team worked on 2010. Graphically this is miles ahead and it plays much better than anything I have played before. I am not great on the controls I can just imagine what you can do if you are really good at it.

Havent enjoyed or played a football game as much as this since ISS/perfect striker on the n64,its literally got me by the balls and im like a kid again the day before christmas dreaming of the enjoyment im going to squeeze out of all the various league and game modes now pes is finally balanced how ive always wanted it to be.

Cant stress how highly i rate this game,for me best footie game ive ever played even off the back of a asian demo and theres certainly a point of no return with pes2011,in which you get so good with it nothing else compares and that includes fifa.

To many people wanting pes2011 to be something they want it to be or fifa rather then enjoying it and appreciating it fo what it is pure GENIUS!.Technologys nothing if your game doesnt have soul and a pulse and pes2011 has this in abundance.........sometimes,games companys produce something so deep,so layered,so multi teared you dont realise what you have until weeks or months down the line and for me pes2011 falls firmly into this catergry.

Can't believe the roster's aren't up to date. Well, it's not that important since the gameplay is extraordinary good IMO. But this is a big mistake by Konami.

Has to be noted though I'm really enjoying this game, much, much more than I've ever enjoyed FIFA 11 in the past week. It all feels more balanced and finetuned compared to the demo and I'll be playing this for months to come for sure. I remember a short spell in which I absolutely hated the demo, but after persisting with it I went back to loving it again. It's just slightly weird I had no problems with scoring on the demo but can't hit a barndoor from five yards on the full version...

Just finished first game on Professional level as I wanted to see about the fouls. I won with Lille v PSG 1-0. My preset tactics worked as I preset them to All out Attack if I was losing or trailing with 70 minutes on the clock. Hazard scored after 73 minutes as my whole team pushed forward. I had 6 options in the box. Absolutely no issues with the fouls for me, PSG conceded 12 in a 15 minute game. Alot of those were nothing fouls as well, just cynical leaving the foot in stuff. All the fouls I was worried wouldnt get penalised, that so wasnt the case. In fact it actually felt like there was more, they were right spoiling f**kers.

Things I noticed, passing seemed even better, in fact alot better. There seemed to be more angles, and I could find passes I know for a fact I couldnt in the demo. It also feels more responsive, in all areas, very noticable for me. Graphics dont look any better than PES 2010, played in a CL Exhibition game at Wembley at night. More animations and also smoother. Shooting felt more responsive with more variation. Everything feels so much tighter control wise, which is great. Commentary was pretty much the same, average. Beglin didnt say much either.

Right that's it, need to try online against Satnik, I want to see if the chants are played online. They sounded incredible in that last game, I have 5 brilliant Lille chants and the atmosphere sounded electric, for some reason alot better than PES 2010 with the same chants, must be the background FX.

just got mine and have to say im shocked.......shocked at how good it is. i was a bit meh with the demo but after listening to you lot i took a pump on it and its fantastic. Feels like pes of old, rewarding and enjoyable.

Got the game today for the ps3 and all i have to say is OMG!!!!!.....after playing for about 30 mins i had to look at the game box to check if i was actually playing pes2011 and hadnt fallen asleep for a year,because in comparison to both the pes and we demo it feels like one years difference not weeks.

The balls heavier and has more feel,ball control,dribbling and running is so much tighter and refined,theres more angles,more animations,defendings tighter,headings better,crossings more varied,the AIs sharper,the collision systems fairer and more balanced .....i could go on and on.

Absolutely over the moon with the final game,couldnt of dreamed it being any better.Even the lower stat players feel great in the final game,which is definetly a first for pes and the stars are amazing just how they should be and shine through.

All i need now is a good option file,anyone know when the wenb is due?

Got the game about 1pm and after a couple of hours editing WE United and changing them to Bristol Rovers I jumped on the MLO.... I will not leave the house for months!!!!

First game got beat 1 - 7 ( LOL ) by a guy that already had alot of decent players and just left attacking players up field, he pressured and sprinted non stop, running into me taking the ball and playing it to his attackers. After that game I felt like I had just played FIFA10's online mode and was very dissapointed.

Next 3 games were much better, people had the default teams with maybe 1 - 3 new players. They were balanced games and I won 1 drew 1 and lost 1.

Fifth game was awesome! I got my team more sorted out with regards to formation and tactics, he scored early then after a while I settled down and really started to play my own game in the second half. After a period of possession where I had played about 20 - 30 passes and pulled his players all over the place I played a cross field ball to Minanda and he scored, it was probably the best goal I have scored on PES, to play that many passes and the cap it with a goal was just awesome.

What a fantastic game, I'm getting *that* feeling again I haven't had since PES 5! Was in the final game of the groupstage and needed a draw away to Universidad de Chile to make sure I'd qualify for the knockout stages. Went behind quickly and was struggling for the entire game with most players on blue arrows, passes weren't connecting and I wasn't creating much in front of goal. In the final minutes I send in a hopeful early cross which was headed away by the defender, only for a player called Ralf to hit a sweet, sweet volley with insane dip which ended up in the top corner, sending us into the knockout stages of the Copa. Saved the replay obviously, might upload it if I ever figure out how I can get a proper angle with the new replay system.

After a third consecutive long session last night...i still like it enormously. I'm still not getting used to the new defending system. I qualified for the elimination phase of the Coppa Libertadores. Was in a group with Internacional, Quito and an Uruguayan team. Both matches against Internacional were the key matches. I had a hard fought 0-0 in the away leg (I love the Amazonia Stadium for some reason) and in the home match, Nei got a red card after 4 minutes. That was a stroke of luck. Managed to win that match with 2-0 c**til now i never scored more than 2 goals). The last match was in Uruguay (against Cerro i think), got a scrappy last minute 0-1 win and qualified.

Maybe it's a litle early to say, but gameplaywise this is for me maybe the best game in the series. It's difficult, but until now fair...if i loose, i loos because i made mistakes.

Last edited:
Arrived a day early (yesterday) it is such a different game. The change is massive and is far more fifary, looks fab, its vey hard, you need to be much more accurate. The pens are still pony. Its much slower then the game before but again it is really good.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Arrived a day early (yesterday) it is such a different game. The change is massive and is far more fifary, looks fab, its vey hard, you need to be much more accurate. The pens are still pony. Its much slower then the game before but again it is really good.

PC/PS3/360?

The PC version doesn't have -1 or -2 for game speed, which the console versions have. The general consensus is play it on -1 speed.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Think I might pop out and get this. Im a pes boy at heart, never really got into FIFA.

Its on my Xbox, fab game, but as i said the jump that they have made is massive. Also spurs aren't crap on it which helps :p

Hello Gally how you doing son?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Yeah, you're right. It's basically a reworked engine from PES2010 and they've done it all in 10 months. Massive turnaround.

If it's so much better than the demo, then they've massively shot themselves in the foot.

The demo gives people the chance to test both games and make a decision. Fifa was absolutely miles ahead in the demo stakes and the real game is even better.

By PES releasing a poor demo, all they've done is turn more people to Fifa. Many people will have done what I did, download both and make a decision based on that. If your demo is s**t/not ready, then don't release one.

Fifa has had a 2 week head-start and PES has no way of catching up. I'm not going to go and buy it to test it, when I'm more than happy kicking Si's arse at Fifa.

Picked it up earlier from Tesco (£30)

Didn't play the demo of either an have always bought Pro, always hated FIFA.

f**k me this game is amazing though.

Which was the last FIFA game you played?

Last years. Always play each game once at some point as i have a mate who's a serious gaming loser and wanks over FIFA and don't shut up about the Pro vs Fifa beef ting.

Always felt every FIFA is much too hard and not very free flowing, not much fun when playing against mates.

IGN have given fifa 8.5 and evo 9 which is great news.

Ultimately both are solid game, i can easilly pick up fifa at my mates house as he can pro evo round mine. In the past pro let it slip and are now paying for it as it is core fans who are keeping them going. (Fifa out sold Pro 4-1). I personally am happy to change the names of the teams myself to have a better game.

Regarding the new one, It is quite hard. Getting around people is much much harder and as such there is far more build up play which I dont know if I like as much due to the fact that I liked the single runs you could make with players. ML is much much better however.